300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

You will not get a final offer until some ACDUSM from any of the 94 offices in the US has reviewed your application package and is interested in you. FIT scores are a huge factor when these Chiefs review the application packages. If they like you as an applicant, they will notify HRD with their decision and you may get a final offer then. Not everyone who gets a FIT test and pass will get a final offer. The USMS hiring process is one of the most competitive processes in federal law enforcement. In actuality, every applicant should score in the high 90%, since this is the only part of the process that is under the applicant's control. At this point, there is no excuse not to score high on you FIT test.
    OK, that's the key to the puzzle that I didn't have. This makes sense then. Thanks for the info MaxD; all the more reason to continue pushing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
      What's the age category for most of all you. These FIT test scores seem very achievable, especially to score in the 90%. Cant wait for the FIT call or email myself. How many have already been given a date or already completed the FIT?
      i'm in the 30-39 male, but if i get the call for FIT i may identify as a 50-59 female that day. what could they do?

serious question- you guys are talking about "90%"- where are you getting the %'s from? i only see the superior, excellent, good, etc...

Comment

• Basically he's saying every Marshal age 30-39 (for instance) should be running 1.5 mile in under 8:45 to have the best shot at the job (90th percentile). That's booking. That's insane and if fit scores are weighed as heavily as he says versus the complete package then that would make me think twice about the agency. I know it comes as a shock but PT studs can be turds too.

If they aren't weighing the totality of your application package (resume, assessment, interview, and fit test) and are focusing solely on your fit scores then that shows a significant systematic failure worth re-thinking. That logic should be applied to ALL agencies not just the USMS. Just my two sense.
        Last edited by La_Bamba; 03-31-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
          Basically he's saying every Marshal age 30-39 (for instance) should be running 1.5 mile in under 8:45 to have the best shot at the job (90th percentile). That's booking. That's insane and if fit scores are weighed as heavily as he says versus the complete package then that would make me think twice about the agency. I know it comes as a shock but PT studs can be turds too.

If they aren't weighing the totality of your application package (resume, assessment, interview, and fit test) and are focusing solely on your fit scores then that shows a significant systematic failure worth re-thinking. That logic should be applied to ALL agencies not just the USMS. Just my two sense.
          I'm 32 years old and a slim build at 6"2 , 175lbs and averaging 55-60 pushups in a minute and 45-50 sit-ups give or take depending on how fast I pump them out. And Id say when I run I'm definitely booking it and still right at 10 minutes and 30 seconds and I'm pretty darn fit for my age. Theres no way I can sprint the whole mile and half in 8:45 without gassing out....But I will damn sure try my hardest and give it my everything when offered the FIT and try to be under 9 minutes.....I would think seeing scores like that would be outstanding!

Comment

• Yes, the push ups, situps, sure superior, but a sub 9 mile and a half. That is a little bit faster than a 6 min mile, holy shizzer. I do believe what is implied is that there are not a lot of slots a ton of people. So picky they are as Yoda would say!

Comment

• what's the % of bodyweight for the bench press opt out?

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
                Basically he's saying every Marshal age 30-39 (for instance) should be running 1.5 mile in under 8:45 to have the best shot at the job (90th percentile). That's booking. That's insane and if fit scores are weighed as heavily as he says versus the complete package then that would make me think twice about the agency. I know it comes as a shock but PT studs can be turds too.

Already calling the USMS turds? You are free to think whatever you want. The USMS does not owe anything to anyone and will only select the people they want. Like I said before, for every one guy with a mediocre FIT score, there are 5 PT studs or turds, like you like to call them, with military preference, advanced degrees and LE experience that will make you look insignificant. And yes, there have been many USMS recruits at BDUSM that ran a sub 9 1.5 mile.

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

i'm in the 30-39 male, but if i get the call for FIT i may identify as a 50-59 female that day. what could they do?

serious question- you guys are talking about "90%"- where are you getting the %'s from? i only see the superior, excellent, good, etc...
                  The FIT coordinatorr will assign a percentile score to each category of the FIT test. That is how the calculate the scores for the 500 club at FLETC, although for the FIT only 3 categories are tested.

Comment

• I 100 percent believe there are, but it appears from what your saying is that everyobe does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
                      I 100 percent believe there are, but it appears from what your saying is that everyobe does.
                      65% of my class scored in the 90s at FLETC for the 1.5 run.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

65% of my class scored in the 90s at FLETC for the 1.5 run.
                        I believe that, 90's might be sub 10

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
                          What's the age category for most of all you. These FIT test scores seem very achievable, especially to score in the 90%. Cant wait for the FIT call or email myself. How many have already been given a date or already completed the FIT?
                          Just waiting on the Fit Test Call !!!! I think ZeroWill is the first on the Forum to do the fit test for June 8th Announcement or at least the first to announce on the forum that he was giving the Fit test!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by usms-help1 View Post

Just waiting on the Fit Test Call !!!! I think ZeroWill is the first on the Forum to do the fit test for June 8th Announcement or at least the first to announce on the forum that he was giving the Fit test!!!
                            I think so too, I know of two others whom aren't on this forum who got contacted to prepare for the FIT in JUNE, so id suspect their both going to this potential August course. Im just holding my spot with ICE until I get offered the FIT like everyone else and gonna crush this run with a SUB 9 mile and half.

Comment

• i am a current DUSM. i went to the academy in 2014. In my class, we had people who im sure barely passed the FIT test and ones who scored very high. Just try your best and pass the damn test. Good luck guys.

Comment

• oh an for the amout of people in my class that ran sub 9's, was probably only 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8748 users online. 378 members and 8370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X