Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
    Hey MaxD,

Quick question because I am having zero luck tracking down the answer on this forum. When the chiefs of these districts get our applications with our FIT scores etc. Do they see the number of pushups and time on our run or do they just see our rating as Superior or Minimum at worse. Thank you. Hope this helps out everyone else too, I'm sure they're are a lot of curious candidates.
    Not 100% sure, but I think they only see your FIT rating category in your application package.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
      FWIW, the deputy who gave me my FIT said that if you find someone in your class who wants to trade you duty stations you can, which I thought was interesting because i thought the chiefs picked their guys from the pool of eligibles. Maybe one of the DUSMs on here can share more insight.
      You can trade, but the swap still needs to be approved by the gaining and losing Chiefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

You can trade, but the swap still needs to be approved by the gaining and losing Chiefs.
        Hey sir, not sure if your inbox is full, but I sent you a PM.

Comment

• I have been contacted by an investigator in regards to my BI. So there is still movement in regards to them looking for candidates.... Also, if you want things to move smoothly, make sure you leave the right phone number for them to contact you (facepalm). Good note: they said that my BI was marked priority now due to the mess up, and they have to get it done soon.

Comment

• Has anyone from the January interviews received any kind of news or email from Headquarters?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod26 View Post
              has anyone from the january interviews received any kind of news or email from headquarters?
              nope...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrod26 View Post
                Has anyone from the January interviews received any kind of news or email from Headquarters?
                Nothing here

Comment

• lol You can't just trade districts at FLETC... Where in the world are you guys getting that info. You have to do 2-3 years in the location that you are signed, then you MIGHT be able to O-pref. That depends on 1) If O-pref is open at the time you are eligible to move. 2) If someone from the district that you want to go to is willing to trade districts with you. If you want more info on this topic call your local district recruiter. 3) Or that district could just have a open slot, this is really unlikely but a possibility. I know a guy that was a DUSM in LA, and his wife hated it and wanted to get back to the east coast. The location that he wanted to get to was filled, he ended up getting a state away but his wife still hated it. He ended up leaving the USMS and joining ICE. Honestly people, don't believe a lot of the info on this blog.
                  Last edited by USMC85; 04-05-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• I saw someone else posted this, but does anyone have any other contact information. The only contact info I have is from the original emails I received stating I passed everything. I am an August interviewer and have completed everything but the FIT test. I send emails but never received a reply.

Comment

• Just curious, has there been any news on the internal posting for current USMS employees?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsw2013 View Post
                        Just curious, has there been any news on the internal posting for current USMS employees?
                        Already opened and closed

Comment

• Arlington October. Received the info to schedule Medical. Called the medical contractor, they were lost in the sauce. Told them I was a DUSM applicant, they were asking which kind of testing I wanted, I told them whatever they require. She then goes through a list and is asking things such as 'are you interested in a TB test?' to which I replied 'if it is required, yes'

They did not schedule then and there, said they will call back. I am not betting on it, based on the face they were lost in the sauce.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Vox Populous
                            Vox Populous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You need all of the tests associated with the 1811 career series. Specifically, you need: a visual test of your near, far, and color vision; a hearing test; EKG; blood pressure reading; lipid panel; PPD; and complete overall physical. Additionally, you will need to pass a urinalysis. All of this must be done before you will be allowed to take the FIT.
                            Last edited by Vox Populous; 04-05-2017, 05:10 PM.

• Originally posted by Jrod26 View Post
                          Has anyone from the January interviews received any kind of news or email from Headquarters?
                          Nope

Comment

• Contacted for fit test today. October Atlanta interview. So movement on second round group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_widget View Post
                              Contacted for fit test today. October Atlanta interview. So movement on second round group.
                              Active clearance?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8117 users online. 365 members and 7752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X