300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
    I just received an email from USMS saying that classes will be held in June and August. It said they will be doing everything for the June class in April (Selections and FIT) so if you have an active physical with USMS to keep an eye on your email and phone. This includes final offers being made in April.

Max, do you know the specific start date for the class? My wife and I will be out of the country on vacation until the night of June 5th so if it's that first Monday for a start date I'm screwed.
    I have no information about that.

Comment

I just received an email from USMS saying that classes will be held in June and August. It said they will be doing everything for the June class in April (Selections and FIT) so if you have an active physical with USMS to keep an eye on your email and phone. This includes final offers being made in April.

Max, do you know the specific start date for the class? My wife and I will be out of the country on vacation until the night of June 5th so if it's that first Monday for a start date I'm screwed.
      Where did this info come from. Myself along with another 15 candidates have not heard anything since requesting an updated OF-306 like 3 weeks ago and a few being requested to submit a SF86 along with fingerprints.

Thanks

Comment

• If I had to guess HRD is probably going in order of interviews and being already vetted ie having a current clearance likely pushes you ahead. My 2 cents. I'm assuming there at least a few hundred of us waiting on PT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

Where did this info come from. Myself along with another 15 candidates have not heard anything since requesting an updated OF-306 like 3 weeks ago and a few being requested to submit a SF86 along with fingerprints.

Thanks
          From the same DUSM email address that has sent everything thus far. I'm a DOJ employee and was never contacted for anything background relared so I'm assuming I must have a good enough clearance. I interviewed day 2 of the first round.

Comment

From the same DUSM email address that has sent everything thus far. I'm a DOJ employee and was never contacted for anything background relared so I'm assuming I must have a good enough clearance. I interviewed day 2 of the first round.
            Gotcha....Yeah I interviewed the 2nd round and have an active secret with DHS, so maybe that's why I haven't received anything yet. Hey maybe yall are getting set for June course and rest of us will be in this supposedly August course. Heres to hoping. I contacted HR and they emailed me back saying im still in the application process.

Comment

Here is the e-mail I got yesterday.

"Good News! We have two upcoming Deputy US Marshal classes; the first begins June 7, 2017 and the second in August 2017. We see you are still active in the hiring process for Puerto Rico. We will begin making selections for the June Class in April 2017 and plan to hire five or six positions between the two classes for the District of Puerto Rico.
              If you receive instructions to complete updates for pre-employment requirements, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible. If you have a current Medical Exam on file, expect to be contacted soon to take a Fitness test. We are conducting the Fitness testing in advance of the June 2017 Basic Deputy Class. In case you are not contacted, we will conduct more Fitness testing in advance of the August 2017 Basic Deputy Class.

As a reminder, you must pass all four of the pre-employment requirements before you can be hired as a Deputy US Marshal. Please monitor your email and contact phones as we will be making final job offers during the month of April 2017."

My interview was in March of last year (Puerto Rico announcement) and everything completed carried over when I applied for the U.S. Locations announcement. I got called today and am taking the FIT Test next week.

I have no idea what the criteria is for who is getting calls for FIT Tests and who isn't. I can say for certain it isn't based on geographical location because I was called first by a Deputy Marshal in a Pacific NW office and I live in the Southeast. So he sent my stuff back to D.C., they re-assigned it to a more local office, and I was notified by a Deputy Marshal here within an hour of the first call. So, they are moving quickly on getting these tests scheduled and they are making accommodations by having the tests at an office near you instead of traveling for it.

Comment

• i was also 2nd or 3rd day of that first round, have not received said email. i think Matt_Laut is maybe the Chief Marshal and has *****canned me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post

Here is the e-mail I got yesterday.

"Good News! We have two upcoming Deputy US Marshal classes; the first begins June 7, 2017 and the second in August 2017. We see you are still active in the hiring process for Puerto Rico. We will begin making selections for the June Class in April 2017 and plan to hire five or six positions between the two classes for the District of Puerto Rico.
                  If you receive instructions to complete updates for pre-employment requirements, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible. If you have a current Medical Exam on file, expect to be contacted soon to take a Fitness test. We are conducting the Fitness testing in advance of the June 2017 Basic Deputy Class. In case you are not contacted, we will conduct more Fitness testing in advance of the August 2017 Basic Deputy Class.

As a reminder, you must pass all four of the pre-employment requirements before you can be hired as a Deputy US Marshal. Please monitor your email and contact phones as we will be making final job offers during the month of April 2017."

My interview was in March of last year (Puerto Rico announcement) and everything completed carried over when I applied for the U.S. Locations announcement. I got called today and am taking the FIT Test next week.

I have no idea what the criteria is for who is getting calls for FIT Tests and who isn't. I can say for certain it isn't based on geographical location because I was called first by a Deputy Marshal in a Pacific NW office and I live in the Southeast. So he sent my stuff back to D.C., they re-assigned it to a more local office, and I was notified by a Deputy Marshal here within an hour of the first call. So, they are moving quickly on getting these tests scheduled and they are making accommodations by having the tests at an office near you instead of traveling for it.
                  Are you a current 1811?

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

Are you a current 1811?
                    No, I'm prior military, prior local police, current analysis for DHS. The June/August classes may have some laterals in it but it is a chance at a fresh start for the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post

No, I'm prior military, prior local police, current analysis for DHS. The June/August classes may have some laterals in it but it is a chance at a fresh start for the rest of us.
                      Yeah very true. Im surprised I haven't been contacted yet. I hold a active year old clearance with DHS as well. However I did interview in the 2nd round in Dallas, Texas on the first week. Soooo that may be why.

Comment

• The email I received was identical minus the blurb about Puerto Rico and mine just said June 2017, not June 7th. I haven't been contacted yet to schedule the FIT... Have Gun - Will Travel if you wouldn't mind sharing any more academy info they give you during your test the rest of us would appreciate it. Good luck

Comment

• Good to hear you PR guys have some traction. Hope all get firm offers soon.

I really need to get to running again to be able to pass the PT test, whatever that may be,

Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
                          i was also 2nd or 3rd day of that first round, have not received said email. i think Matt_Laut is maybe the Chief Marshal and has *****canned me.
                          madmen.jpg

I genuinely lol'd when I read that
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Ya know how I know CopStrong is a pathetic little kid. Because he's still talking **** when I haven't paid him any attention in a hot minute. Grow up

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
                              Ya know how I know CopStrong is a pathetic little kid. Because he's still talking **** when I haven't paid him any attention in a hot minute. Grow up
                              butthurt is strong with you. i stand by my earlier statements, you're awesome candidate!

USMS can you please hurry up and post whatever announcement this guy qualifies for?! it's for the good of the force! better yet, let just ask the Pres directly if we can stop wasting everyone's time and just get this guy hired. Trump, please: make the Marshals great again!

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

butthurt is strong with you. i stand by my earlier statements, you're awesome candidate!

USMS can you please hurry up and post whatever announcement this guy qualifies for?! it's for the good of the force! better yet, let just ask the Pres directly if we can stop wasting everyone's time and just get this guy hired. Trump, please: make the Marshals great again!
                                it would be you're "an" awesome candidate use proper grammar, you're the one that told me you're a cop in a major metropolitan area you deal with the scum of the earth, yet you continue to talk **** to a stranger over the internet you're an awesome person. I'm so jealous just utterly envious of you. I'm glad that you think I'm an awesome candidate that's a true confidence booster. Really helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6445 users online. 417 members and 6028 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X