300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
    FYI... This has been posted on some of the other 1811 forums. One thing notable in the memo in regards to USMS is line "H" as the hiring freeze will include employment via "Recent Graduate Program" Not sure if that can be waived as well.

https://www.chcoc.gov/content/federa...reeze-guidance
    my interpretation is that H does not provide an option to exempt the recent graduate program from the freeze...(because it specifically mentions it in parenthesis).

however, R section 2 seems to provide leeway to hire DUSM's- "Protecting life and property" or however it was worded certainly pertains to DUSM's, and I wouldn't think if they got the go ahead to hire "100" DUSM's they would restrict which announcement they could be hired from...of course it's the government and that could 100% be the case. or maybe as long as the freeze is in effect they can't even post that announcement?

Comment

• Interviewed in JAN...heres to hoping
      Last edited by EOD_K9; 02-02-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• NO POLYS...they never have and do not currently utilize them.

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD_K9 View Post
          NO POLYS...they never have and do not currently utilize them.
          ah man. i beginning to feel pretty weird about this. i did think it was odd that the poly was given in a room at a Motel 6.

Comment

• Delete>>>>
            Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
              Ya, I don't think there is a poly I'm bored at work and have been searching the internet, I found an article as recently as last month saying how jacked up the Bored Patrol polygraph program is with like 65% failure rate and in the article it said the Marshals don't utilize the polygraph which they shouldn't since they're not effective or accurate.
              Only the best qualified for task force teams get poly. They will do the poly in a place that builds atmospheric tensions on you mentally and physically. I wouldn't stress about it to much, unless you have something to hide and they decide you should be on a task force.

Comment

• Also something to think about is the housing situation at FLETC. Considering the floods pooh poohed the Taj and many students have/are staying at hotels it will be interesting to see how that affects the 3 upcoming classes for 2017.

Unrelated to that, one of my colleagues whose with the agency currently waited 2 years from the time he got a T.O. until the time he got a report date. During that 2 year span he switched agencies and moved half way across the country before leaving them and joining the Marshals. Moral of the story is if you have another offer you should probably take it and not obsess on a final offer that may or may not happen.

Comment

• I was told in my email for the interview, that we are on track for a JUNE17 training date.

Comment

• Yea, if you already have a ssbi that will transfer over.

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                      Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
                        Yea, if you already have a ssbi that will transfer over.
                        Maybe that's why I haven't received a call from backgrounds to have that completed. I do have a current active SSBI with Department of Homeland Security/ICE as of February 2016.....However I was told that USMS redo all their backgrounds on all their candidates. Could also be going off my SSBI with Bureau of Prisons when I was a C.O in California, but that again was in 2013.

Comment

• I have asked this before, however no one responded and I can't get a solid answer. So if take this huge pay cut from a 12, will I go from 7-10 to 9-10, 11-10 or step to match previous highest rate.

Comment

• 7 to 9, 9 to 11, 11 to 12, i believe you are at step 1

Comment

• If you are a government employee, they will match you up to a 7, step 10. They can, but do not have to, make you a GL-07 and zero out the scale so you retain your full pay. You will just not get a raise for a while. Again, that is completely their option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
                                If you are a government employee, they will match you up to a 7, step 10. They can, but do not have to, make you a GL-07 and zero out the scale so you retain your full pay. You will just not get a raise for a while. Again, that is completely their option.
                                i would really like to hear more about this 7-0 thing. someone mentioned it to me before, a DUSM actually, but he was sort of going from memory and it was a little confusing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8079 users online. 228 members and 7851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X