300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
    (Virginia! VIRGINIA!!!! coming from a MD'er)
    This x1,000,000,000,000. I lived in Maryland for my first few years here and then woke the hell up and moved to Virginia. Haven't looked back since.

Comment

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      I was stationed in Norfolk for 4 years!!! Ohhh how I hated that part of Virginia, always congested, nightmare trying to get on base etc! Got to experience my first snow storm. Lol!!!

• got the call. Super Court!

Comment

• cudder
      cudder commented
      Editing a comment
      +1. Good luck everyone.

• CopStrong
      CopStrong commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you sir

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      I cant wait till I get that call, Its hard sleeping when I work nights but try to stay up so I don't miss that call!

• CBPO703
      CBPO703 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's up CopStong, quick question for you. I got the call for Super Court as well but haven't received the follow up email. It's been 8 days now. You on the same boat?

got the call. Super Court!
    Congrats! That makes 3/4 people I've heard about headed to D.C.

Comment

That is where you wanted, might not be what!

Comment

Cool deal dude, congrats. Not my first choice but i'll take it if I get a firm offer. I'll hit you up if that happens. I know ypu've posted it already, care to post your timeline one more time? Date/Location of interview, everything else?

Congrats again man good luck
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Copstrong, maybe now you can get that info about recent grad posting!

Comment

• Congrats Copstrong.

Comment

• CopStrong
              CopStrong commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks man!

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Cool deal dude, congrats. Not my first choice but i'll take it if I get a firm offer. I'll hit you up if that happens. I know ypu've posted it already, care to post your timeline one more time? Date/Location of interview, everything else?

Congrats again man good luck

thanks man, not my "first choice" either but it was my #5! staying in the D.C. area is important to me to start, when it's transfer time (eventually) I'd be open to a lot of different areas of the country, so while Baltimore or Greenbelt would've been preferable, DC works for me.

my timeline...man i will try, but honestly
            i don't remember some of it:

mid-June 2016 applied to the "govt" announcement

July-ish received results

mid-August invitation to interview

Aug 23rd(maybe?) interview

Received TO following week

Sept had to do fingerprints, Eqip

Contacted for UA maybe in Sept/Oct

Medical sometime Oct/Nov...i only recall this because i got a call from the doc as i was pulling up to some Trump demonstration in DC so i know it was sometime just before or after election

Feb-ish 2017 contacted by BI

Apr 20 FIT email
            Apr 24 FIT
            Apr 27 "tentative selection" call

Comment

• DHSMatt
              DHSMatt commented
              Editing a comment
              I def think this agency has been making great movement compared to others like DEA, HSI . Congrats again! There really is no rhyme or reason how they give out Final offers. Hope tomorrow brings good news if not I can get good sleep during the day until Monday comes around again and then the anticipation starts all over.

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
            Copstrong, maybe now you can get that info about recent grad posting!
            ill ask Laut asap

Comment

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              If Max doesn't know anything then no information is out. I almost bet either next month or in June the USMS will know something about the recent grad. The internal just ended on March 1st. Give it a little more time.

ill ask Laut asap
            Njw85, it is a joke if you were up on this forum you would know of the" laut". I wonder what he changed his profile to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post

Njw85, it is a joke if you were up on this forum you would know of the" laut". I wonder what he changed his profile to?
              Oh your referring to the Matt Laut guy lol. I haven't seen him on here for awhile now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

Oh your referring to the Matt Laut guy lol. I haven't seen him on here for awhile now.
                Yea, he deleted all his posts and took his ball home!, i was just making a joke of all the dumb questions him and cpl others always ask and one of them is the recent grad annoucement.

Comment

• CopStrong
                  CopStrong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  careful. it's like saying Beetlejuice 3x

• Received the tentative offer for Superior. Starting to notice a trend here lol. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• CopStrong
                  CopStrong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  congrats! yea i'm definitely thinking it's superior only from here on out

• DHSMatt
                  DHSMatt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats bud. When did you do your FIT? I'm still waiting for the call. The anticipation is killing me.

• Vox Populous
                  Vox Populous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was D.C.on your wishlist?

• cudder
                  cudder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks fellas. I did my fit the second week of April. I can't remember the exact date. DC was on my wishlist. I work in the District now so I'm happy with it.

• Congrats Cudder.
                Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• CopStrong
                  CopStrong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  they won't tell you salary over the phone, that comes in an email at a later date with written formal offer. i asked if he could confirm 7, step 10 and he said he could not, but he could confirm that the announcement was for GL7 and thus was capped, at most 7 step 10. i rephrased my question and asked "as long as i make more than 7 step 10 currently, i will get the 7-10 though, correct?" and he confirmed that as long as my SF50 shows that i make equal to or more than 7-10, i would be offered 7-10.

• CopStrong The fact they no longer zero people out has caused serious issues for their recruitment effort. I know three of four 1811 lateral transfers turned down the final offer in one district alone.

The good news is they will give you a GL-07/10. If you can afford it, there will definitely be plenty of opportunities to come.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8335 users online. 391 members and 7944 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X