300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigshep85 View Post
    I have watched it religiously since 2012. Don't feel bad I missed it too.
    The only reason I knew about it was because I had a friend tell me. I generally only search 1811s... There will be more openings that come up, so no worries.

Comment

• Any idea of where these openings might be? or if a new york position is likely? Thank you.

Comment

• Anybody receive their results for the assessments (PR announcement)?

Comment

• Originally posted by DNY24 View Post
          Any idea of where these openings might be? or if a new york position is likely? Thank you.
          NY? lolz

Welcome to PR, Super Court, or SW border. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdr99 View Post
            NY? lolz

Welcome to PR, Super Court, or SW border. Good luck.
            Wrong! Most assignments will be at tight-knit sub offices with low cost of living. However... even if you do land at PR, Super Court or SW border, your stay there won't be long. Think two years. Three at most, and if you do three, you get to choose wherever you want in the Marshals Service! If you opt to do four years, you will probably be a K-9 handler or supervisor by then. Rainbows of gold will shoot from your butt as you slowly transform into a mighty unicorn who spends most of his time on a giant yacht being served premium alcohol by supermodels.

Comment

• Originally posted by do_some View Post
              Wrong! Most assignments will be at tight-knit sub offices with low cost of living. However... even if you do land at PR, Super Court or SW border, your stay there won't be long. Think two years. Three at most, and if you do three, you get to choose wherever you want in the Marshals Service! If you opt to do four years, you will probably be a K-9 handler or supervisor by then. Rainbows of gold will shoot from your butt as you slowly transform into a mighty unicorn who spends most of his time on a giant yacht being served premium alcohol by supermodels.
              I have always wanted to be a unicorn. Outstanding post

Comment

I know it is early in the year, but this is going to be a front-runner for post of the year.

Comment

Pretty sure this is what the video promised us during the 2008 hiring drive also..... I have yet to see anything shoot from my butt.
                  USMS Region 3
                  Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                  Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                  Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                  BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                  Medical:2/15/10
                  MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                  FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                  Drug: 6/5/10
                  Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                  Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                  Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                  Written: 12/27/10
                  NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                  To:
                  Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by DNY24 View Post
                    Any idea of where these openings might be? or if a new york position is likely? Thank you.
                    SDNY is always a maybe since they are shorthanded.
                    EDNY unlikely
                    NDNY or WDNY no

Comment

• Hey guys I was looking for some clarification on medical ? Is hypertension a disqualification or is uncontrollable hypertension !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by usms-help1 View Post
                        Hey guys I was looking for some clarification on medical ? Is hypertension a disqualification or is uncontrollable hypertension !

No, on the contrary , hypertension is a prerequisite for any gs13 and above supervisor job.

In all seriousness , no one knows what the medical division standards are. Also depends on how high you're talking....impending stroke level would certainly be frowned upon, whereas "just spent another day of my life in court instead of on the streets " level is really the only thing keeping your heart going in the first place.

There's a reason the Usms has mandatory fitness that the other agencies don't, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with "fighting bad guys".
                        USMS Region 3
                        Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                        Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                        Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                        BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                        Medical:2/15/10
                        MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                        FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                        Drug: 6/5/10
                        Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                        Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                        Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                        Written: 12/27/10
                        NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                        To:
                        Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvas92 View Post
                          After reading what everyone has been posting, it kinda sounds very difficult for me to even be considered after the exam, considering if they open it to the public....I'm 23 years old, with an associates degree field of study criminal justice (I took some extra electives), I don't have any experience in LE or military unfortunately like the rest of ya'll. Of course, it is a goal to get into the Marshal Service, I was really hoping for that Recent Graduate Pathways Program, of all things that would probably be my better opportunity to at least go that route compared to go for the all out Deputy position. Since I'm only 23, one of the benefits of that is I'm not married, no kids, no "tie downs" here in houston, except my family but they are aware of the path I'm choosing to go down so I'm down with applying anywhere and starting off doing anything so I can put some time in. From what I heard from a Marshal, is they are going to open the Recent Graduate Pathways Program in May, I'm really worried about the requirements and how they will go about selecting people and because I got my associates in May 2014 so my cut-off period is May 2016. So I'm not sure if I would have till the end of May or when May 1st 2016 comes around I'm already not eligible....I guess I'll just wait and see
                          Not to be negative, but you will need your bachelor's degree to be competitive, especially if you do not have military or LE experience. There are a lot of people that have master's applying from top 10 schools.

One of their requirements is...
                          "Must have a bachelor’s degree, 1 year of specialized experience, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to the GL-07 level"

To even have experience equivalent to gl7, most agencies require minimum 4 years of relevant experience (as a bachelors is required to be a 7 typically but obviously depends)

I'd strongly recommend doing your degree, getting an internship with a federal agency and then go from there. Most, if not all, 1811 jobs require a bachelor's degree unless you are an expert with 10+ yrs experience. Just my thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvas92 View Post
                            After reading what everyone has been posting, it kinda sounds very difficult for me to even be considered after the exam, considering if they open it to the public....I'm 23 years old, with an associates degree field of study criminal justice (I took some extra electives), I don't have any experience in LE or military unfortunately like the rest of ya'll. Of course, it is a goal to get into the Marshal Service, I was really hoping for that Recent Graduate Pathways Program, of all things that would probably be my better opportunity to at least go that route compared to go for the all out Deputy position. Since I'm only 23, one of the benefits of that is I'm not married, no kids, no "tie downs" here in houston, except my family but they are aware of the path I'm choosing to go down so I'm down with applying anywhere and starting off doing anything so I can put some time in. From what I heard from a Marshal, is they are going to open the Recent Graduate Pathways Program in May, I'm really worried about the requirements and how they will go about selecting people and because I got my associates in May 2014 so my cut-off period is May 2016. So I'm not sure if I would have till the end of May or when May 1st 2016 comes around I'm already not eligible....I guess I'll just wait and see
                            Hey there motivator, since you're relatively young and no ties what's stopping you from joining the military or finishing a bachelors, or hell doing both simultaneously? If the Marshal Service is your dream job I'd check every box and meet every requirement possible to make myself more appealling to the powers that be. Just some friendly advice, good luck to you in whatever route you choose!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
                              No, on the contrary , hypertension is a prerequisite for any gs13 and above supervisor job.

In all seriousness , no one knows what the medical division standards are. Also depends on how high you're talking....impending stroke level would certainly be frowned upon, whereas "just spent another day of my life in court instead of on the streets " level is really the only thing keeping your heart going in the first place.

There's a reason the Usms has mandatory fitness that the other agencies don't, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with "fighting bad guys".
                              Thanks for the info ! I was just curious,I am currently on medication for it and it's at the normal pressure .ironically i am very good physical shape!! Who knows bad genetics lol! This the last thing I would want to be DQED on !! Thanks brother!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                                Hey there motivator, since you're relatively young and no ties what's stopping you from joining the military or finishing a bachelors, or hell doing both simultaneously? If the Marshal Service is your dream job I'd check every box and meet every requirement possible to make myself more appealling to the powers that be. Just some friendly advice, good luck to you in whatever route you choose!
                                Agreed. This what I did and continue to do. Everything I have done so far was to make myself more competitive. I found out what "they" want/like and I did it. Now I wait patiently and go through the hoops. An ex-con once told me "patience is not just waiting. It's what you do while you wait". It really resonated with me. While I wait, I'm getting my MA.

Set yourself up for what you want to be. Great advice kwaz.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7468 users online. 208 members and 7260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X