Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the wishlist has something to do with who received a T.O. I interviewed in October and received a T.O. right after Christmas.

My friend has very similar qualifications and interviewed a couple days after I did; he hasn't heard back yet.

I think I did very well on the interview, but I am not arrogant enough to think I was so spectacular that I am hands down better than all of you whom have yet to receive your T.O.

My friend had positions in and around New Jersey, where I was near and around D.C. With over 100 staff members assigned to the D.C. area, it is safe to say the District of Columbia has a greater need for human capital than the District of New Jersey.

I know many of you will say, "I put anywhere, " on my wishlist, but this is not the same a listing D.C. as a first choice. I have a lot of experience managing human resources. When it comes down to actually moving an individual or their whole family, the enthusiasm often fades once the reality of the situations sets it. Therefore, they would consider you after those on the wishlist have been exhausted, but may not necessarily look to you as a prime candidate. On a similar note, they may keep your name on hold to ensure they hire the best applicant possible for their hard to fill positions.

I think it is important to step back and take a benevolent perspective of the situation. Be positive and be humble. If you do everything you can to develop yourself as an individual and maintain your character, you cannot lose -- even if you do not get hired.

Comment

• Submitted eqip. Sit and wait now. Will keep everyone updated.

Comment

• Rhett did they set up your medical yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

Thanks to bad it didn't apply to all federal employees, than I'd qualify Fed Bureau of Prisons here.
          A government announcement, aka a status candidate announcement, does cover federal bureau of prisons employees unless you are specifically an excepted service employee
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Delete>>>>
            Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• I thought the very same thing , it's the waiting that's killing me .

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
                Rhett did they set up your medical yet?

No, you?

Comment

• Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post

No, you?
                  Nope, didnt have to do my eqiup, due to one that is currently being done.

Comment

• General question, if you interviewed in October and haven't received a TO would it be slim to receive one now?

Comment

• Just wrapped interview, couldn't gather much intel. I can say it was like a revolving door of applicants coming through for interviews though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvsaint View Post
                        General question, if you interviewed in October and haven't received a TO would it be slim to receive one now?
                        No, not at all. HQ just moved into a new building so just imagine all that paper filing and general paperwork. Also the USMS doesn't even know their budget/spending for this upcoming financial quarter. Also with Trump coming into office. I'm betting we won't hear anything for another 2 or 3 months. So depending on how you did in the interview and all that good stuff it's still really likely if you did good. Plus remember how the 2012 announcement went, guys were getting their T.O. 2-3 years after they interviewed. This discussion about location has very little to do with getting a T.O., the "wish list" was exactly a WISH list. The USMS doesn't care if you want to be in city "A". If they offer you a job there and you say no, because you want to be in city "B". Well the person right behind you is more then willing to take that job. I listed every where in the US, I was told by a individual that help conduct the 2012 hiring, that was the best thing to put down. It shows dedication to the job. Not counting those lucky few in August that received there T.O. I would more then willing to bet that no one has received a T.O.s yet. Now I'm not sure about this part but if you look at the history, this pathways announcement won't come out till the tentative offers from this last announcement has been given out. (Just looking at the tracking of history if you have kept up to date with everything.) good luck everyone, and don't read into the trolls!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post

No, not at all. HQ just moved into a new building so just imagine all that paper filing and general paperwork. Also the USMS doesn't even know their budget/spending for this upcoming financial quarter. Also with Trump coming into office. I'm betting we won't hear anything for another 2 or 3 months. So depending on how you did in the interview and all that good stuff it's still really likely if you did good. Plus remember how the 2012 announcement went, guys were getting their T.O. 2-3 years after they interviewed. This discussion about location has very little to do with getting a T.O., the "wish list" was exactly a WISH list. The USMS doesn't care if you want to be in city "A". If they offer you a job there and you say no, because you want to be in city "B". Well the person right behind you is more then willing to take that job. I listed every where in the US, I was told by a individual that help conduct the 2012 hiring, that was the best thing to put down. It shows dedication to the job. Not counting those lucky few in August that received there T.O. I would more then willing to bet that no one has received a T.O.s yet. Now I'm not sure about this part but if you look at the history, this pathways announcement won't come out till the tentative offers from this last announcement has been given out. (Just looking at the tracking of history if you have kept up to date with everything.) good luck everyone, and don't read into the trolls!
                          USMC85 what agency do you work for ?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post

At least on this forum there are a handful of us that already have our TO's for October. However I agree with the assessment that the move is slowing things down for those who have not received them yet. According to the TO's for those of us that received our letters at the end of December, we will be scheduled for our physicals by the end of this month. That will be a good indicator of how effective their time lines are. Every agency that I have seen on different forums have yet to maintain their own established timelines.

Comment

• FINALLY got my interview scheduled! Been waiting since Aug, I'll be in Arlington the 24th. On a side note it would be nice to visit DC again, even if it is winter.

Comment

• Good luck davidjbar! I have my interview on the 27th in Arlington aswell. Im pretty stoked to go never been out to DC before.

Whats going on gents I am new to the forum, a little about me I'm a Marine Vet, currently working for BOP, have been referred for DUSM through the VRA.

I only selected region 7 southwest region for my wish list hopefully it doesn't hinder my chances of getting a TO.

Nonetheless I am very excited to be given a chance for an interview, whish you all the best of luck during this process!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7022 users online. 362 members and 6660 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X