300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
    My question is. Why keep doing interviews if you have already done them? I mean why keep interviewing people if you won't grade the hundreds you have already completed? Did we sign up to get an interview or a job?

You would think they would hire or at least send out results of interviews that had taken place instead of just keep on interviewing...
    Likely building a list. When there is a relatively large number of vacancies, and a nationwide announcement to fill said spots, lists are made before making selections. It's how most hiring drives are done through my personal experience, ICE DO, ICE HSI, FAMS, so on.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Got a phone call to schedule and I was on a radio call...Now I can't get an answer back from them.

This process is awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
        Got a phone call to schedule and I was on a radio call...Now I can't get an answer back from them.

This process is awful.
        Schedule interview? For previous dates, including mine, the whole scheduling process for interviews was done via email.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Schedule interview? For previous dates, including mine, the whole scheduling process for interviews was done via email.
          I got the email for a window of dates. Which was confusing to begin with. However, I emailed back with my "window" so I imagine I'm going to schedule a date/time via phone. Per the VM she left.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Likely building a list. When there is a relatively large number of vacancies, and a nationwide announcement to fill said spots, lists are made before making selections. It's how most hiring drives are done through my personal experience, ICE DO, ICE HSI, FAMS, so on.

Ok building a list... sooo does it mean all these (me) candidates had thier interview papers lost, failed it or ????

Comment

• I'm gonna drive down there,,, barge my way in and get some answers... I'll let you all know what I find out... anybody want me to drop your name while I'm there and see where your at in the process???

Comment

• Some recent movement, did my medical back in Nov. and had my drug test yesterday. I interviewed first round in August

Comment

• So what happens after the drug test and medical? Fill out background paperwork?

When is the FIT test scheduled?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                    So what happens after the drug test and medical? Fill out background paperwork?

FIT is after medical...they won't have you test until you're medically cleared. The FIT also has to be current before the academy so alot of people from the 2012 announcement took the FIT 3 or more timeso. Before being sent to Glynco or ignored completely.
                    Last edited by Spartan1371; 12-15-2016, 11:38 PM.
                    USMS timeline
                    Applied:June 2016
                    Rating 99
                    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                    Fed LEO (6 years)
                    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                      So what happens after the drug test and medical? Fill out background paperwork?

background paperwork should be well before medical and drug screening. if you have a recently adjudicated SSBI it may be useable and you will skip this step.

Comment

• Where is the FIT test generally scheduled at? Local USMS office near your current residence? Large city? HQ? etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                          I'm gonna drive down there,,, barge my way in and get some answers... I'll let you all know what I find out... anybody want me to drop your name while I'm there and see where your at in the process???
                          Oh great idea can you just drop my name there also ( Jack Miuff ) let me know how far I am on the list... thanks yours the best

Comment

• Originally posted by fedsarehere View Post

Oh great idea can you just drop my name there also ( Jack Miuff ) let me know how far I am on the list... thanks yours the best

LOL will do

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                              Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                                Hopefully us October interview people will hear something before Christmas....either way I'm applying to the recent grads announcement too when it drops.
                                Spartan,

If you interviewed there is no reason for you to apply again. It defeats the purpose, your already in the process.

Matt as far as I known its moved back till Jan 2017 but it may not be till Feb. The other announcment have not finished interviews yet. The good is there are alot of people that are no longer qualified for the recent grad due to the two year graduation period.
                                Last edited by Njw85; 12-18-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10726 users online. 500 members and 10226 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X