Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BDUSM academy scheduled for December 2016 has been cancelled. The next BDUSM academy is now scheduled for June 2017. There is a CI 1811 BDUSM going on right now at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post

No, nothing.

Nope,, I've called and emailed and nada... might as well be trying to get ahold of Jimmie Hoffa

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
        The BDUSM academy scheduled for December 2016 has been cancelled. The next BDUSM academy is now scheduled for June 2017. There is a CI 1811 BDUSM going on right now at FLETC.
        Oh yea !! Is this official info or your gut feeling !!

Comment

• Delete>>>>
          Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

Thanks for the info I'm more than qualified. But isn't the whole point of a recent grads announcement for recent grads. Having your Bachelor's Degree makes your eligible on paper for GS-7.
            I don't get that either because graduating with a BA would only make you a GS5. So maybe it appears the USMS is looking to get education with experience. I have that and my two years from graduation has not expired yet so I should be good.

Comment

• Max,

Do you know why the Recent Grad announcement keeps getting postponed?

Comment

The BDUSM academy scheduled for December 2016 has been cancelled. The next BDUSM academy is now scheduled for June 2017. There is a CI 1811 BDUSM going on right now at FLETC.
                I can attest to this as well.

Comment

• In case anyone was wondering the difference between a 1811 and 0082 series us marshal

Deputy U.S. Marshals are classified as either General Schedule (GS) 1811 (Criminal Investigator Deputy) or 0082 (Deputy). The 1811 Deputies receive an additional 25% LEAP pay on top of their base pay, and may progress to the grade of GS-12. Additionally, 0082 Deputies may only progress to the grade of GS-11. Due to budget cutbacks, the U.S. Marshals Service only hires 0082 Deputy U.S. Marshals. An 0082 Deputy wishing to become an 1811 Deputy must do so by applying internally. In recent years, the Marshals Service has promoted an average of 120 to 140 (GS)1811 Deputies per year. Recent developments at headquarters, coupled with a new director seem to show promise for advancement opportunities for 0082 Deputies.
                  0082 Deputies do have the same "Federal Law Enforcement Special Agent" powers as 1811 deputies .0082 Deputies primary duties are very similar to that of their counterpart 1811 deputies, yet 0082 deputies may not act as a lead investigator. 1811 deputies perform mostly investigative related duties such as fugitive apprehension, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedsarehere View Post
                    In case anyone was wondering the difference between a 1811 and 0082 series us marshal

Deputy U.S. Marshals are classified as either General Schedule (GS) 1811 (Criminal Investigator Deputy) or 0082 (Deputy). The 1811 Deputies receive an additional 25% LEAP pay on top of their base pay, and may progress to the grade of GS-12. Additionally, 0082 Deputies may only progress to the grade of GS-11. Due to budget cutbacks, the U.S. Marshals Service only hires 0082 Deputy U.S. Marshals. An 0082 Deputy wishing to become an 1811 Deputy must do so by applying internally. In recent years, the Marshals Service has promoted an average of 120 to 140 (GS)1811 Deputies per year. Recent developments at headquarters, coupled with a new director seem to show promise for advancement opportunities for 0082 Deputies.
                    0082 Deputies do have the same "Federal Law Enforcement Special Agent" powers as 1811 deputies .0082 Deputies primary duties are very similar to that of their counterpart 1811 deputies, yet 0082 deputies may not act as a lead investigator. 1811 deputies perform mostly investigative related duties such as fugitive apprehension, etc.
                    Your source of information is very outdated. Since 2007, DUSMS attend CITP to become CIs. There is no more merit promotion to 1811. DUSMs will become 1811 after 2 years as 0082, if they joined the service as GL-7.

Comment

Your source of information is very outdated. Since 2007, DUSMS attend CITP to become CIs. There is no more merit promotion to 1811. DUSMs will become 1811 after 2 years as 0082, if they joined the service as GL-7.
                      I pulled that off OPM is there a more updated one ?

Comment

• any update on when the next announcement is going to pop up?

Comment

• I hope the hiring process isn't a direct reflection of the way the agency itself is organized and operated. If so, I'm not certain it would be such a great place to work.

Comment

• Any applicants waiting for interview results from the first round. I interviewed 9-1-2016. I know couple of us still waiting for interview results from the first round. Don't know if we failed or pass.

Comment

Donovan from ottisville ?
                              Haha, nah man.

Comment

I pulled that off OPM is there a more updated one ?
                                Can you list your OPM link? And yes, there is a more updated DUSM rank progression description.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8762 users online. 458 members and 8304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X