Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

Postponed to January, 2017

Currently the order of posting announcements will be:

o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed

o CI, GS-1811-12 Gov't wide Posted 4/27/2016 - Closed

o DUSM GL-0082 07 Gov't wide Posted: 6/8/2016 - Closed

o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: January 2017
    I wonder why the USMS keep postponing this announcement? Any info? I feel like its not gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

I wonder why the USMS keep postponing this announcement? Any info? I feel like its not gonna happen.
      I think there's a very good chance FLETC being shut down a few weeks ago, and the continued damage to the campus probably has something to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CopStrong View Post
        no State or local for me, but I do work for an agency that is very much patrol oriented
        In the agency that I am employed with they tend to look for more field/investigative experience versus education. My direct supervisor feels like things overall have swung to more of an experience/education mix over the last couple of years.

Comment

As a reminder, the USMS has three Basic Deputy Classes scheduled for FY2017:

* December 2016
          * June 2017
          * August 2017

​​​​​​
          Since I'm assuming the December class is out of the question for those of us who are waiting for our FIT test, is there a timeframe when they would be sending out firm offers to fill those summer classes? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post

Since I'm assuming the December class is out of the question for those of us who are waiting for our FIT test, is there a timeframe when they would be sending out firm offers to fill those summer classes? Thanks
            So, this is just my take on it...

The "December class" is probably now a "January class." In which case, if all you're waiting on is the FIT, you're still in a fine position to make a class anytime in January. From what I gather the FIT is pass/fail- if they want you they just need to make sure you pass one before being given an offer- I think I even read on here before of someone being offered a spot, but their FIT was out of date so it was basically "you've got the job if you can show up next week and pass the FIT."

The FIT doesn't need to be debated or adjudicated, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post

Thats not true the December class is going to happen. Its for 1811's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

Thats not true the December class is going to happen. Its for 1811's.
                now you're confusing things- the 1811 lateral class only has to do the Marshals add-on, not CITP. The original "December class" that we have been referring to, which is now likely pushed to January, is from the June announcement/non-1811.

Comment

• I'm in the running for the PR announcement and Nationwide announcement. Im actually in FLETC right now for another agency and when i tell you the Marshals service is tough..believe me. Those guys look like they want to die everyday. I spoke to some of them and they advised me they lost 8 people at the start and they get F**ed with day and night. I hope you guys really want it.

also they run everywhere, even on breaks, always together, and basically have no free time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                    I'm in the running for the PR announcement and Nationwide announcement. Im actually in FLETC right now for another agency and when i tell you the Marshals service is tough..believe me. Those guys look like they want to die everyday. I spoke to some of them and they advised me they lost 8 people at the start and they get F**ed with day and night. I hope you guys really want it.

also they run everywhere, even on breaks, always together, and basically have no free time.
                    why did they lose 8 people at the start?

Comment

• Please tell me I did not miss the national entry-level announcement because I have been very proactive with usajobs.gov and the only announcement I have seen were status candidates and veterans only. Is this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by msho24 View Post
                        Please tell me I did not miss the national entry-level announcement because I have been very proactive with usajobs.gov and the only announcement I have seen were status candidates and veterans only. Is this right?
                        The national announcement was only open to status candidates and veterans, no USC announcement this hiring drive.

Comment

• Hey guys anybody still from the first round waiting for interview results..

Comment

• For the person asking about education or experience I can say that all 5 of us waiting to be interviewed in October had the Trifecta- Military/LEO/and Bachelors

I'm sure it's not 100% necessary but anyone can be taught to be a police officer...it's the other skill sets (Medic, Comm, education, experiences, marksmanship ...etc) that make you an asset.

USMS timeline
                            Applied:June 2016
                            Rating 99
                            Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                            Fed LEO (6 years)
                            USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                            Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

Postponed to January, 2017

Currently the order of posting announcements will be:

o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed

o CI, GS-1811-12 Gov't wide Posted 4/27/2016 - Closed

o DUSM GL-0082 07 Gov't wide Posted: 6/8/2016 - Closed

o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: January 2017
                              Max,

Since the USMS postponed the announcement is it planning on doing another round of interviews from the June announcement? Or is it just because of the holidays?
                              Last edited by Njw85; 11-18-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                                For the person asking about education or experience I can say that all 5 of us waiting to be interviewed in October had the Trifecta- Military/LEO/and Bachelors

I'm sure it's not 100% necessary but anyone can be taught to be a police officer...it's the other skill sets (Medic, Comm, education, experiences, marksmanship ...etc) that make you an asset.
                                For what its worth, from chatting with the group at mine, all were LEO (some with multiple agencies under their belts), only one was prior military, and only one person even mentioned their degree.
                                Last edited by Updown; 02-13-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10910 users online. 478 members and 10432 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X