Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello all,

    It’s taken me quite some time to chime in on this feed about the 2016 DUSM status candidate hiring announcement back from July due to having difficulties making an account and posting for some odd reason. I was originally offered a interview 1st round in DC, but due to investigating certain pertinent information I interviewed in September during the Second round instead. For me having interviewed in September and it seems every month is a new step in the process with this agency, which is a great turn around FYI...look at HSI and DEA, takes 2-5 years let alone just to be looked at it seems like unless your already an 1811, which I am not. It took me 8 months just to get a career started with the DoD Police in 2010 after I was fresh out the Navy for two years as an Operations Specialist (E-5). Took me 6 months just to clear backgrounds for a Secret clearance with ICE. It’s definitely by far been a journey for me as I am covered in tattoos from neck down to my hands. It’s a waiting game and to have the opportunity to get this far is incredible. Now I’m hoping for this supposedly academy date in June, simply because I put on my GS9 with ICE next month, so I’m only hoping the USMS will match my GS9 at their GS7 level maxed out when I’m hired on if that happens.

    I didn’t put rest of the United States on my wish list. I selected only three locations in Florida, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, CA. Now when I spoke with HR back in August, concerning their tattoo policy I spoke with the head of HR (Chief) and she said they were interviewing the east coast candidates first aka if you selected regions on the East Coast. Now how accurate that is I have no idea, just what head of HR told me. However I do have contact with about 12 other candidates going through this process and we all keep each other up to date and we all are waiting on our fitness test, which is supposed to be scheduled within 90 days out from the FLETC date.

    06/08/2016: Applied to the DUSM announcement
    08/15/2016: Referral Letter (VRA/VEOA-95)
    09/12/2016: Interviewed in Dallas, Texas (2nd Round due to missing first round because of investigating their tattoo policy)
    10/25/216: Tentative Offer (Email)
    11/01/2016: UA/Drug Test Completed
    12/07/2016: Medical Completed.....Now awaiting call for Fitness Test.
    (US NAVY) 5PT VET- Former FED LEO 5 Years- DOD Federal Police/BOP/ICE- BA in Criminal Justice, Masters in Progress

    Comment


    • People that have completed the medical how was it? Anyone have issues with the va comp?

      Comment


      • DHSMatt- i have asked a friend the tattoo policy, but he was unaware of something official- what were you told?

        Galeo21- medical is the same every-other-year you would normally do with your current agency.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
          DHSMatt- i have asked a friend the tattoo policy, but he was unaware of something official- what were you told?

          Galeo21- medical is the same every-other-year you would normally do with your current agency.
          There is no tattoo policy with USMS. I have already interviewed and in the end of the hiring process. Im waiting now only on my Fitness test. And when I say im covered in Tattoos, im covered on my neck, throat, side of my neck and both hands. Im assuming I smoked my interview in which nothing I could hide because my ink is very colorful. However this agency knows what they want.

          Comment


          • DHSMatt- thanks for the reply. i almost wish there was a spelled out policy, otherwise i feel like it's at the whim of someone deciding on a certain day what they think.

            I don't mean to be discouraging to you, i just can't see a DUSM working court duty with "job stoppers" and neck tats. my friend, a current DUSM, said "basically, nothing visible when you're wearing a suit," which i thought seemed pretty reasonable.

            anyway- not to turn this into a tattoo discussion...good luck man.

            Comment


            • Does anyone know of anyone in the process or themselves that interviewed and have a BA other than Criminal Justice but have a Masters in CJ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                Does anyone know of anyone in the process or themselves that interviewed and have a BA other than Criminal Justice but have a Masters in CJ?
                please let the rest of us know when you figure out the secret formula.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                  Does anyone know of anyone in the process or themselves that interviewed and have a BA other than Criminal Justice but have a Masters in CJ?
                  I have a BA in underwater basket weaving and an MS in criminology. Honestly it doesn't mean a thing when it comes to being a Marshal. Moreover, it's been my experience that it means little in federal law enforcement in general so i wouldn't get too wrapped up in what degrees you or others have. Good luck.

                  Comment


                  • Absolutely right La_Bamba. A lot of folks go for the CJ degree thinking it will help get them in the door. A degree is a degree. An expensive piece of paper...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post

                      I have a BA in underwater basket weaving and an MS in criminology. Honestly it doesn't mean a thing when it comes to being a Marshal. Moreover, it's been my experience that it means little in federal law enforcement in general so i wouldn't get too wrapped up in what degrees you or others have. Good luck.
                      Apparently it does matter. I asked because a friend of mine has a BA and a Master in information system and have law enforcement experience and scored a 93 on the assessment. They did not continue on in the process. Another buddy of mine got a 93 on the assessment, he has a BA in CJ and the same experience as my other buddy. He just finished his interview! Both are 10pt vets.
                      Last edited by Njw85; 01-17-2017, 04:34 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Hi everyone! I haven't posted in here before but have been reading diligently hoping for some info. I applied back in June, interviewed in August and received a tentative offer a week later. I have since submitted the background equip, met with the investigator, and completed both my drug test and medical. I see people talking about their scores on assessments. Am I missing something here? What Assessment are you talking about and how did you find out your score?

                        Also, any other ladies on here going through the process?

                        Good of luck to everyone and thanks, all!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Outsider2170 View Post
                          Hi everyone! I haven't posted in here before but have been reading diligently hoping for some info. I applied back in June, interviewed in August and received a tentative offer a week later. I have since submitted the background equip, met with the investigator, and completed both my drug test and medical. I see people talking about their scores on assessments. Am I missing something here? What Assessment are you talking about and how did you find out your score?

                          Also, any other ladies on here going through the process?

                          Good of luck to everyone and thanks, all!
                          The first email you recieve after applying to the USMS and completing the questionnaire has a spot that says Rating:##
                          USMS timeline
                          Applied:June 2016
                          Rating 99
                          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

                          10 pt Vet
                          Fed LEO (6 years)
                          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

                            Apparently it does matter. I asked because a friend of mine has a BA and a Master in information system and have law enforcement experience and scored a 93 on the assessment. They did not continue on in the process. Another buddy of mine got a 93 on the assessment, he has a BA in CJ and the same experience as my other buddy. He just finished his interview! Both are 10pt vets.
                            I do remember it sayingredients if claiming education that they prefer it to be in CJ/Criminology etc. Maybe I'm wring but I swear it said that.

                            I can also say the FBI defenitly cares what your degree is in.
                            USMS timeline
                            Applied:June 2016
                            Rating 99
                            Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

                            10 pt Vet
                            Fed LEO (6 years)
                            USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                            Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

                              Apparently it does matter. I asked because a friend of mine has a BA and a Master in information system and have law enforcement experience and scored a 93 on the assessment. They did not continue on in the process. Another buddy of mine got a 93 on the assessment, he has a BA in CJ and the same experience as my other buddy. He just finished his interview! Both are 10pt vets.
                              Straight from the US MARSHALS announcement from June that we applied to

                              "Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-7 (OR GS-07) grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree related to a field in law enforcement or other related fields such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc. that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work, and meet ONE of the following:"

                              USMS timeline
                              Applied:June 2016
                              Rating 99
                              Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

                              10 pt Vet
                              Fed LEO (6 years)
                              USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                              Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post

                                Straight from the US MARSHALS announcement from June that we applied to

                                "Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-7 (OR GS-07) grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree related to a field in law enforcement or other related fields such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc. that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work, and meet ONE of the following:"
                                Yeah I that from OPM the other day. So it looks like any other degrees wont comsider you qaulified from what I got. So that explains why my buddy didnt make it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6118 users online. 317 members and 5801 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X