Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I checked to be accurate. D.C. super court is down 70 officers in itself. I know another jurisdiction down 15. Additionally, they recently posted well over 200 jobs on their career board. If you got a T.O., it would appear it is only a matter of time before you get a F.O., so long as you pass the FIT and are willing to relocate to meet the needs of the agency. The only thing you can do is make sure you are taking steps to be the best applicant YOU can be.

Part of that is taking care of your family first. Taking a job on the SW border just to say you are a DUSM means nothing if your family lives fall apart. Because if that happens, it WILL affect how you perform on the job.

The loyalty you show towards those closest to you speaks volumes about who you are as a man. Don't limit your leadership to the workplace.

Be a leader in all that you do. Good luck!
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Red_widget
      Red_widget commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said brother.

• I got a call today asking if I would be interested in three locations. None of which were Puerto Rico, SWB or DC. I had an interview with the Marshal for the District this evening and he said he was recommending me for a vacancy he had and I should get a call Monday from HR with a F.O. for the exact location.

If you want to know the exact spot PM me because I'm trying to not jinx it until I get THE call. But, if whomever said someone they knew got an offer for Alabama was right it looks like they are filling smaller offices first for the June class. Two out of the three choices I was given were small locations. Which makes sense. If you only have six Deputies and are down two or three that is a huge ratio for an office to be short. So, the June class may not be the exciting locations everyone is hoping for. It may just be filling the offices that are at critical staffing.

I could be wrong but thought I would toss it out there for people to think about.

Comment

• Meat0177
      Meat0177 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't recieve private messages, and I doubt you will "jinx" anything

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping Miami is one these needed locations, or anywhere in Florida.

• Have Gun - Will Travel
      Editing a comment
      Florida is not one of those locations. I have a friend who is a Deputy and has been trying to come to Florida for a long time and has been unable to. All of those offices are very sought after and fill up quickly from internal transfers instead of new hires. I'm sure there are exceptions but from what he has said you need lots of time on, a great resume and know someone to get a Florida office.

Comment

• and I fixed the PM thing. I didn't think having it off would be the default.

Comment

• Red_widget
        Red_widget commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats brother. Hope to see you in June. Seem like people that applied for PR are getting calls first for US locations.

• I thought I would post this here since it seems to be the most asked question.

I applied for the PR and the US announcements but had not heard anything from the US announcement until last night. I got an e-mail stating they needed my dream sheet ASAP. The sheet I was sent did not provide a choice for specific offices. I could pick up to five regions or check the box for the whole US. I chose the whole US figuring it gave me a better chance to get a call.

Comment

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        I too received a dream sheet with 5 regions to pick from and not specific offices. I haven't heard anything since my interview in January. Hopeful for next week or the week after, or the weeks after that one

• Received TO this week. What is the average timeline of events from here (without BI)? How soon until medical, FIT, and so forth?
      Last edited by rd1987; 04-22-2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• DHSMatt
        DHSMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        Bud, there is no rhyme or reason. I was contacted for 1st wave and postponed it.... I interviewed Sept 12th in Dallas, Texas due to missing 1st wave due to finding out the USMS tattoo policy before going farther with travel expenses. I got my TO Oct 25th, Completed my Drug test Nov 1st, Completed my medical Dec 7th, FIT passed on April 20th. I hold a current clearance with ICE, so everyone's background and timeline of cleared medical and backgrounds will be different....Good luck in the process, overall its been a great turn around rate..

• Originally posted by rd1987 View Post
      Received TO this week. What is the average timeline of events from here (without BI)? How soon until medical, FIT, and so forth?
      Not trying to be a jerk brother but go back and read several of the threads and you will see there is really no timeline. At best it's a guess and if you want to use the October interviewees who are just now getting lined up for the fit test and hopefully a June class you will see you/we (I received my TO last week) have some time before any meaningful movement. I put this in another post but I will put it here again. Our biggest enemy even if everything gets knocked out by the fall is lack of FLETC classes until 2018. I believe Max (DUSM recruiter) said something to the effect of there is one additional class slated for the fall of 2017 and of course the June class. So I would say a logical assumption is we won't see our fit test/final offer until the new year but that is purely a guess based on what others have said about their timeline and available Marshals classes at FLETC. If you already have CITP like some of us do HR will probably not realize it until it's final offer time and then have us report to the add on 12 weeks later. That happened to one colleague of mine from the 2012 vacancy and they gave him his CITP start date only to for him to tell them he already had it. He had to send his transcripts to HR for the blessing. All and all it worked out but I guess the moral of the story is don't assume HR knows everything because they are more than likely not paying attention to minor stuff like what training you already have.Best of luck man.

Comment

• rd1987
        rd1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the insight! I figured there'd be a lengthy wait before any movement like any other agency and hiring initiative we've been through. I've seen many TO's going out and have had numerous colleagues get theirs. I just like to stay current and ensure I'm not getting delayed info from our side or the hiring side.

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post
      Florida is not one of those locations. I have a friend who is a Deputy and has been trying to come to Florida for a long time and has been unable to. All of those offices are very sought after and fill up quickly from internal transfers instead of new hires. I'm sure there are exceptions but from what he has said you need lots of time on, a great resume and know someone to get a Florida office.
      Interesting! I've heard the exact opposite of the Miami field office from Marshals as far away as California. In short, they say the office is not very well ran and Marshals are trying to jump off that thing quicker than a sinking ship. But, I am sure we all know how the underground network works in terms of rumors. One guy says something to another and before you know it it's spread like truth lol. I choose not to believe it because I've judged far too many books by their cover only to look like a fool when you see it was turds who started the rumor. Plus being from Florida, Miami is my dream destination.

Comment

• DHSMatt
        DHSMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        I put three locations in Florida on my Wishlist, # 2 being Miami. I'm from Jacksonville....so I would love to get offered Florida, however if I only get offered D.C or SWB, or some Podunk town ive never heard of in Montana ill still take that. And I talk to Special agents with HSI whom are friends with many Miami Marshals and quote and quote Miami office needs Marshals bad and is hurting. Ill keep you posted if and when I get a FO.

• If they were smart, they would fill all of their hard-to-fill positions with guys like MattDHS. In return for them helping meet the needs of the Agency, they should be the first to go. Then, they could fill their subsequent positions with candidates tied to specific areas. By doing that, they would increase their retention rate while improving staff moral and satisfying their human capital needs.

I know many of us are anxious to get the job, but the entire Agency is understaffed. They want us just as much as we want them. I would compel you all to start studying policy and procedures. This way, if given an opportunity, you will be ready to seize the moment.

Comment

• DHSMatt
        DHSMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        Dont get me wrong id love Florida or Texas...hahaha!! But im very anxious to get out of Vermont like yesterday. Now if I was offered across the pacific ocean you have to take into consideration of relocation expenses, having your pets quarantined for 120 days at a price of $1300 per pet and just the fact of moving at your own expense to expensive island life. Some of these spots might be tough to fill id assume. Vox Populous, have you been offered anything yet brotha?

• Any news yet on when the recent grad announcement will be posted on USAJOBS?

Comment

• No. I am stuck in limbo. My field work has been done for months, yet my packet is still sitting on someone's desk in OPM. I am fortunate to have an awesome job I love, so I am not sweating it too bad. It is just unfortunate that someone from the 1st round who was at the top of the list could lose out on an opportunity to someone from the third round simply because of an issue that is totally beyond their control.

An agency always wants the best of the best, so I am sure the U.S. Marshals Service isn't too thrilled about this either. They have a ton of vacancies and are reliant on a third party to obtain access to the resources they desperately need.

The only thing we can do is be positive, keep each other in the loop, and stay ready.
        Last edited by Vox Populous; 04-22-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
          If they were smart, they would fill all of their hard-to-fill positions with guys like MattDHS. In return for them helping meet the needs of the Agency, they should be the first to go. Then, they could fill their subsequent positions with candidates tied to specific areas. By doing that, they would increase their retention rate while improving staff moral and satisfying their human capital needs.

I know many of us are anxious to get the job, but the entire Agency is understaffed. They want us just as much as we want them. I would compel you all to start studying policy and procedures. This way, if given an opportunity, you will be ready to seize the moment.
          It is kind of crazy how no location is tied to the tentative offer. I'm not sure how efficient doing it their way is.

edit:grammar
          Last edited by La_Bamba; 04-23-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• CopStrong
            CopStrong commented
            Editing a comment
            i think people put too much weight on the TO, i don't think it means much more than "you've made it to the next step". i don't think it would be accurate to call it anything close to "likely" that you would be hired just based on getting a TO.

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
          No. I am stuck in limbo. My field work has been done for months, yet my packet is still sitting on someone's desk in OPM. I am fortunate to have an awesome job I love, so I am not sweating it too bad. It is just unfortunate that someone from the 1st round who was at the top of the list could lose out on an opportunity to someone from the third round simply because of an issue that is totally beyond their control.

An agency always wants the best of the best, so I am sure the U.S. Marshals Service isn't too thrilled about this either. They have a ton of vacancies and are reliant on a third party to obtain access to the resources they desperately need.

The only thing we can do is be positive, keep each other in the loop, and stay ready.
          To be fair do we know for certain interview rounds were ranked? In other words do we know for sure that October interviewees were "better" candidates than say January interviewees or is that speculation?From reading the threads it didn't seem like anyone came up with any solid rhyme or reason as to why certain people got interviews in October and others in January unless I missed something.

Comment

• Jrod26
            Jrod26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny you mention this because last week I did a review of everyone on this forum as well as the US Marshals thread on DelphiForums. I wrote down and compared the number of those who interviewed in October Versus January. I threw out the results mainly because the month of April is not over and I suspect that based on the timetable of previous comments that more TO are expected to be released before the month is over.

My results: Those who interviewed in October and were selected to receive their TO received it in January; three months after their interview. The TOs sent out in January were received at different times in the month but no TOs followed in the months after. That is, until now in April which is exactly three months after the January applicants interviewed. January applicants were able to interview until the 27th of the month. Due to this I expect there is a possibility that a few more will receive a TO before the month is over.

When comparing the number of those (between two forums) who interviewed in Oct Vs January I found that more applicants from the October interviews were selected for a TO. I'll review these numbers on May 6.

One last thing that I want to point out is that the first round of interviews occurred in August and those guys received their TO's a lot sooner than the 3 months everyone else has so far had to wait. If we are assuming the interview rounds were ranked. Then that would explain why these individuals received an interview just 2 months after the announcement closed and were sent a TO a lot sooner than anyone else.
            Last edited by Jrod26; 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM.

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
          i think people put too much weight on the TO, i don't think it means much more than "you've made it to the next step". i don't think it would be accurate to call it anything close to "likely" that you would be hired just based on getting a TO.
          That's a solid point. I think we are all used to working for agencies where an offer was solidification that "you (the agency) want us" and thus our acceptance of said offer is telling them "we want to work for you." Whereas these tentative offers for USMS are more like "we kinda want you...but we will see"

Comment

• CopStrong
            CopStrong commented
            Editing a comment
            i said this a while back- i think the difference here is a "tentative offer" vs a "conditional offer". tentative doesn't mean much, whereas conditional offer (FBI for example) means if you meet the following laid out conditions, we have a job for you.

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post

To be fair do we know for certain interview rounds were ranked? In other words do we know for sure that October interviewees were "better" candidates than say January interviewees or is that speculation?From reading the threads it didn't seem like anyone came up with any solid rhyme or reason as to why certain people got interviews in October and others in January unless I missed something.
          Yes, but after that im sure your interview score or notes, and resume will be more influential.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8339 users online. 407 members and 7932 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X