Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TO is contingent on passing a background check and medical exam. Then, prior to going to the training, you must pass the fitness exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedsarehere View Post
      The announcement in 2016 was for Us locations and if you check who may apply it states " Status Candidates" now if you are referring to the last announcement in 2012 that one was different.
      I'm not talking about DEU or MP hiring authorities. I'm saying we all got a "wish list" that had different regions we could express interest in, but otherwise the hiring is all being done on a national level, not by individual region.

Comment

• Has anyone who interviewed in ATL in Oct gotten a TO as of yet ? Can the guys who received their TO's post your interview dates and locations?

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
          Does anyone have any news about those of us who have done medical and UA and are waiting for our FIT tests?
          That's what I am saying zero will !!! Same boat as you Waiting for fit call !
          Get us done and worry about the rest later lol! Jk

Comment

• Originally posted by Didibounce View Post
            Has anyone who interviewed in ATL in Oct gotten a TO as of yet ? Can the guys who received their TO's post your interview dates and locations?
            No I haven't yet, no word. But that's the norm with the several processes I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Didibounce View Post
              Has anyone who interviewed in ATL in Oct gotten a TO as of yet ? Can the guys who received their TO's post your interview dates and locations?
              They said Sacramento during the 3 week span the group of DC/GA/CA interviews happened
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post

I'm not talking about DEU or MP hiring authorities. I'm saying we all got a "wish list" that had different regions we could express interest in, but otherwise the hiring is all being done on a national level, not by individual region.
                You said this is a nationwide announcement "nationwide"' refers to everyone which means anyone such as Us Citizens (which this is not). Once you interview and fill out that Wish list depending if you pass or not you will be referred according to your wish list. If every location you put on your list does not have an opening or vacancy available then it will be a long waiting period until a vacancy becomes available. It is the same process with every agency within the department of justice some locations have more vacancies available then others.

Comment

• Does being a FED LEO mean anything in the process?

Comment

• Does anyone have or know the medical standards policy for the DUSM position? I looked online but didn't find much. I found the medical standards for the Special US Marshal Court Officers but I didn't find anything for DUSMs.

Comment

• I know you need 20/20 binocular vision and have a minimum of 20/40 Near-sighted vision.

You will have to pass an Ishihara or similar color vision exam and do a complete physical.

Hearing must test at 30 decibels (dB) or better in each ear at 500, 1000, and 2000 hertz (Hz) and 40 dB or better at 3000 Hz.

The only thing I am not sure of is how they test your depth perception.

​​​​​Does anyone know the type of test they use to test depth perception?

Comment

• I tried to read all 137 pages, but my brain began to cry. Just so I am on the same page, there has not been a "nationwide announcement" yet? I applied to the 2012 announcement but, was not considered. Besides the PR DUSM announcement and the PATH announcement, is the water cooler talk a nationwide announcement in the near future? I remember from the 2012 announcement, you had to submit your application at the stroke of midnight, the day the application processes was opened, or you would be locked out by 4 am. I am hoping to avoid that. Thanks again.

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                          Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedsarehere View Post

You said this is a nationwide announcement "nationwide"' refers to everyone which means anyone such as Us Citizens (which this is not). Once you interview and fill out that Wish list depending if you pass or not you will be referred according to your wish list. If every location you put on your list does not have an opening or vacancy available then it will be a long waiting period until a vacancy becomes available. It is the same process with every agency within the department of justice some locations have more vacancies available then others.
                            No I meant nationwide as in not applying to a specific region as was done in the FCIP days. I know that 2012 was DEU and 2016 has only been MP so far for PR & nationwide, that's what I meant when I said hiring authorities. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by campuscop2000 View Post
                              I tried to read all 137 pages, but my brain began to cry. Just so I am on the same page, there has not been a "nationwide announcement" yet? I applied to the 2012 announcement but, was not considered. Besides the PR DUSM announcement and the PATH announcement, is the water cooler talk a nationwide announcement in the near future? I remember from the 2012 announcement, you had to submit your application at the stroke of midnight, the day the application processes was opened, or you would be locked out by 4 am. I am hoping to avoid that. Thanks again.
                              After PR, there was a nationwide Merit Promotion announcement (meaning only certain vets & certain current/prior feds could apply). It sounds like you missed that, it was over the summer.

Comment

• Yes. That announcement closed on June 8, 2016.

Does anyone know the type of test they use to test depth perception?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8497 users online. 481 members and 8016 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X