300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
    I think the recent grad announcement is going to end up very competitive. I know several people applying, including myself, that have over 10+ years as a LEO. I was fortunate enough to get my second Masters in time for this announcement.
    I have a similar education and over six years of experience so I know I'm good. If the USMS is doing thing like the last announcement it will be going off assesment scores. So of course score high on the assessment if there will be one. I just want to be referred and get an interview. I believe thats the hard part, getting your referred. Have any of you recently talked to a recruiter?

Comment

• Does anyone know if the Marshals takes your bodyfat during the FIT test? If so, what happens if your bodyfat % is too high? Would you fail the FIT even if you passed all the other exercises?

Comment

• Is the US Marshal now GS-13 like the other fed agencies or still lacking behind ?

What is the new hire day-to-day duties look like ? Are you required to start in the courthouses, asset forfeit., etc. or are you able to select a specific function your interested in - i.e. fugitive apprehension ?

Comment

• Originally posted by VETTE277 View Post
          Is the US Marshal now GS-13 like the other fed agencies or still lacking behind ?

What is the new hire day-to-day duties look like ? Are you required to start in the courthouses, asset forfeit., etc. or are you able to select a specific function your interested in - i.e. fugitive apprehension ?
          Here is a link for their compensation. I can't speak for the job duties.

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/compensation.html

Comment

• Deleted.....
            Last edited by TXFED; 12-23-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXFED View Post

Yes they will measure body fat. Its not a deal breaker. Just make sure you're in the at least good section. They will send you home if you fail the PT test day one. I had an Issue with the sit and reach, coming off a back injury for my FIT but the guys were more than helpful and help stretch my back out so I passed. Also I should say Im a qualified FLETC IUF, Use of force and Firearms Instructor. If you guys have any questions.
              I thought they didn't measure body fat on the last FIT test? Just want to verify this or not.

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
                  Any more news on the Recent Graduates Announcement?
                  Nothing yet. Maybe it's about time we make a 2017 thread. What does everyone else think?

Comment

• I'd rather leave this where it is....I don't want to be fishing around for post on seperate threads. Alot of people don't read before posting.
                    USMS timeline
                    Applied:June 2016
                    Rating 99
                    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                    Fed LEO (6 years)
                    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• T.O. received.

Comment

• Yes. Check your inboxes. I received my TO yesterday. Good luck.

Comment

• When did you two interview?

Comment

• Great news folks! Keep us posted.

Comment

• Awesome what date did you guys interview

Comment

• Interview was done Oct 24th. Letter advises process can take 6-8 months, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5020 users online. 242 members and 4778 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X