Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

    i would really like to hear more about this 7-0 thing. someone mentioned it to me before, a DUSM actually, but he was sort of going from memory and it was a littlI cane confusing.
    The highest pay grade the USMS will offer you is GL-7/10. The USMS no longer match pay to 00 step. I can't talk for other federal agencies, but pretty much the 00 step pay match is no longer use in FLEAs.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
      MaxD,

      Is there any new information regarding hiring floating around?
      No new information to share.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

        The highest pay grade the USMS will offer you is GL-7/10. The USMS no longer match pay to 00 step. I can't talk for other federal agencies, but pretty much the 00 step pay match is no longer use in FLEAs.
        clear. thanks.

        Comment


        • I'm a GS9 step 1 with ICE currently. Wonder what I would be brought on to the USMS as. I'm guessing a GS7 step 8, but I could be totally wrong. Any insight would be great. I know I cant be paid any less. Thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
            I'm a GS9 step 1 with ICE currently. Wonder what I would be brought on to the USMS as. I'm guessing a GS7 step 8, but I could be totally wrong. Any insight would be great. I know I cant be paid any less. Thanks
            based on how i understand it, 7, step 8 seems right.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

              based on how i understand it, 7, step 8 seems right.
              Now if I make my GS11 step 1 when the USMS finally pick me up, then itd be a different story. Then im def losing out on about 8k. Now that would be truly a bummer at least for that time being.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

                Now if I make my GS11 step 1 when the USMS finally pick me up, then itd be a different story. Then im def losing out on about 8k. Now that would be truly a bummer at least for that time being.
                id be giving up almost exactly 2x that, and from what I gather, for some on here it's even more. There's definitely been a lot of freaking out and then figuring out how I could cut back here and there, pay this off, etc, to make up for the difference. First year would be rough, second would be ok, third (LEAP!) comfortable again.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

                  id be giving up almost exactly 2x that, and from what I gather, for some on here it's even more. There's definitely been a lot of freaking out and then figuring out how I could cut back here and there, pay this off, etc, to make up for the difference. First year would be rough, second would be ok, third (LEAP!) comfortable again.
                  Yeah I thought I seen few guys talking about being current GS12's and downgrading to the GS7. That's a huge thing, but totally worth it in the end game with LEAP especially.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
                    I'm a GS9 step 1 with ICE currently. Wonder what I would be brought on to the USMS as. I'm guessing a GS7 step 8, but I could be totally wrong. Any insight would be great. I know I cant be paid any less. Thanks
                    Are you a GL-9 or GS-9? There are two different pay scales. You will get the pay grade and step that matches your current pay, no higher than 7/10. You will not get LEAP the first two years as an 0082. When you convert into 1811 after two years, you will start receiving LEAP.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

                      Are you a GL-9 or GS-9? There are two different pay scales. You will get the pay grade and step that matches your current pay, no higher than 7/10. You will not get LEAP the first two years as an 0082. When you convert into 1811 after two years, you will start receiving LEAP.
                      Hey MaxD, I am currently a GS-9 step 1.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

                        Hey MaxD, I am currently a GS-9 step 1.
                        Ok. The other thing that will affect your pay grade and step will be the locality pay of the office you are offered. I dont think you will take a pay cut.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

                          Ok. The other thing that will affect your pay grade and step will be the locality pay of the office you are offered. I dont think you will take a pay cut.
                          I did select a nice spread over the United States, so hoping I get something I prefer off that "Wish- List" If not I'm still going to accept the first location offered so I don't miss this great opportunity. Id even take a GS7 step 1 if I had too... LOL

                          Comment


                          • It's all about perspective. Some people have different obligations, beliefs and decisions to make. But man one would really have to analyze what's most important in their lives to drop from a GS-13 w/leap at their current agency to a 7/10 w/no leap initially. That's a hefty pay cut no matter how you slice it and I don't envy that decision one bit.

                            Comment


                            • All valid points. Most people taking this job would be taking pay cut. I'm local le and with OT and extra jobs I would be taking a big pay cut initially. Coupled with the fact I have 7 month old twins and maybe having to move some where. Lot of factors to consider in accepting the Grade 7 pay. Ultimately long game is what you focus on and it would be worth it. But is it doable initially is the short term question for many.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
                                Hello all,

                                It’s taken me quite some time to chime in on this feed about the 2016 DUSM status candidate hiring announcement back from July due to having difficulties making an account and posting for some odd reason. I was originally offered a interview 1st round in DC, but due to investigating certain pertinent information I interviewed in September during the Second round instead. For me having interviewed in September and it seems every month is a new step in the process with this agency, which is a great turn around FYI...look at HSI and DEA, takes 2-5 years let alone just to be looked at it seems like unless your already an 1811, which I am not. It took me 8 months just to get a career started with the DoD Police in 2010 after I was fresh out the Navy for two years as an Operations Specialist (E-5). Took me 6 months just to clear backgrounds for a Secret clearance with ICE. It’s definitely by far been a journey for me as I am covered in tattoos from neck down to my hands. It’s a waiting game and to have the opportunity to get this far is incredible. Now I’m hoping for this supposedly academy date in June, simply because I put on my GS9 with ICE next month, so I’m only hoping the USMS will match my GS9 at their GS7 level maxed out when I’m hired on if that happens.

                                I didn’t put rest of the United States on my wish list. I selected only three locations in Florida, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, CA. Now when I spoke with HR back in August, concerning their tattoo policy I spoke with the head of HR (Chief) and she said they were interviewing the east coast candidates first aka if you selected regions on the East Coast. Now how accurate that is I have no idea, just what head of HR told me. However I do have contact with about 12 other candidates going through this process and we all keep each other up to date and we all are waiting on our fitness test, which is supposed to be scheduled within 90 days out from the FLETC date.

                                06/08/2016: Applied to the DUSM announcement
                                08/15/2016: Referral Letter (VRA/VEOA-95)
                                09/12/2016: Interviewed in Dallas, Texas (2nd Round due to missing first round because of investigating their tattoo policy)
                                10/25/216: Tentative Offer (Email)
                                11/01/2016: UA/Drug Test Completed
                                12/07/2016: Medical Completed.....Now awaiting call for Fitness Test.
                                (US NAVY) 5PT VET- Former FED LEO 5 Years- DOD Federal Police/BOP/ICE- BA in Criminal Justice, Masters in Progress
                                DHS MATT -- You and I are at exactly the same point. Mind keeping me posted when you are notified for the Fit test? Appreciate it.
                                Last edited by Recoil8; 02-06-2017, 07:23 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12050 users online. 482 members and 11568 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X