300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
    FINALLY! Got the email... interviews December and January for the June/2017 Class!!!
    Please clarify, so are yiu saying there will be more interviews or are you referring to your interview? Have you interviewed?

Also the golden question is this the last round of interviews??
    Last edited by Njw85; 11-29-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Also got the email! Let the flights begin! If someone already in the process could PM me that'd be great. Just a couple questions about the next few steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
        FINALLY! Got the email... interviews December and January for the June/2017 Class!!!
        awesome, congrats. this is actually evidence (circumstantial maybe) for the points I'm going to try to make.

We all know how this board goes, lots of speculation and rumors, lots of assumptions, etc. However, we can all at least try to be logical...

Someone that seemed to be credible posted a few pages back that USMS had 3 basic classes scheduled for '16/17: December, June, August. I do not believe this "December" class is the lateral class that starts next week!!!

I know someone in the lateral class- they were supposed to be heading to Fletc in November originally- this is back when those of us that are in the status candidate announcement pool were being told "December"...again, there was supposed to be a lateral class starting in November, and ALSO a basic in December. Then the storm hit and pushed that lateral class to December. Logically, I don't think it's a stretch to think that the status candidate class that was supposed to be December, will now be January.

Point being- some of you guys are speaking as if the lateral class IS the same thing that was being mentioned to us in emails about interviews back in August- that doesn't make any sense! The hurricane pushed some things back- it is completely illogical to assume the lateral class (which was obviously already budgeted for, along with at least 3 basic classes) suddenly took the place of the class that was being alluded to for those of us that interviewed in August-October.

If that is unclear still to anyone, let me know and I will try again.

I don't intend to represent any of this as fact- it is my opinion, using logic and my brain. I just think we all know how frustrating this can be, it doesn't help to have bad information snowballing. The lateral class, while now starting in December, wasn't supposed to start in December when they were emailing us about "December" back in August. So, in my opinion, acting as if the lateral class was always supposed to be that "December" class is bad information.

Time will tell though.

Also someone from my current agency is down there with our recruit class, and I've tasked them with getting together with the guy we know in the lateral class starting next week, to get whatever info they can, hopefully I'll have something more than conjecture to report back with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

Please clarify, so are yiu saying there will be more interviews or are you referring to your interview? Have you interviewed?

Also the golden question is this the last round of interviews??
          There will be another round of interviews for 1 week in December and 2 weeks in January for the June/2017 class.

"Once these interviews have concluded, the USMS will determine if future rounds of structured interviews are needed." Last day of interviews is January 27th, 2017.

Comment

• Anyone from Oct hear anything yet?

Comment

• I also go the email today.

I too would like to speak with someone that has interviewed about setting an interview date. I would like to know how accommodating USMS will be for interview dates. I have to get leave cleared in advance from my chain of command. What are the chances of getting the dates I request?

By the way... below is pasted from my email.

"Applicants who interview during these dates may be eligible for a June 2017 Basic Training Class"

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

awesome, congrats. this is actually evidence (circumstantial maybe) for the points I'm going to try to make.

We all know how this board goes, lots of speculation and rumors, lots of assumptions, etc. However, we can all at least try to be logical...

Someone that seemed to be credible posted a few pages back that USMS had 3 basic classes scheduled for '16/17: December, June, August. I do not believe this "December" class is the lateral class that starts next week!!!

I know someone in the lateral class- they were supposed to be heading to Fletc in November originally- this is back when those of us that are in the status candidate announcement pool were being told "December"...again, there was supposed to be a lateral class starting in November, and ALSO a basic in December. Then the storm hit and pushed that lateral class to December. Logically, I don't think it's a stretch to think that the status candidate class that was supposed to be December, will now be January.

Point being- some of you guys are speaking as if the lateral class IS the same thing that was being mentioned to us in emails about interviews back in August- that doesn't make any sense! The hurricane pushed some things back- it is completely illogical to assume the lateral class (which was obviously already budgeted for, along with at least 3 basic classes) suddenly took the place of the class that was being alluded to for those of us that interviewed in August-October.

If that is unclear still to anyone, let me know and I will try again.

I don't intend to represent any of this as fact- it is my opinion, using logic and my brain. I just think we all know how frustrating this can be, it doesn't help to have bad information snowballing. The lateral class, while now starting in December, wasn't supposed to start in December when they were emailing us about "December" back in August. So, in my opinion, acting as if the lateral class was always supposed to be that "December" class is bad information.

Time will tell though.

Also someone from my current agency is down there with our recruit class, and I've tasked them with getting together with the guy we know in the lateral class starting next week, to get whatever info they can, hopefully I'll have something more than conjecture to report back with.
                I
                I couldn't have said it any better ! Agree!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marines34 View Post
                  Anyone from Oct hear anything yet?
                  Nothing on my end so far. I remember the email stating we were eligible for the December class, but that will be unlikely and even more unlikely for the January class if there is one. I foresee us being added to the list for the June or August academies in 2017 pending if you are selected.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC03xx View Post

Nothing on my end so far. I remember the email stating we were eligible for the December class, but that will be unlikely and even more unlikely for the January class if there is one. I foresee us being added to the list for the June or August academies in 2017 pending if you are selected.
                    I do not mind the wait. I just want to know if we passed the interview. I imagine there are a lot of people on the same boat. Wish we have gotten some sort of reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marines34 View Post
                      Anyone from Oct hear anything yet?

Nope,,, I'm still waiting.. guess December is out for those even though they mentioned a December class if you interviewed in October.

Comment

• I'm calling them tomorrow. I'll let you all know ..

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                          I'm calling them tomorrow. I'll let you all know ..
                          G2g brother please let me know. You can pm me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                            I'm calling them tomorrow. I'll let you all know ..
                            Add me in the pm too please. I'm an October interview too. I will keep you guys up to date if I hear anything as well.
                            "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post

Someone that seemed to be credible posted a few pages back that USMS had 3 basic classes scheduled for '16/17: December, June, August. I do not believe this "December" class is the lateral class that starts next week!!! ETC...
                              I agree with you 100%!! A few pages back I said something very similar without the details. I think it's sorta funny on one hand, because you know there are people on here that are just writing complete and utter nonsense! Then on top of that some people are believing everything they see. Everyone just needs to realize that when you get that email you will know, and until then stand by to stand by. Because in the end, it doesn't matter what other people are doing. Just worry about yourself getting this job by being the best candidate you can be!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post

I agree with you 100%!! A few pages back I said something very similar without the details. I think it's sorta funny on one hand, because you know there are people on here that are just writing complete and utter nonsense! Then on top of that some people are believing everything they see. Everyone just needs to realize that when you get that email you will know, and until then stand by to stand by. Because in the end, it doesn't matter what other people are doing. Just worry about yourself getting this job by being the best candidate you can be!
                                yup!

kind of funny, financially, June or whatever actually works better for me- like a lot of us, taking the job means a decent pay cut for me (not complaining, obviously i've decided it's worth it), and if I went in June or so, vs January, that's 5 extra months of not paying increased childcare costs...but...my current agency has a recruit class almost done at the academy, if I'm still around in February I have some rookies to field train. And if I'm leaving, how can I say this gently...I'd rather not do that...? Ha. Is what it is, and I'll deal with it....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7800 users online. 374 members and 7426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X