300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

I don't get that either because graduating with a BA would only make you a GS5. So maybe it appears the USMS is looking to get education with experience. I have that and my two years from graduation has not expired yet so I should be good.
    Sort of. Per the OPM standard, a Bachelors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher is SAA, which makes one minimally qualified for a GS-7, if the major lines up with the position applied for. Bachelors with less than a 3.0 is what qualifies you for a GS-5.

Comment

• What are the interview locations for this round?

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaDPTY View Post
        What are the interview locations for this round?
        Arlington, VA

Comment

• Does anyone know for sure how long they are going to hire off this list? I have heard a lot of rumors about them using this list for two years; however, I have not obtained any hard information from a reliable source.

My concern is that they will do another announcement open to all U.S. citizens and I will miss it.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post

Arlington, VA
            Was that the only interview location?

Comment

• Originally posted by NiteLite916 View Post

Was that the only interview location?
              Yes, it was for a week in December, and for two weeks in January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
                Does anyone know for sure how long they are going to hire off this list? I have heard a lot of rumors about them using this list for two years; however, I have not obtained any hard information from a reliable source.

My concern is that they will do another announcement open to all U.S. citizens and I will miss it.
                ​​​​​​
                I asked one of the Marshals that interviewed me if there was any advice for a candidate like myself going through the process and his response was "Stay in shape and stay ready. Don't be discouraged by the process, it could take 5 months or 5 years to get hired and that's not unheard of or unrealistic".

The 2012 announcement has people going to the academy in June 2016 (that's 4 years).

USMS timeline
                Applied:June 2016
                Rating 99
                Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                Fed LEO (6 years)
                USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Just some pieces of information that may help one of you. If you are a reserve service member going through this and other long Fed LEO pipelines check out these links about USERRA protections as an applicant.

http://www.hrhero.com/hl/articles/20...reinstatement/

https://osc.gov/Pages/USERRA-EmployeeRights.aspx
                  Last edited by ls1_oklahoma; 12-04-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone received an email confirmation for December interviews?

Comment

• Never mind.... email in - December interview week is canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
                        Never mind.... email in - December interview week is canceled.
                        Did they say why it was canceled?
                        USMS timeline
                        Rating 99
                        Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                        Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Still no news for the people interviewed in October eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by ganster piggy View Post
                            Still no news for the people interviewed in October eh?
                            Still no news.

Comment

• Originally posted by ganster piggy View Post
                              Still no news for the people interviewed in October eh?
                              Nothing on my end either
                              USMS timeline
                              Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                              Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• They didn't provide a reason. They only said the January dates originally listed will be the only available time frame to schedule the interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9251 users online. 384 members and 8867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X