300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
    A class holds 24, that is why they can ask for a sub 9 run! Welcome to the 1811 lottery.
    BDUSM Classes are usually 48 seats.

Comment

• This announcement is for several years. FY 2017 ends Sept 30. The USMS has to wait for the budget to pass to lock in classes at FLETC for FY 2018. They are already tentatively looking at possible Dec 2017, Feb 2018 classes according to what someone mentioned earlier.
      Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• MaxD,

Do you think the RG announcement will ever happen this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
          New! We have two (2) remaining Basic Deputy Classes in FY2017. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for June 2017. At this time, HRD still plans to fill this class with applicants from the 2016 PR and DUSM announcements and applicants from the 2017 March Internal MP announcement.

2016 DUSM Announcement

Of the over 1300 applicants referred to the USMS by OPM for this announcement, HRD has offered interviews to over 900 of these applicants. If it is determined we need to host more structured interviews, these interviews will be conducted at HQ later this summer. Applicants from these referral lists will not move forward to the next phase of the hiring process until they participate in the structured interview process.
          Yikes, more than 900 interviewed? I had hoped the initial interview pool was much smaller than that. I suddenly feel a lot less likely to receive a call anytime soon.

Comment

• Any info on the recent grad DUSM announcement yet or is that still in the works?

Comment

• MaxD1207 , a while back (and I do mean a while), you posted that Recent Graduate hires would go straight to the academy. To make sure I understand what's up, is there no discernible difference between Recent Graduate hires and the Gov wide hires except route to get there? Gov wide hires will find themselves next to Recent Graduate hires and everyone is equal?

BTW, you are like a one-stop shop for good info in this thread. Thank you. For many of us, you seem to be the ONLY route to finding out anything substantial. Just want you to know I appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
                Any info on the recent grad DUSM announcement yet or is that still in the works?
                I have no new information about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03112017 View Post
                  MaxD1207 , a while back (and I do mean a while), you posted that Recent Graduate hires would go straight to the academy. To make sure I understand what's up, is there no discernible difference between Recent Graduate hires and the Gov wide hires except route to get there? Gov wide hires will find themselves next to Recent Graduate hires and everyone is equal?

BTW, you are like a one-stop shop for good info in this thread. Thank you. For many of us, you seem to be the ONLY route to finding out anything substantial. Just want you to know I appreciate that.
                  Recent Graduates under Pathways programs is a way to meet the requirements for the specific USMS announcement. Once an applicant meets the requirements, the rest of the hiring process if the same for every applicant who applied under different hiring authorities. It is not an internship program.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...#url=graduates

Comment

• Anyone have a POC at OPM? My background investigation is done -- all the field work is complete with no issues; however, it has not been sent back to the USMS for adjudication because their request for an electronic version of my Official Personnel FIle has been pending since February 6, 2017. This is the only thing holding me up from getting a FIT. I know OPM often has a serious backlog, but I will have my HR email exactly what they need. I don't mind waiting my turn, but I would hate to miss out on the June class due to something that is such an easy fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post

On a different note I took and passed the FIT Test today. Assuming it is for the PR announcement but if they called and offered anywhere I would start boxing up my house to take it.

Have Gun - Will Travel; Can you share the requirements of the FIT test? Did the moderator provide you with pass/fail or what were the minimums to meet?

Comment

• Final Offers should be going out for the June class next week or the week after. E-mails from HRD say FO will go out in April.
                      Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Vox Populous
                        Vox Populous commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was hoping for a GL-07/00, but as per policy, they will no longer do that. GL-07/10 is the highest they will offer unless they do another announcement and open it as a GL-09.

As a result, many people will not pick up and move their families for a severe pay cut.

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
                      Hey everyone,

Final Offers should be going out for the June class next week or the week after. E-mails from HRD say FO will go out in April. I know there are a ton of people that watch and never post, but it would be helpful if anyone that gets a FO would post with the following:

1. Region/or city of duty station (whatever your comfortable with)
                      2. If the city was on your wish list or not (what number)
                      3. If they matched base pay at 7 step 00 or maxed you out at 7 step 10.
                      I'm sure there are numerous people like you said but it seems majority have not taken FIT test. Looking forward to see how it plays out if they have another class after this June one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post

I'm sure there are numerous people like you said but it seems majority have not taken FIT test. Looking forward to see how it plays out if they have another class after this June one.
                        I am an August interviewee and had everything but background done by December, still no FIT test.

Comment

• ...deleted...
                          Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• January 2017 interviewed in Arlington - just received my TO. Background- MS Criminal Justice - 4yr DOC Correctional Officer - current 5 year local LEO - current 10yr Navy (reserve) Chief NSW with TS Clearance. Currently deployed and on military hold. I was also awaiting academy back in 2011 for USMS prior to the sequestration.

Good of luck all and thanks for the informative and productive topics on here. (Wifi is bad where I'm at. If you PM or want a reply, give me time to respond)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6999 users online. 392 members and 6607 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X