300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post

Yes, but after that im sure your interview score or notes, and resume will be more influential.
    true. but i think the point being made is that it's not accurate or fair to imply that the first round of interviews was the "best of the best" and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with these "third rounders". myself, a "first rounder" i don't like the implication that someone "less deserving" will get the job over someone "more deserving" because of some screw up.

bottom line- when/if any of us make it into the class, the backgrounds no longer matter in terms of someone being better or worse- we will all being doing the same job. leave that superiority BS at the door. make it to SOG and then think highly of yourself.

just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

true. but i think the point being made is that it's not accurate or fair to imply that the first round of interviews was the "best of the best" and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with these "third rounders". myself, a "first rounder" i don't like the implication that someone "less deserving" will get the job over someone "more deserving" because of some screw up.

bottom line- when/if any of us make it into the class, the backgrounds no longer matter in terms of someone being better or worse- we will all being doing the same job. leave that superiority BS at the door. make it to SOG and then think highly of yourself.

just my opinion.
      Knowing that a comma goes after a time, or date in a sentence structure, may get you the first round interview which does have the advantage, of moving through certain parts of the process faster IE background, in no ways does this make you a better selection. I can already hear the belly aches about january TO getting june classes because one already has a clearance. This of course will be sprinkled in with questions regarding recent grad annoucements.

Comment

• CopStrong
        CopStrong commented
        Editing a comment
        i don't have a masters but i was considering starting to ask about that recent grad announcement just to get in on the fun.

• A candidate's legitimate quality can never be determined by an initial assessment, hence, you see so many busts coming from the NFL draft.

That being said, candidates were selected for interviews based on HR's assessment of their resume and assessment scores. So to be fair, I may or may not truly be a better applicant than someone in the third round, but I write one heck of a resume.

I also serve as an Executive career coach, so I literally teach entire classes on behavioral-based interview preparation. Understanding the interview guide clearly outlined the required compeneties, I was able to: detail a specific situation in which I applied a required competency; explain how I took individual action using that competency; and outline how the measurable results led to both individual and organizational success. In this case, I was able to tether life-saving awards listed in my resume to each of the questions asked during the interview.

Personally, I am completely fine with waiting. However, I have a good friend who interviewed during the first round and was given a T.O. immediately. He was actually given a final offer in 2008, only for the President to issue an Executive Order freezing the hiring process. The fact this kind of thing is happening to him again is just not right. The only thing I want is for the best applicant to get the job. It not for me to say I am that guy. My job is to do everything I can to make the agency better, even if it's helping someone else get hired over me.
      Last edited by Vox Populous; 04-23-2017, 06:15 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Comment

• Funny you mention this because last week I did a review of everyone on this forum as well as the US Marshals thread on DelphiForums. I wrote down and compared the number of those who interviewed in October Versus January. I threw out the results mainly because the month of April is not over and I suspect that based on the timetable of previous comments that more TO are expected to be released before the month is over.

My results: Those who interviewed in October and were selected to receive their TO received it in January; three months after their interview. The TOs sent out in January were received at different times in the month but no TOs followed in the months after. That is, until now in April which is exactly three months after the January applicants interviewed. January applicants were able to interview until the 27th of the month. Due to this I expect there is a possibility that a few more will receive a TO before the month is over.

When comparing the number of those (between two forums) who interviewed in Oct Vs January I found that more applicants from the October interviews were selected for a TO. I'll review these numbers on May 6.

One last thing that I want to point out is that the first round of interviews occurred in August and those guys received their TO's a lot sooner than the 3 months everyone else has so far had to wait. If we are assuming the interview rounds were ranked. Then that would explain why these individuals received an interview just 2 months after the announcement closed and were sent a TO a lot sooner than anyone else.

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          JRod26, you are correct. They were tiered based on an initial assessment. However, tentative offers were done by how we scored out in the interview. So a guy who was interviewed in August that didn't receive a T.O. is in no way better off than someone from the January interview group who did. Therefore, I am in no way implying the U.S. Marshals Service is scraping the bottom of the bucket. I will say those applicants who were already cleared did a fine job leveraging their position in the marketplace.

On an another note, a tentative offer DOES mean you will be offered a job so long as funding and circumstances permit. So congratulations to everyone who has moved to the next step. The agency is extremely undermanned, so your services are desperately needed.

• CopStrong
          CopStrong commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox Populous so you are telling me EVERYONE that gets a TO, and passes each stage, gets a job offer? NO WAY. sorry- untrue. read through the 500+ pages of the old thread, you will find countless individuals that received TO's, crushed the FIT and never received offers.

• Red_widget
          Red_widget commented
          Editing a comment
          ...deleted...
          Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 12:11 PM.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          that is because a TO means nothing other than you are qualified. I think people think TO means if i pass everything, I am in. I wish they would just call it something different, such as a 'certificate or eligibility' or something to ease the confusion

• Originally posted by Jrod26 View Post
        Funny you mention this because last week I did a review of everyone on this forum as well as the US Marshals thread on DelphiForums. I wrote down and compared the number of those who interviewed in October Versus January. I threw out the results mainly because the month of April is not over and I suspect that based on the timetable of previous comments that more TO are expected to be released before the month is over.

My results: Those who interviewed in October and were selected to receive their TO received it in January; three months after their interview. The TOs sent out in January were received at different times in the month but no TOs followed in the months after. That is, until now in April which is exactly three months after the January applicants interviewed. January applicants were able to interview until the 27th of the month. Due to this I expect there is a possibility that a few more will receive a TO before the month is over.

When comparing the number of those (between two forums) who interviewed in Oct Vs January I found that more applicants from the October interviews were selected for a TO. I'll review these numbers on May 6.

One last thing that I want to point out is that the first round of interviews occurred in August and those guys received their TO's a lot sooner than the 3 months everyone else has so far had to wait. If we are assuming the interview rounds were ranked. Then that would explain why these individuals received an interview just 2 months after the announcement closed and were sent a TO a lot sooner than anyone else.
        Interviewed in August, received a TO less than a week after the interview. Flew through all phases of hiring by December 7th except for FIT test. As of today, I have heard absolutely nothing in regards to scheduling a FIT test. I firmly believe that there is no rhyme or reason to the scheduling. Congrats to all that have been scheduled and passed the final stages of hiring. God bless and journey well.

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Is your background held up in OPM? You are in the same situation as the friend I mentioned above.

• Originally posted by katart23 View Post

Interviewed in August, received a TO less than a week after the interview. Flew through all phases of hiring by December 7th except for FIT test. As of today, I have heard absolutely nothing in regards to scheduling a FIT test. I firmly believe that there is no rhyme or reason to the scheduling. Congrats to all that have been scheduled and passed the final stages of hiring. God bless and journey well.
        Well I'll add more weight to the 'no rhyme or reason' speculation.

I interviewed in September, and while going through my emails right before the interview, found an invitation to the first round in August. My email archived it and I never even saw it, but a search turned it up. I was floored. They invited me, and I never responded at all, and then they invited me to the second round. Also, after looking through some of other's posts here, I'm not nearly as qualified as they are comparatively. Since my interview, I received my TO (forget when exactly but it wasn't very long after), completed medical and drug test. Just waiting on FIT.

I understand this is all idle speculation but what else do we have to do with our time? I find it hard to believe that the interview offers were 'random'. I mean, how would they go about that? Pull them out of a hat? Computer random selection? There had to be SOMETHING that caused certain names to go first and other names to go after. Does this mean one candidate is better than another? Not at all. But we're all here because (even though this is entry-level) we all have life-experience and training that the Marshal's may want. They aren't selecting guys right out of college with no experience for a reason. We all bring something to the table that makes us valuable.

That said, there does seem to be a certain degree of disjointed randomness at play here.

Comment

• CopStrong, that is exactly what was relayed to me. The current staffing levels are atrocious. If they announced 200 GL-13 jobs, that's 200 more deputies they will need to hire on top of the 100's they already need.

I am not saying all will actually get hired; however, that is the intent. This will all be reliant on budget constraints.

Finally, nothing is random. I literally got my info from H.R. We were ranked based on our resume and online assessment. They used the ranking to schedule our interviews, then they used the score from our interviews to determine who would receive a tentative offer.

Right now, FIT tests are being sent to those candidates with a T.O. who have an adjudicated background investigation and valid (cleared) medical. So, some of us are held up waiting for medical to clear us based upon additional information they required, and some of us are held up by the OPM backlog. So if you already had a clearance and passed the medical, you are in a great position -- even if you were in the January interview group.
          ​​
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 04-23-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• DrewC2016
            DrewC2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Vox- Just curious how positive you are that the FIT test are only being issued to those with adjudicated background investigations and cleared medicals. Only ask becuase I have a scheduled FIT test, yet haven't heard anything about a BI, however I do hold a security clearance.

• I think I speak for many of you when I say if we get this gig I don't give a sh** if you were 1st round, 16th round, or were gun decked in because you interned at a field office in college. As long as you believe in accomplishing whatever mission they give us and make sure we get home to our families safely every night it doesn't matter to me one iota where you ranked.

edit:grammar

Comment

• Well, looks like I'm the first one to post.. I'll try to get everything in one post so it answers any questions.

I received "The Call" this morning. I was told that I had been "tentatively selected" by the *location* for the June DUSM class, and they needed to know if I was interested in that location. I said yes, and they said that formal paperwork will follow "in the coming weeks". No timeframe was given. It sounds like you get selected, say yes, then they make your official FO and pass along everything you need to get on your way.

Unlike the other guy who posted, I was only currently considered for one location, so Washington D.C. it is for me. It wasn't on my wish list, but if I was to re-do my wish list today it would be, since it's realistic to get and only about 4 hours from me currently.

My background and timeline for this whole thing looks something like this:

6/16 - Applied to the US announcement
            8/16 - Interview (Round 1) in Arlington
            9/16 - Tentative offer
            10/16 - Medical
            11/16 - Urinalysis
            3/17 - FIT
            4/24 - Today

B.S. Criminology
            M.A. Public Administration
            5pt Veteran
            10 years - present Army National Guard (through present)
            6 years - present DOJ (BOP)

Whoever else receives a FO, PM me so we can share some information, because the phone call I received today was VERY brief.

Good luck to everyone! Stay persistent, I applied to my first 1811 job way back in 2012
            Last edited by zerowill; 04-24-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Red_widget
              Red_widget commented
              Editing a comment
              Zero, was D.C. at least in the same region of a city on your list or in a region you selected? Congrats brother.
              Last edited by Red_widget; 04-24-2017, 01:45 PM.

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. I am sure you are excited. Good luck.

• CBPO703
              CBPO703 commented
              Editing a comment
              What's up Zerowill, quick question for you. I got the call for Super Court as well but haven't received the follow up email. It's been 8 days now. You on the same boat?

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
            Zero, was D.C. at least in the same region of a city on your list or in a region you selected? Congrats brother.
            Thanks man, I selected all regions when I applied, but all of my five picks were on the east coast

Comment

• congrats Zero!

just passed the FIT myself and also hoping for a D.C./DC area call

Comment

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly, just ask for D.C. when they make "the call." You will definitely get it now that you passed the FIT.
                Last edited by Vox Populous; 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM.

• usms-help1
                usms-help1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Vox is Right D.C is in Need!!!

• Here's
              My timeline
              Applied -June 8,2016
              Interview -August 30,2016
              Tentative offer- August 31,2016
              Medical -September 19,2016
              Urinalysis- October 25,2016
              FIT ????????????HHHMMMM

Always Persistent did this all before in 2009 FCIP announcement!!!!! They dropped the program on me and plenty of other applicants who were finished the whole process !!!!!!!!! IMAGE THAT BOYS AND GIRLS GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AND THEN THEY DROP IT !! ALOT of GOOD $$$$$ spent on us !!!! OH WELL i guess HUH!!!

GOOD LUCK to all !!!

ZERO WILL Good luck bro !

Last edited by usms-help1; 04-24-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Zerowill that's awesome man congrats! I wish I could say I would do thew same thing as you and accept DC but already living here I don't think I can take that pay cut. Hopefully you're starting to scout out the area in terms of cost of living. If I can be of any help in terms of recommending reasonable areas to live in the DMV (District, Maryland, Virginia) by all means please reach out via private message. I have a good friend at Superior court who is always working Sundays and Holidays (one of the few courts that do that for first appearances) so you will be able to partially makeup whatever salary you'd be losing by rocking that OT. Again congrats!

Comment

• CopStrong
                  CopStrong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  (Virginia! VIRGINIA!!!! coming from a MD'er)

• Hey just wondering if anyone has had to reschedule their FIT? I got the email scheduling mine with two days notice but im traveling for work. I emailed them back and was just told to contact them when i was back in town. I don't wanna go to the bottom of the list and just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience

Comment

• So... did anyone get the call today?

Comment

• DHSMatt
                    DHSMatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing here on my end. I did run 10:25 on track just too see my time. Lol

• CopStrong
                    CopStrong commented
                    Editing a comment
                    nothing here

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5702 users online. 251 members and 5451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X