300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
    Let's not forget that HR was working one round of interviews from one location during the August interviews. Now they have a huge list of people to go through. I initially was going to interview in August but had to do it in October during the second round.

During the 2012 announcement the first round interviews were called first and then everything grounded to a halt (you can go back and read it). The guys and gals called in the first round still did not make it to the academy before anyone else did.

They aren't going to take a beat cop with 3 yrs of experience from the first round of interviews over a Navy Seal with a Masters degree and 5 yrs of investigations experience at NYPD in the 3rd round of interviews just because he was first (not me just an extreme example). They are compiling a list and will move forward when they are done.

If hoping for a December class makes you feel good then continue to do so, but if you haven't taken a FIT yet with a Completed Background Investigation IT WILL NOT HAPPEN PERIOD.

kill the messenger if you like
    Just curious and I am just asking ! So how do think they decided to chose people to interview in august rather then any other time . So what I am trying to say is don't you think they considered the applicants qualifications before selecting who interviews in August .

Comment

• Honestly (zero clue) and only speculation on how they chose people
      USMS timeline
      Applied:June 2016
      Rating 99
      Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
      Fed LEO (6 years)
      USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
      Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

Let's not forget that HR was working one round of interviews from one location during the August interviews. Now they have a huge list of people to go through. I initially was going to interview in August but had to do it in October during the second round.

During the 2012 announcement the first round interviews were called first and then everything grounded to a halt (you can go back and read it). The guys and gals called in the first round still did not make it to the academy before anyone else did.

They aren't going to take a beat cop with 3 yrs of experience from the first round of interviews over a Navy Seal with a Masters degree and 5 yrs of investigations experience at NYPD in the 3rd round of interviews just because he was first (not me just an extreme example). They are compiling a list and will move forward when they are done.

If hoping for a December class makes you feel good then continue to do so, but if you haven't taken a FIT yet with a Completed Background Investigation IT WILL NOT HAPPEN PERIOD.

kill the messenger if you like
        I agree with you man. I don't see this Prestigious agency taking the bare minimum applicant. No disrespect meant to any applicant who only meets the minimum requirements. From what I hear they want motivated applicants who exceed the minimum requirements that will not quit when it gets tough physically, mentally, and academically. They tend to look for applicants that bring something of value to the table for the agency. Sorry if that offends anybody it is just what I have been told.

Comment

• I just submitted my reply to the recent email some of us received. I am shooting for the December interview week. If anyone else is too, feel free to message me.

Comment

• Well, just to keep this speculation ball rolling, I'll add...

Years of X or Y experience is great, and it's what gets us each individually TO an interview, if we are lucky. Keep in mind, that interview is the only portion of this process where you are literally judged and evaluated by current DUSM's as they are sitting there trying to answer ultimately 1) does this person seem competent enough for this job? and 2) would I want to work with this person?

Do not kid yourselves into thinking stats on paper are more important than how that interview goes. If DEVGRU team leader goes in there uptight, with zero personality, and gives short, generic answers, he doesn't stand a chance against average-background-guy that goes in there polite and personable, answers honestly and intelligently and seems like someone the deputies wouldn't mind working a long shift or having a beer with.

Comment

• Agreed, I just done see how people are expecting a December class if they haven't ran the FIT yet or have a completed background investigation. it's December now, it's not going to happen. They will continue to compile interview results and select people. The first round interviewers recieved their results faster because there were less people for HR to deal with. The second round of interviews were done in three seperate locations, that does slow things down.
              USMS timeline
              Rating 99
              Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
              Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marines34 View Post
                Anyone from Oct hear anything yet?
                No, nothing.

Comment

Agreed, I just done see how people are expecting a December class if they haven't ran the FIT yet or have a completed background investigation. it's December now, it's not going to happen. They will continue to compile interview results and select people. The first round interviewers recieved their results faster because there were less people for HR to deal with. The second round of interviews were done in three seperate locations, that does slow things down.
                  Seriously, man?

I've posted some pretty logical thoughts as far as what the timeline could likely be at this point. If you're counting me as someone holding out for December, go back and read what I've posted- because you're incorrect. For that matter I don't see anyone on here from the June/status candidate posting, that is still holding out for December.

The November lateral class was pushed back to December due to the storm, we should expect that the original December class then got pushed back to at least January. Anyone that can't follow that logic either lacks reading comprehension skills or maybe still believes in Santa.

My current agency gave me about 5 weeks notice prior to FLETC, and that is on the more generous side of things from anyone I've ever known, spoken to, or read.

If you think they won't send out notices three weeks prior to a start date saying you have seven days to complete for FIT...well think again.

Comment

• Easy guys no need for all that, keep the forum professional we are all on the same team and who knows maybe one day we will all be working with each other. Thin blue line

Comment

• I'm saying people need to stop freaking out about not having results back from their interview yet because the first rounders got them quickly. HRs workload is significantly higher this point in the process.
                      USMS timeline
                      Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                      Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Well not everyone from the first round got called back. i have said i do not mind the wait. I would just like to know the status of the interview thats all. I have been in various LE hiring process so i know the deal. I have nothing but respect for LEO's. I have seen it and done it all in the streets of NY. We are all we got.

Comment

I'm saying people need to stop freaking out about not having results back from their interview yet because the first rounders got them quickly. HRs workload is significantly higher this point in the process.
                          I also understand where you are coming from. I also appreciate your input a few weeks back.

Comment

• Lets just keep each other motivated. @fedarehere you are right. As much as i disliked a guy outside the uniform, i never hesitated to rush to an officer needing aid. God bless you all and stay focused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                              FINALLY! Got the email... interviews December and January for the June/2017 Class!!!
                              Did you or anyone else hear back from HR after submitting the forms and choosing the interview dates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roninjin View Post

Did you or anyone else hear back from HR after submitting the forms and choosing the interview dates?
                                Negative... wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure the email address is spelled right and make sure the email is in your sent folder and not your outbox. Good to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4983 users online. 255 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X