Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January interviewee here also got my T.O. today. Current fed leo with a public trust / inactivated SECRET clearance with current agency, MS in criminology and already have CITP as of 2 years ago. Since all I have to do is the add on I'm hoping they can squeeze me in somewhere if I get a final offer. I think the thing that is going to screw me is I have no idea where my VA final decision letter is regarding a rating. If I am not mistaken that is the paper that breaks it down in terms of what each percentage section is for. Dealing with the VA is a nightmare and I can imagine how long I will have to wait should I not have that in hand prior to scheduling physical. If I do manage to find it I can see the medical contract facility looking at it like it has 3 eyes (civilians tend to do that when it comes to military medical paperwork). Anyone in a similar position and if you were where did you start in terms of requesting a copy of it? Ebenefits has total percentage but not the decision breakdown letter.
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 04-14-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Congrats on the T.O.'s! Glad to see some movement with the January interviews. Hoping to hear something next week.

Comment

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess our T.O.'s are running a few days behind the other January applicants...

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
      I was hoping for a GL-07/00, but as per policy, they will no longer do that. GL-07/10 is the highest they will offer unless they do another announcement and open it as a GL-09.

As a result, many people will not pick up and move their families for a severe pay cut.
      Yea it's a tough pay cut. I know for me if you lump in everything at my current agency I'm looking at about a deep pay cut at first. Plus add on relocation costs should they give me a decent option and it all mounts up. All good though. Should I get a final offer I will have to seriously consider whether or not I would take it. I'd have to talk to my buddies who are current marshals and see what the intel is on that particular office (morale, leadership, camaraderie, etc). Important decisions I think everyone needs to evaluate before making that decision. Don't just fall in love with the title and the star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
        I just read some posts from the 2012-15 USMS hiring blog. I would recommend scanning over pages 500-525. Very good info on process once fit tests are scheduled to final offers. Those guys were super positive. If any of you guys are still waiting that got TO's back then, I hope you get picked up this time.
        I read from page 500 to 509. God I couldn't get further than that, that was the biggest circle jerk ever. "Keep your heads up fellas" "have a great weekend guys" "how DO YOu guYs live with dis stress of WAiTing??!" "Hell yeah brotha have a beer for me"

Only thing I got from there was you have to have a FIT done within 90 days of your academy start date. Final offers were coming in very quickly after FIT tests but they were rushing to fill a class.

Update: Arlington October, did drug test this week, and medical next week. I should have been running more during this application process. Hope there's some down time between medical and FIT test.

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Ha. I laughed when I read that Battlewagon. What do the red ticks mean after your name? I did say scan the posts lol. The main things were what you mentioned and a few other things. Some people in 2014 got FO the afternoon of their fit test. Most got called a week later. Those guys were getting phone calls from field offices to see if they were a good fit hours before they got FO.
          They also said their file was sent to three or four offices that had openings and then several offices would call them just before final offer. I didn't understand what Max ment about random AChief looking at your fit score until I read that.
          Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• The hiring freeze has to have had an impact on OPM. I know my background is just sitting on someone's desk, as it has not yet even been sent back to the Marshals.

From what I understand, that is what is holding up the FIT for many people. They cannot give you the FIT without having had your background adjudicated, because they have no clue how long that could take. So your FIT could expire multiple times before you get cleared, hence, they wait as to not waste everyone's time.

Comment

• USMC03xx
              USMC03xx commented
              Editing a comment
              About 2 weeks ago I was contacted by an investigator through a reference asking for an updated number for me. She stated she was working on my background (although I haven't heard anything since)... That being said I don't know if the freeze really impacted the BI process.

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              The hiring freeze has not affected the assignment of work. Contractors are still completing field work; however, the second part -- executed by OPM personnel -- has been slowed by having limited human resources to review the information prior to sending packets back to the hiring agency.

• Congrats on all the TO's that where received. Y'all have to keep in mind many candidates probably don't know about these forums. Up until 4 months ago I never knew this forum existed until a co-worker told me about it and its now been forever grateful information. Well with all that said I contacted HR two days ago and they finally replied last yesterday and had me confused with a whole another dude. So I replied back does this email pertain to me still and they confirmed it did. " We apologize for the confusion. Yes, this message pertains to you. You will be contacted in a few weeks in order to take a FIT test" Best LEHSP Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
              Ha. I laughed when I read that Battlewagon. What do the red ticks mean after your name? I did say scan the posts lol.

So far there are only four that have mentioned they took fit: Cudder, zerowill,havegunwilltravel and myself. That leaves at least 44 people we don't know about.

Good luck everyone. And congrats on TO that went out yesterday.
              They're based on likes, thanks, things like that you receive through the forum I believe. Not too sure. And yeah just giving you a hard time, good info in there, but I couldn't see through the things I mentioned, was irking me.

I see you took the FIT test, congrats. As I had previously mentioned, I have not been running like I should, so I hope I can pump it out.
              https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

As far as the body fat, I have no clue what I am. I am in good shape, work out 3-4 days a week, but again don't run and cardio like I should. Would be stupid if I do Excellent/Good on the PU SU and Reach, Fair on the run, so I meet the standards, but then get dropped for body fat percentage.

Also, what is up with the Run times? The Fair is 11;42-12:51, but then Minimum says 12:18. That 30 seconds could be make or break for someone like myself who is admittedly been slacking on running.
              Fitness Category: Age 20-29
              % Body Fat Sit and Reach Push-Ups Sit-Ups 1.5 Mile Run
              Superior <5.3 >22.9 >61 >54 <8.14
              Excellent 5.3-9.4 20.5-22.9 47-61 47-54 8:14-10:16
              Good 9.5-14.1 18.5-20.4 37-46 42-46 10:17-11:41
              Fair 14.2-17.4 16.5-18.4 29-36 38-41 11:42-12:51
              Minimum 15.9 17.5 33 40 12:18
              Poor 17.5-22.4 14.4-16.4 22-28 33-37 12:52-14:13
              Very Poor >22.4 <14.4 <22 <33 >14:13
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Red_widget
                Red_widget commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats on upcoming fit test.
                Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 06:42 PM.

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                ahh thanks red, wish I could like your post but cant in the sub comments

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

They're based on likes, thanks, things like that you receive through the forum I believe. Not too sure. And yeah just giving you a hard time, good info in there, but I couldn't see through the things I mentioned, was irking me.

I see you took the FIT test, congrats. As I had previously mentioned, I have not been running like I should, so I hope I can pump it out.
              https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

As far as the body fat, I have no clue what I am. I am in good shape, work out 3-4 days a week, but again don't run and cardio like I should. Would be stupid if I do Excellent/Good on the PU SU and Reach, Fair on the run, so I meet the standards, but then get dropped for body fat percentage.

Also, what is up with the Run times? The Fair is 11;42-12:51, but then Minimum says 12:18. That 30 seconds could be make or break for someone like myself who is admittedly been slacking on running.
              Fitness Category: Age 20-29
              % Body Fat Sit and Reach Push-Ups Sit-Ups 1.5 Mile Run
              Superior <5.3 >22.9 >61 >54 <8.14
              Excellent 5.3-9.4 20.5-22.9 47-61 47-54 8:14-10:16
              Good 9.5-14.1 18.5-20.4 37-46 42-46 10:17-11:41
              Fair 14.2-17.4 16.5-18.4 29-36 38-41 11:42-12:51
              Minimum 15.9 17.5 33 40 12:18
              Poor 17.5-22.4 14.4-16.4 22-28 33-37 12:52-14:13
              Very Poor >22.4 <14.4 <22 <33 >14:13
              Go back into this post i think a person did the fit didnt do body fat

Comment

• Red_Widget....Did you achieve SUPERIOR scores on your FIT for all events?

Comment

• Red_widget
                  Red_widget commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent on the run.
                  Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 06:43 PM.

• Do the Marshals require a passing score on the body fat and sit and reach?

I know some agencies just require you to participate in those events.

Comment

• I didn't do the sit and reach or body fat during my FIT... just pushups, sit ups, and the 1.5 mile. Hopefully they send the FOs this week, this waiting by the phone everyday sucks

Comment

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    95% certain it is, but just to confirm, for pushups and situps, it is one minute, correct? Doesn't specify on the website.

• Just got my TO... January Interview

Comment

• Jrod26
                    Jrod26 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What's your background?

• just got the LEHSP email starting with "good news!..." my heart skipped a beat or two. it seems this email comes just before a FIT test. for those of you that have gotten this email and taken the FIT, how long between this email and when you were contacted? and how quickly did they want the FIT done?

Comment

• Red_widget
                    Red_widget commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was contacted the next day for fit, one week to complete. One day notice to take drug.
                    Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 06:45 PM.

• CopStrong
                    CopStrong commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Red_widget i can't figure out how to reply to your comment...it looks like i'm replying to my own. anyhow- i'm very offended by that jab, so is chief Laut. he even said on this next round of drinks we are going to pout about it.

thanks for the info.

• DHSMatt
                    DHSMatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got that same email along with a few other buds whom are Air Marshals currently. Heres to getting that FIT call tomorrow hopefully and FO shortly there after.

• Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions for anyone that can answer.

For the fit test, specifically the push-ups, do they place a fist under the chest or do they count them as soon as they see your arm bend and come back up?
                  For the sit and reach, I am 6’2 and pretty flexible, how do I measure this part of the fit test? For example ….What does 1 inch past my toes equate to?

Where do they measure fat from? I heard leg, chest, and bicep.

Thanks for your Help and Answers.

Comment

• Red_widget
                    Red_widget commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They put a fist under your chest. Sit-ups fingers interlaced behind head shoulders have to hit mat. Sit an reach is a standard machine.
                    Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 08:49 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7532 users online. 403 members and 7129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X