Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I interviewed 10/18/2016, still havent heard anything. Im assuming its a random selection.

Comment

• For any current DUSM's with DC specific knowledge, I have some questions if you wouldnt mind...

I have dug through a few hundred pages of the old 2012 announcement thread, some at the beginning, some middle, and lastly the other day I started at page 800 reading forward...I can't take it anymore. It's like a massive group text between a handful of people, 90-95% of that ~930 pages is unfortunately irrelevant chatter.

That being said, I have some questions specific to DC Superior, because that's where I assume I would go if hired (and yes, I know I need to be hired first, and then get through FLETC, please humor me). I have a friend that works in the Alexandria office that has been able to give me plenty of insight, he just doesn't know the 100% certain answers to the following questions, in no particular order:

1. What are the regular hours? Originally he had told me 8:30-5ish, but recently he mentioned there may be 2 overlapping, but slightly staggered shifts, one essentially 830-5, the other being a bit later.

2. He's mentioned Saturday OT at Superior, said it is there if you want it- personally, working 1 Saturday a month or something like that could be worth it to offset the pay cut, - is "it's there if you want it" accurate, or is it more like you'll be working most Saturdays, or the reverse, all the senior people take it so you'll get none?

3. PT- he's told me he gets to PT an hour daily on the clock- but he was unsure if Superior was able to keep up with this being as they have many more prisoners/much busier. He was also unsure if Superior had a gym on-site (if they don't, that certainly makes PT more difficult). If there is a facility, I would be interested in any info given on that- he's told me Superior has something like 200 deputies, it's hard to imagine a facility inside the courthouse adequate enough for potentially a large number of deputies in there at once. (~200 deputies/8rs?...not that they're all going to use the time).

4. Cars- I've heard that at Superior only the most senior deputies get the G ride simply due to not having enough cars to give everyone. However, I went to the Greenbelt office a few weeks back for fingerprints and a deputy there told me something about an audit done of the take-homes, finding that something like 160 cars were found assigned to HQ that did not need to be, and those vehicles were reassigned to Superior. My friend said he didn't know anything about that, hadn't heard anything like that, etc, and that he doubted it...any info on this? Again- in the same respect that I need to get hired first, do FLETC first, I don't need to be worrying about a take-home car right now.

Any info that can be provided would be appreciated. I am in my 6th year as Fed LEO, worked for the govt a couple years before that, so i certainly don't know everything, but I'm familiar with the Fed bs, the red tape, the empty promises, etc; I'm aware the grass isn't always greener. In my current job I was told in training I would be in the location I'm in for maybe a year or two, now almost 6 years in with no end in sight, I'm simply trying to gather as much information as I can about my potential next step.

Thank you.

use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Delete>>>>
        Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

Thank you for the information, fingers crossed this is true, I unfortunately missed the announcement in June.
          Keep in mind you have to be qualified for the next announcement to actually apply, if you just received your degree or within the last two years then your good if not then you will miss out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marines34 View Post
            I interviewed 10/18/2016, still havent heard anything. Im assuming its a random selection.
            Most certainly not random. HR personnel said that by the end of November or December the results from the interviews would be emailed out. During the interview we were scored and rated and that was sent to HR (how they do it and what that entails I don't know). HR will decide what to do with it, out of the list of the most highly qualified a few lucky people will be offered an academy date at some point down the road.
            USMS timeline
            Applied:June 2016
            Rating 99
            Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
            Fed LEO (6 years)
            USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
            Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Are they still planning on getting August interviewees into the December class? I am curious if they have updated anyone on this since it's already November. I am complete through medical (awaiting confirmation of med clearance) and drug test, but have not been contacted for the fitness test. I'm also assuming they are using my current clearance since I have not been contacted for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
                Are they still planning on getting August interviewees into the December class? I am curious if they have updated anyone on this since it's already November. I am complete through medical (awaiting confirmation of med clearance) and drug test, but have not been contacted for the fitness test. I'm also assuming they are using my current clearance since I have not been contacted for that.
                Support personnel in Atlanta after my interview said to expect offers no sooner than later November or late December. If you combine that with the Hurricane Mathew damage to FLETC and the delays that caused the classes that were already going...I'd say highly unlikely that a new hire December class will occur.
                USMS timeline
                Rating 99
                Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• mpfeddie,

im basically in the same boat as you, except my current clearance was up for renewal, which I did eqip for in July. when they sent that email saying they could use current clearances, I was hoping mine would make it, but guess not as I got an email sometime after the TO stating that I needed to do eqip as they needed to upgrade my clearance. I actually was excited to see that they were "upgrading" it as it's never a bad sign when they are spending money on you...then again it's the govt so money is free.

Anyway, basically just saying I feel your pain- I've had December in my head since those August emails, starting to drive me a little nuts.
                  use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Anyone know if they are going to have another vacancy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Believer123 View Post
                      Anyone know if they are going to have another vacancy?
                      Recent graduates sometime in December and that's it. They will draw from this list for the next few years.
                      USMS timeline
                      Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                      Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post

Recent graduates sometime in December and that's it. They will draw from this list for the next few years.
                        Do you know how many people they will probably hire? I was thinking maybe one in each district.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post

Do you know how many people they will probably hire? I was thinking maybe one in each district.
                          You posted a while back that your very close friends with deputies and a chief. I would think you would be able to find out!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

You posted a while back that your very close friends with deputies and a chief. I would think you would be able to find out!!!
                            That's the last thing they would have on their mind.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post

That's the last thing they would have on their mind.......
                              Pm sent

Comment

• Lol so how many more people are going to ask about, 1) recent graduates pathways program, or 2) security clearances. I know everyone wants to hear and really wants this, but one thing I think we can all take from the 2012 hiring is that if you get picked up its truly luck, and when/IF it happens it will be on the usms timeframe. Also by TO stage we are all extremely similar in competitiveness. So with that being said the whole December class idea was exactly an "idea." And honestly, just go look at the info that people have already said 5 or 6 times. I was a intern from the usms, and I know a lot of deputies they all say basically the same thing, "PATIENTS!" And let's be honest, if you're already a fed Leo, you should already know how these things work. Let's try to keep this form honest, and try to filter out the junk. Best of luck everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12984 users online. 479 members and 12505 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X