300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
    Contacted for fit test today. October Atlanta interview. So movement on second round group.
    Did they schedule you right then and there or tell you they would hit you back with an appointment? Like I said in my post they seemed extremely confused.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Did they schedule you right then and there or tell you they would hit you back with an appointment? Like I said in my post they seemed extremely confused.
      Red_widget was contacted to schedule a FIT test, through the USMS. based on your last post, you were given info by the USMS to contact whatever health clinic was closest to you to schedule the medical- and that clinic was confused. Not the same thing.

Also, from your post it doesn't seem like you made any further attempts to contact either the Marshals or the clinic after the confusion...seems like kind of a waste if that's the case.

Comment

• Active clearance. Current fed leo. I got the same e-mail as Zerowill a few pages back. The next day I was contacted by local office for fit.

So far everyone that received the "upcoming classes e-mail" and had current medical got called for fit test.

Comment

• Are majority of you 10 pt vets? Im starting to see a pattern and its looking like the same thing that happened in 2012.

Comment

• ...deleted...
            Last edited by Red_widget; 05-05-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
              I have no military time. 17 year fed Leo.
              Ohhhh nice you have some great experience to offer them then. Congrats bud.... I don't understand their hiring process, guess there is no rhyme or reason to how they do things.

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

Ohhhh nice you have some great experience to offer them then. Congrats bud.... I don't understand their hiring process, guess there is no rhyme or reason to how they do things.
                Ha! Man at this point an August class sounds kind of good to me. Home with the fam most of summer...hitting Fletc at a pretty good time, though it's pretty cold in the morning starting about October...

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

Ha! Man at this point an August class sounds kind of good to me. Home with the fam most of summer...hitting Fletc at a pretty good time, though it's pretty cold in the morning starting about October...
                  Id be happy with any class, Even a Feb 2018 class as I will put on my GS11 with ICE.

Comment

• I interviewed in August and finished everything in early December, still no email. Guess I'm not going in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by katart23 View Post
                      I interviewed in August and finished everything in early December, still no email. Guess I'm not going in June.
                      Active clearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post

Active clearance?
                        10-4. 8.5 years fed LEO and just received a TS upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

you were given info by the USMS to contact whatever health clinic was closest to you to schedule the medical- and that clinic was confused. Not the same thing.

Also, from your post it doesn't seem like you made any further attempts to contact either the Marshals or the clinic after the confusion...seems like kind of a waste if that's the case.
                          This is incorrect. I was given a USMS contractor number to contact and they would do the scheduling for me. Those were the instructions I received.

"This exam must be performed at a USMS contract facility"

I can not just contact the nearest USMS contracted facility, as I do not know who that is. The contractor handles the scheduling as per the email:

"Please call QTC to schedule a medical exam close to your location. Once scheduled, please send back the appointment confirmation sheet to our office"

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

This is incorrect. I was given a USMS contractor number to contact and they would do the scheduling for me. Those were the instructions I received.

"This exam must be performed at a USMS contract facility"

I can not just contact the nearest USMS contracted facility, as I do not know who that is. The contractor handles the scheduling as per the email:

"Please call QTC to schedule a medical exam close to your location. Once scheduled, please send back the appointment confirmation sheet to our office"
                            I didn't mean you could freely choose whichever USMS facility you wanted, I meant they gave you the info for the one closest to you ("whichever" that one is) and you were to call them and schedule it- this is where there seems to be a difference in maybe how different offices handle this. I scheduled my own- it sounds like you're saying a middle man is supposed to schedule yours for you.

Regardless- my main point was that you are talking about scheduling a medical exam, whereas Red_widget was talking about the FIT test. You aren't comparing equal parts.

AND- if you get no response on the phone or email, why don't you walk into your local USMS office and explain to them what's going on and see what happens?

Comment

• New! We have two (2) remaining Basic Deputy Classes in FY2017. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for June 2017. At this time, HRD still plans to fill this class with applicants from the 2016 PR and DUSM announcements and applicants from the 2017 March Internal MP announcement.

2016 DUSM Announcement

Of the over 1300 applicants referred to the USMS by OPM for this announcement, HRD has offered interviews to over 900 of these applicants. If it is determined we need to host more structured interviews, these interviews will be conducted at HQ later this summer. Applicants from these referral lists will not move forward to the next phase of the hiring process until they participate in the structured interview process.

Comment

• Jrod26
                                Jrod26 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                900 people were interviewed for only 2 DUSM classes?? A class holds how many? Long shot maybe 50 cadets? Why even interview that many people for so few positions!

• A class holds 24, that is why they can ask for a sub 9 run! Welcome to the 1811 lottery.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8753 users online. 380 members and 8373 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X