Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone know if these TO's were sent out via mail or email? I am currently on deployment and can't exactly check my mail.
    "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

    Coach Woody Hayes

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bocktagon View Post
      Does anyone know if these TO's were sent out via mail or email? I am currently on deployment and can't exactly check my mail.
      Email

      Comment


      • Has anybody gotten a "sorry, better luck next time!" Email? Or do they not inform us that we HAVEN'T been selected?
        Just wondering if they let you know either way.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DG737 View Post
          Has anybody gotten a "sorry, better luck next time!" Email? Or do they not inform us that we HAVEN'T been selected?
          Just wondering if they let you know either way.
          If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but to make it to the interview we have to be qualified for the position. After the interview were placed by HR into Best qualified and Qualified categories. In effect they notify the Best Qualified with TOs. The rest of us stay on the Qualified list until they need a replacement. According to past hiring threads and what I've been told. They don't tell you. Obviously people with TOs were placed into the Best Qualified spots.

          sucks but is the nature of the beast. Why veteran applicants will tell you to forget you ever applied until you are given an Academy date. Nothing is written in stone.

          Someone correct me if I'm wrong here....
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

          10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

          Comment


          • ^makes logical sense. I would also consider the idea that your resume and assessment score get you to the interview stage and its your interview score that determines if you get a TO or not. I know that's how several agencies do it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post

              If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but to make it to the interview we have to be qualified for the position. After the interview were placed by HR into Best qualified and Qualified categories. In effect they notify the Best Qualified with TOs. The rest of us stay on the Qualified list until they need a replacement. According to past hiring threads and what I've been told. They don't tell you. Obviously people with TOs were placed into the Best Qualified spots.

              sucks but is the nature of the beast. Why veteran applicants will tell you to forget you ever applied until you are given an Academy date. Nothing is written in stone.

              Someone correct me if I'm wrong here....
              That makes sense I suppose. I interviewed in October, but haven't heard anything since. I know it's a long process and I might not hear for a year or more. It's just that I may take an offer from another agency in the meantime and would hate to miss an opportunity, if I were already in FLETC for something else. But you know how it goes. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. So I'll definitely take a job offer over a long shot maybe for now.
              I was G 2/4 in Ramadi 04' btw. Semper Fi.
              Last edited by DG737; 01-23-2017, 12:38 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

                Just be patient and give it some time. I'm sure you will get a TO and move on through the process. Its been crickets on my end as well and I'm still waiting to hear if I cleared medical along with others. Its a long process and hella of a waiting game brotha !
                Thanks, Matt. Patience isn't a virtue, despite what all these parables say... Good luck and I hope you get your academy date soon. Saw the USMs while I was there and it looks like a fun. Essentially, getting paid to workout. Can't go wrong.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DG737 View Post

                  That makes sense I suppose. I interviewed in October, but haven't heard anything since. I know it's a long process and I might not hear for a year or more. It's just that I may take an offer from another agency in the meantime and would hate to miss an opportunity, if I were already in FLETC for something else. But you know how it goes. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. So I'll definitely take a job offer over a long shot maybe for now.
                  I was G 2/4 in Ramadi 04' btw. Semper Fi.
                  I'm thinking that's what I have to do too. I got referred for GS-9 with the Border Patrol, which shouldn't be too bad. I like hiking and moving through rough terrain, plus finding people committing crimes is a passion of mine. Either job for me has a progression within each career and they're both federal to boot.

                  Comment


                  • I see that Trump just signed an executive order freezing federal govt hiring. I imagine this will affect the process for all of us.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BeodV15 View Post
                      I see that Trump just signed an executive order freezing federal govt hiring. I imagine this will affect the process for all of us.
                      Doutbful those rarely affect public safety positions

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BeodV15 View Post
                        I see that Trump just signed an executive order freezing federal govt hiring. I imagine this will affect the process for all of us.
                        "The plan excludes the “military, public safety, and public health.” quoted from the Washington Post

                        Comment


                        • This may help, with the bi, opm may not be as busy!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sdle75 View Post

                            "The plan excludes the “military, public safety, and public health.” quoted from the Washington Post
                            There are a considerable number of outlets reporting contradictory information. Some are reporting the only exemption is the military and others are saying national security positions. All of them seem to be conflating campaign promises (exemptions for military, public safety, and public health) with the actual executive order. I just checked Whitehouse.gov and they have not posted a copy of the executive order yet to read firsthand who will be exempted. I know for me like many of you this is a huge deal because we have competing offers and certainly don't want to sit on a list for four years vis-à-vis 2012. We shall see gents.

                            Comment


                            • Regardless of how the hiring will be effected by the new administration this position should be viewed as a promotion. A wise man once told me when it comes to the feds nothing is certain until you are given an E.O.D.; for those of you who have been given an opportunity to get in with a different LE agency take it. Stop the age clock and start building your federal resume. The odds of anyone of us getting hired on for the June academy is very slim. We are competing against many other well qualified applicants for 40 spots tops. Don't be discouraged just continue to better yourselves in any possible way; whether it be school, fitness, or work. I wish you all the best in this process and I am deeply humbled to even be considered amongst you all for DUSM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by manny1921 View Post
                                Regardless of how the hiring will be effected by the new administration this position should be viewed as a promotion. A wise man once told me when it comes to the feds nothing is certain until you are given an E.O.D.; for those of you who have been given an opportunity to get in with a different LE agency take it. Stop the age clock and start building your federal resume. The odds of anyone of us getting hired on for the June academy is very slim. We are competing against many other well qualified applicants for 40 spots tops. Don't be discouraged just continue to better yourselves in any possible way; whether it be school, fitness, or work. I wish you all the best in this process and I am deeply humbled to even be considered amongst you all for DUSM.
                                Great attitude to have brother. I will add that MANY of the applicants (at least the ones I met at my interview) are coming from other federal L.E. agencies, moreover many of them are willing to take significant pay/grade cuts for the opportunifty, so I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a promotion. Though I do agree for many not coming from legit agencies it probably is.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9112 users online. 364 members and 8748 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X