Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacted to take my fit this week. Im from the first batch that interviewed in August. Good luck guys and gals.

Comment

• you guys taking the FIT- are you getting phone calls or emails?

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
        you guys taking the FIT- are you getting phone calls or emails?
        I received a phone call from a local deputy. From what he was saying it was "ASAP" to get it done so hopefully they're pushing to get the June offers out soon. I'm like a vulture right now every time my phone goes off.

Comment

• Has anyone heard when exactly the recent grad announcement for the DUSM position will be posted? I know from an earlier post that it is TBD but I was wondering if anyone heard something through the grapevine.

Comment

• I was contacted via email for mine and as zerowill stated, there is definitely a priority to get them done.

Comment

• cool. i was thinking since the PR announcement was first they might prioritize PR applicants...does that line up with either of you?

Comment

cool. i was thinking since the PR announcement was first they might prioritize PR applicants...does that line up with either of you?
                I'm not a PR applicant but I would imagine they are going to have several of them in the upcoming class.

Comment

cool. i was thinking since the PR announcement was first they might prioritize PR applicants...does that line up with either of you?
                  Nope.. one guy who posted on here a few pages back was, and his email said "3 or 4 vacancies for PR".

Comment

• Originally posted by cudder View Post
                    Contacted to take my fit this week. Im from the first batch that interviewed in August. Good luck guys and gals.
                    Rock on!!! This is great news, movement is coming along. Still waiting for FIT on my end, I was the 2nd round batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
                      Nope.. one guy who posted on here a few pages back was, and his email said "3 or 4 vacancies for PR".
                      The e-mail I received stated they would be hiring 5-6 for Puerto Rico BETWEEN the June and August classes. Basically, it seems like the stand alone PR announcement was a way to have less applicants use the new online testing (which was a pilot program at the time) and work out any kinks it may have had before the bigger announcement where they would have tens of thousands more people using it. I could be way off on that but if you have a stand alone announcement for 12 vacancies but only fill half or less then it must not have been a priority posting like we all assumed.

On a different note I took and passed the FIT Test today. Assuming it is for the PR announcement but if they called and offered anywhere I would start boxing up my house to take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post

The e-mail I received stated they would be hiring 5-6 for Puerto Rico BETWEEN the June and August classes. Basically, it seems like the stand alone PR announcement was a way to have less applicants use the new online testing (which was a pilot program at the time) and work out any kinks it may have had before the bigger announcement where they would have tens of thousands more people using it. I could be way off on that but if you have a stand alone announcement for 12 vacancies but only fill half or less then it must not have been a priority posting like we all assumed.

On a different note I took and passed the FIT Test today. Assuming it is for the PR announcement but if they called and offered anywhere I would start boxing up my house to take it.
                        Congrats on passing the FIT. How did they do your pushups...did the DUSM place a balled fist on the ground and you had to touch that then back up. How much of everything did you do? Did you run a sub 9. Congrats again on the movement brotha....!

Comment

• Passing along some info: Spoke to a individual at USMS-HRD a few days ago. They are pushing everyone right now for the June Class. I haven't got my TO yet so I was worried. The guy I spoke to looked me up, and I wasn't on the DQ list. Then the next day I got two emails both saying I still have an active application and I will be contacted soon. He also stated that they will be sending out those DQ emails soon. He also said that they will be having a class in Aug, Dec, and Feb of 18 (AS of right now.) USMS is currently promoting 200 13's, so the hiring for 082 will keep going strong. In Trumps order, he wants another 40 DUSM on the southwest border. I haven't been following along with this forum due to the large amount of B.S. I was reading but if this info is already known, just pass along. ALSO YES, the fit test plays a BIG role in getting a offer. After you finish your steps you go into a pool and all the districts get the list and they pick. So kill that FIT TEST PEOPLE! Good luck everyone!!

Comment

• Hey MaxD,

Quick question because I am having zero luck tracking down the answer on this forum. When the chiefs of these districts get our applications with our FIT scores etc. Do they see the number of pushups and time on our run or do they just see our rating as Superior or Minimum at worse. Thank you. Hope this helps out everyone else too, I'm sure they're are a lot of curious candidates.

Comment

• FWIW, the deputy who gave me my FIT said that if you find someone in your class who wants to trade you duty stations you can, which I thought was interesting because i thought the chiefs picked their guys from the pool of eligibles. Maybe one of the DUSMs on here can share more insight.

Comment

• Any one have a HR contact phone or email they can PM me? Have had no luck with the original email address with getting responses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5593 users online. 338 members and 5255 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X