Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok DC is precisely what you said as for work. Why for all of the above?! But specific is were the Sheriffs office of DC. Look how many LE there are there. To work there and "work on the streets" will come not only in time but on a rotation. Big turn over there, BC of cost of living and the job itself.. Court court court..... But there are positives. If your a stellar DUSM word will follow you due to small agency. All new DUSMs feel the court pains and they can be as brutal as DC , just think border town. I was on the border for 4 years and I basically was out in the street a total of 6months in that time. That's including humping the task force deputies legs to get out on the street after hours. So to answer you it is part of all DUSMs first few years maybe more (depending where). Why? It's what we do, BC of money for primary mission "courts" and why we're not journeyman 13s. Your ticket in is any opening like mine was. Take it ! Or do what I did which worked was start BOP! BOP has a great name with USMS and it's what we deal with daily. Don't know what pathways is, So? I was prior service and finished my degree while with BOP and now I'm a DUSM but in the final stages of NCIS SA process. Any thing I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CIDUSM1999 View Post
      Don't know what pathways is, So?
      I mean that's why I am asking.
      I may be eligible for the pathways program based on what I have read about it in this thread, but no one has presented concrete proof, just 'what they heard' etc. The website doesn't list it. I am planning on making changes with my current academic program to make myself pathways eligible, based on what this thread has said about it. But if I am not going to be eligible, then I am going to continue my courses without changes.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• I am not sure what this pathways program is. But if it fits you and you can find more information about it go for it. From what I know in the agency, there is nothing to my knowledge other then direct hire. There was a program called co-op but that is not around anymore. From what the last hiring went through, They hired mostly veterans with degrees. Alot of LE agencies in the federal government pretty much got in trouble for not hiring veterans primarily. So anybody that's coming out of college looking to get into law-enforcement is going to run into trouble not being a veteran. The same goes with veterans trying to get in with no degree. The Marshal service is trying to catch up with all the other federal law-enforcement agencies to have journeyman GS 13's. So what they're doing is hiring on more guys with degrees following the requirements of the veterans reserve act by hiring veterans first and giving DUSMs and new hires top-secret clearances.

Comment

• So with Top Secret, would that mean polygraphs would be coming too? My concern is I passed one and failed one lol. Basically 50/50 for them.

Comment

• No poly for USMS, don't worry!

Comment

Do your time where ever you get first and then after your 3 year time is up you can put in for OPREF "office of preference " .

Funny as I heard something very similar when I joined the Border Patrol. Heck! They even told me I would get a bonus and paid move if I wanted to go somewhere like Ajo. Then came the pay cuts, attrition, funding issues, pay freeze, somebody with 2 years more than me playing the "seniority" card. It's a flat joke.

I've come to the conclusion that all of the agencies have their issues. Good info in your posts for DUSMs.

Comment

• I'm with you on the border patrol deal I lived I through friends at the Texas border. Nothing in life is guaranteed. The OPREF is harsh but like i said, politics and your good name are the closest thing to get out. Lots of places will not open up for years and others are open with such high interest for a place it's like the lottery. I hope I'm being helpful to anyone here. I'm here to help with the unknowns and truths.

Comment

• Office of preference used to actually mean something, and people were transferring left and right. But, with the hiring freezes and budget reductions, it has only been opened a few times in the last 5 years. Unless things shape up its a joke, and theres no getting out of where you are unless you win a lottery.
                  USMS Region 3
                  Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                  Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                  Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                  BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                  Medical:2/15/10
                  MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                  FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                  Drug: 6/5/10
                  Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                  Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                  Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                  Written: 12/27/10
                  NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                  To:
                  Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
                    Office of preference used to actually mean something, and people were transferring left and right. But, with the hiring freezes and budget reductions, it has only been opened a few times in the last 5 years. Unless things shape up its a joke, and theres no getting out of where you are unless you win a lottery.
                    Totally on the money friend! Must be a DUSM to them things.

Comment

Totally on the money friend! Must be a DUSM to them things.

A stuck DUSM.
                      USMS Region 3
                      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                      Medical:2/15/10
                      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                      Drug: 6/5/10
                      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                      Written: 12/27/10
                      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                      To:
                      Medical:

Comment

• Has anyone been referred?

Comment

• Nope just the eligibility letter for Puerto Rico.....spoke to a couple of my Marshal friends they don't expect anything to move for a while....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                            Has anyone been referred?
                            Just just says reviewed, nothing else

Comment

• Just got email to schedule interview for PR announcement.

Comment

• Congrats !!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5698 users online. 251 members and 5447 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X