300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy on the site.

I interviewed back in October or November for this announcement in Atlanta and had been waiting to hear back. Impatience got the better of me and I emailed them and they said that people were placed in a Best Qualified or Qualified category and only those in Best Qualified would receive an offer letter.

I was put in Qualified. So does this mean I have to wait a certain amount of time in order to apply again? Or will I be put on the back burner until they run out of Best Qualified candidates? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chico813 View Post
      New guy on the site.

I interviewed back in October or November for this announcement in Atlanta and had been waiting to hear back. Impatience got the better of me and I emailed them and they said that people were placed in a Best Qualified or Qualified category and only those in Best Qualified would receive an offer letter.

I was put in Qualified. So does this mean I have to wait a certain amount of time in order to apply again? Or will I be put on the back burner until they run out of Best Qualified candidates? Thanks.
      You cant be saying these things certain people on here, are set to burn this mother down!!

Comment

New guy on the site.

All agencies hire based on whether or not you are considered Best Qualified and or Qualified. BQ'd candidates will always get farther along, however Marshals might take Qualified category next. Just speculation with seeing how this process is working. I forsee a lot of candidates turning down offers to places not on their wish list. Best of luck bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
          DHSMatt- thanks for the reply. i almost wish there was a spelled out policy, otherwise i feel like it's at the whim of someone deciding on a certain day what they think.

I don't mean to be discouraging to you, i just can't see a DUSM working court duty with "job stoppers" and neck tats. my friend, a current DUSM, said "basically, nothing visible when you're wearing a suit," which i thought seemed pretty reasonable.

anyway- not to turn this into a tattoo discussion...good luck man.
          Yeah I have a feeling ill be doing JPATS or something in the lines of that nature. Which is perfectly fine with me. I was a former C.O with the Bureau of Prisons and I think in my interview they loved that about me, not to mention I'm still pursuing my Masters Degree once and if I make it through FLETC. If I didn't pass my interview then id suspect my ink had everything to do with it. But I got my TO a month later and been killing the process since then. Plus I've talked to DUSM at two different regions whom where recruiters and they have guys that have neck tats as well, just a fyi. And the director at HR, Washington D.C herself told me that hand, neck tattoos have no effect on anyone being hired. I was definitely put into contact with exactly the right people before I even interviewed in Dallas. See yeah at the academy buddy! It's all about smoking that interview and showing the initiative to travel for hopes and dreams and one badass career......

Comment

• Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post

All agencies hire based on whether or not you are considered Best Qualified and or Qualified. BQ'd candidates will always get farther along, however Marshals might take Qualified category next. Just speculation with seeing how this process is working. I forsee a lot of candidates turning down offers to places not on their wish list. Best of luck bud.
            Thanks, man. It was a hell of a drive to Atlanta (13 hours there and back) for the interview. So hopefully they'll trip over my file at some point.

Appreciate the feedback

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post

You cant be saying these things certain people on here, are set to burn this mother down!!
              Dude... I'm literally the worst person when it comes to patience at anything. Waiting makes me eat... and then I have to do physical assessments. The two don't go well together.

Comment

Thanks, man. It was a hell of a drive to Atlanta (13 hours there and back) for the interview. So hopefully they'll trip over my file at some point.

Appreciate the feedback
                Just remember they also know that you traveled for your interview. I had to fly last minute while I was on leave and be there on a Monday after them notifying me within only 3 days. Needless to say my flight was not cheap at all. I do wish the best of luck and lets hope you can get a TO, then be on your way like the rest of a lot of us. Least you have a lot of us in this forum to guide you and let you know what your next step in the process is. Again good luck and we are all here for you bud.

Comment

• Does anyone know the interview length in Arlington (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour)? Flying out and trying to determine return travel. Any information would be great, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rd1987 View Post
                    Does anyone know the interview length in Arlington (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour)? Flying out and trying to determine return travel. Any information would be great, thank you.
                    Can't really discuss specifically how long the interview was but if you give yourself a 3 hour cushion from scheduled interview to board time at DCA you will be fine, I wouldn't go under 2 hours though. Crystal City Station is 2 blocks from HQ and the airport is like the next stop down on the metro from there, just make sure you get on the right train. GL

Comment

New guy on the site.

Who did you reach out to? Multiple people, including me have emailed the recruitment email with zero success in a response.

Comment

New guy on the site.

May call too , what's the number

Comment

• Everyone is really stressing themselves out for no reason. My TO said they would be hiring off this list through at least 2018. It also said even those with a TO should expect to spend 6-8 months in processing. This is all going to take time. The more we bother them, the longer it will take.

Comment

• I just had the interview last week. Really wish there was feedback or someway to let you know what category they were placing you in without calling/emailing them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions90 View Post

Who did you reach out to? Multiple people, including me have emailed the recruitment email with zero success in a response.
                              I reached out to the unit that scheduled my interview via email. Had a back and forth with them for a few minutes. They told me I was placed in Qualified... I asked what I had written above and I haven't heard back.

Comment

I reached out to the unit that scheduled my interview via email. Had a back and forth with them for a few minutes. They told me I was placed in Qualified... I asked what I had written above and I haven't heard back.
                                Just be patient and give it some time. I'm sure you will get a TO and move on through the process. Its been crickets on my end as well and I'm still waiting to hear if I cleared medical along with others. Its a long process and hella of a waiting game brotha !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9531 users online. 482 members and 9049 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X