Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the doc, i still need my lab results.

Comment

• I don't know about you all but if this doesn't work out, the new Deportation Officer position that just opened in San Francisco, San Jose, Bakersfield, and Fresno sounds intriguing. Thats a guranteed **** show for the next 4 years... LOTSA ACTION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceptre6 View Post
        I don't know about you all but if this doesn't work out, the new Deportation Officer position that just opened in San Francisco, San Jose, Bakersfield, and Fresno sounds intriguing. Thats a guranteed **** show for the next 4 years... LOTSA ACTION!
        ICE only announcement. And if youre already ICE FLEO, not sure why you would want to leave for USMS, especially with all the potentially awesome changes coming to DHS and specifically ICE ERO/HSI
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• "guaranteed ****show for 4 years" hmm, that sounds....greeeeat, sign me up twice.

Comment

• Part 1 and part 2 medical complete. Lab results complete.

Comment

• Has anyone who was NOT contacted by background received notification that their clearance IS sufficient for the position? Considering I finished medical and UA 3+ months ago I'm assuming my current clearance is good for this job but not sure.

Comment

• I had a clearance until 2015, when I left govt. I updated eqip and have not heard anything since. But it's hard to say.

Comment

• Well I still haven't heard anything since my interview in October, but the Government Publishing Office called me up and gave me a TO a week after my interview. I've already started the process and have been assured that the job is mine pending a successful background and everything, so I guess that's the route I'm going for now. It's 0083 series and secret clearance with 13 weeks at FLETC. Plus 57k to start.
                  The marshals I work with say that I can cross-deck even if I'm mid FLETC, and take the marshal spot if offered. I wonder if they'll match the salary.
                  Anyone got any info on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by DG737 View Post
                    Well I still haven't heard anything since my interview in October, but the Government Publishing Office called me up and gave me a TO a week after my interview. I've already started the process and have been assured that the job is mine pending a successful background and everything, so I guess that's the route I'm going for now. It's 0083 series and secret clearance with 13 weeks at FLETC. Plus 57k to start.
                    The marshals I work with say that I can cross-deck even if I'm mid FLETC, and take the marshal spot if offered. I wonder if they'll match the salary.
                    Anyone got any info on that?
                    you would have to have held that pay position for 52 weeks for the government to be able to match it.

and I know a million people on here will say 'LOOK OUT FER URSELF BR0!' but I would personally feel very very bad taking a job they are guaranteeing me like they are for you, having them shell out FLETC money, and then bouncing before even hitting the field. it is why I have personally backed out of other FLEO applications when they call for the SAC interview or turning down the firm offer when they call for other jobs. just my 2cents on a soapbox though, so take it for what it is, which isn't much
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                      Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

Marshals are public trust no security clearance required.
                        Negative. Most possess a Secret unless you get in specific programs that require a TS.

Comment

• I dont believe public trust exists, as a clearance any way.

Comment

• Public trust clearance is what I currently have. However, Marshals are secret clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

you would have to have held that pay position for 52 weeks for the government to be able to match it.

and I know a million people on here will say 'LOOK OUT FER URSELF BR0!' but I would personally feel very very bad taking a job they are guaranteeing me like they are for you, having them shell out FLETC money, and then bouncing before even hitting the field. it is why I have personally backed out of other FLEO applications when they call for the SAC interview or turning down the firm offer when they call for other jobs. just my 2cents on a soapbox though, so take it for what it is, which isn't much
                              I feel the same way, to be honest. I don't think I would do them like that. Loyalty to agency that gives my a shot is more important than the novelty of saying I'm a marshal. Especially since they've moved along so smoothly and the marshals seem to be jerking us around quite a bit. Plus that pay though.

Comment

• It is an old style, they only do ssbi with certain tiers

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8172 users online. 215 members and 7957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X