Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

    Spartan,

    If you interviewed there is no reason for you to apply again. It defeats the purpose, your already in the process.

    Matt as far as I known its moved back till Jan 2017 but it may not be till Feb. The other announcment have not finished interviews yet. The good is there are alot of people that are no longer qualified for the recent grad due to the two year graduation period.
    Some agencies it puts on you a completely different list under a seperate announcement for vacancies. I will be applying to this one aswell.

    Also the 2 year deadline can be extended to 6 years with active duty time. (If I interpreted it correctly)
    USMS timeline
    Applied:June 2016
    Rating 99
    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

    10 pt Vet
    Fed LEO (6 years)
    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

      Have you heard anymore more about when that is gunna drop? Still pushed back to January?
      Unfortunately I know nothing about a firm date for the recent grads, I'm just checking every day for it. Best of luck and I will post here when I see it.
      USMS timeline
      Applied:June 2016
      Rating 99
      Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

      10 pt Vet
      Fed LEO (6 years)
      USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
      Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post

        Some agencies it puts on you a completely different list under a seperate announcement for vacancies. I will be applying to this one aswell.

        Also the 2 year deadline can be extended to 6 years with active duty time. (If I interpreted it correctly)
        I'm not really sure how the active duty thing works, I know its complicated. Someone explained it before. I think it may be when you graduated and got deployed. If you graduated and did not get deployed, I dont think you would qualify for the six years. I could be wrong though. Well at the end of the day it cant hurt you to apply but you interviewed already I would ask the USMS if you should apply. If you received a TO, I think it's pointless to apply again.

        Comment


        • Why would you tell anyone not to apply? Apply bro!! And FYI anyone who has a few hundred posts on here has nothing to do, or is just feeding people B.S and filling up this forum with nonsense... It's a long process, and we ALL will be notified when they get around to it. Its just that simple! I was told from someone who speaks to the USMS HQ daily that they are in the middle of a massive move to a new building. So that could be one of the many reasons things are moving slow. BUT still just live in the gym and wait. People are asking questions that if you just do a little looking can easily be found. Best of luck to everyone! And just like in the Marines, hurry up to wait and stand by to stand by!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
            Why would you tell anyone not to apply? Apply bro!! And FYI anyone who has a few hundred posts on here has nothing to do, or is just feeding people B.S and filling up this forum with nonsense... It's a long process, and we ALL will be notified when they get around to it. Its just that simple! I was told from someone who speaks to the USMS HQ daily that they are in the middle of a massive move to a new building. So that could be one of the many reasons things are moving slow. BUT still just live in the gym and wait. People are asking questions that if you just do a little looking can easily be found. Best of luck to everyone! And just like in the Marines, hurry up to wait and stand by to stand by!
            USMC,

            Let me just say it this way, I did not disrespect you in any kind of way and I would ask if you could do the same. Were all shooting for the same goal. I've been on this forum for over six years which explains the couple hundred post. Instead of bashing, lets continue to try and help one another.

            Comment


            • Best way to prepare for the interview?

              Can someone PM me. please!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                Best way to prepare for the interview?

                Can someone PM me. please!
                Google STAR method / Behavioral Interview Questions

                https://careerservices.wayne.edu/beh...erviewinfo.pdf
                Last edited by MaxD1207; 12-20-2016, 09:57 AM.

                Comment


                • Max,

                  Anything new about the Recent Grad announcement.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                    Max,

                    Anything new about the Recent Grad announcement.
                    No

                    Comment


                    • In reference to the Recent Grad announcement, I am hearing that it will post in Jan. 2017

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NiteLite916 View Post
                        In reference to the Recent Grad announcement, I am hearing that it will post in Jan. 2017
                        You are correct.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NiteLite916 View Post
                          In reference to the Recent Grad announcement, I am hearing that it will post in Jan. 2017
                          I seen the same timeframe but remember it was postponed twice already. It was supposed to be December 2016 then got moved. Any way have you heard the number of applications that will accepted? Maybe 5000 like the last? I know it will be a nationwide announcement.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

                            I seen the same timeframe but remember it was postponed twice already. It was supposed to be December 2016 then got moved. Any way have you heard the number of applications that will accepted? Maybe 5000 like the last? I know it will be a nationwide announcement.
                            I hear it will be nationwide but I have no idea of the number of applicants.

                            Comment


                            • I think the recent grad announcement is going to end up very competitive. I know several people applying, including myself, that have over 10+ years as a LEO. I was fortunate enough to get my second Masters in time for this announcement.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                                I think the recent grad announcement is going to end up very competitive. I know several people applying, including myself, that have over 10+ years as a LEO. I was fortunate enough to get my second Masters in time for this announcement.
                                I believe you are right. I doubt a recent grad with Zero experience will make the cut but I could be wrong. I am lucky to be in a similar boat with you. Competition is not a bad thing. I like challenges and do not deter anybody form applying. Anything can happen and each individual person has their own skill set. Come one come all. Let the best of the best get the positions.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6373 users online. 322 members and 6051 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X