300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
    If you really want the job and are not restricted by where you move to, redo your wishlist.

don't select all cities from the same region. mix it up. If you put Del Rio, Laredo, Pecos, Alpine or McAllen in your wishlist; you've got a great chance.
    I put McAllen, but I may hate my life. Talked to a DUSM who said they have done pretty much nothing but court duty for the last 8 years, due to the federal immigration court being there.

EDIT: https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

Still current for PT? And pushups and situps, is that a minute or two minutes? If it is one, 40 situps in one minute is no joke.
    Last edited by battlewagon; 10-04-2016, 09:38 AM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

If you really want the job and are not restricted by where you move to, redo your wishlist.

don't select all cities from the same region. mix it up. If you put Del Rio, Laredo, Pecos, Alpine or McAllen in your wishlist; you've got a great chance.
      Well that kinda sucks. I REALLY want the job since it has been a long time dream but I highly doubt that I'd drag my family to the border from my current location in central Florida. I'm not an 1811 but I'm already a 12 and I wouldn't really know what to do if they called me with a border city, New York, or D.C.

Honestly, I don't understand how the USMS thinks they are going to fill border cities with current 1811's from the lateral announcement.

First Is the pay cut, then top out as a 12(until further notice), and then work on the border or D.C.

Do you know of any 1811's who are not already stationed at the border who will be willing to do that?

I know you mentioned before that 1811's you knew were getting final offers, did any of them get non-border cities/D.C.?

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHard View Post
        I know you mentioned before that 1811's you knew were getting final offers, did any of them get non-border cities/D.C.?
        I'm positive that at least a couple laterals got a non SWB/non-DC office.

Comment

• I was told by a DUSM that large border cities like El Paso are completely full. I think there's a lot of misinformation here with regards to new hires being sent to the border.

Comment

• Clarification to my previous statement. They will be hiring a lot of entry level Deputies. It would be ridiculous to assume all will be going to the SWB. If you chose Region 7, be willing to go there. Del Rio and McAllen are both undermanned.

In the 1811 Lateral announcement a lot of people turned the position down because they didn't want to relocate or give up their GS13. Some people got the locations that wanted. Some didn't, some got to pick between two locations. I chose to accept the SWB because it was offered. It was not on my wishlist, but was within the region I checked that I was willing to go.

So... in a nutshell, dont expect something off your wishlist, but that doesn't mean it cant happen. If you want the job, accept whats offered.
            Last edited by Blackbeard526; 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

I put McAllen, but I may hate my life. Talked to a DUSM who said they have done pretty much nothing but court duty for the last 8 years, due to the federal immigration court being there.

EDIT: https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

Still current for PT? And pushups and situps, is that a minute or two minutes? If it is one, 40 situps in one minute is no joke.
              the PT test was

situps, (hands behind head, fingers interlaced) 1 min.
              pushups (One marshals will have a fist at your chest level, you lower until chest hits his hand) 1 min
              sit and reach (They take the best score out of three attempts)

then we drove to a track. 1.5 miles run.

Comment

• Anyone have any intel on potential openings? I put Grand Rapids as my #1 choice, any idea what my chances are?

Comment

• You will all really drive yourselves insane trying to predict where you will go and what your chances are at getting picked up. Just pretend you never applied and stay in shape. This is a very long process, and the USMS has a ton of potential candidates that will move anywhere for a position. On top of that alot of DUSMs in the less liked areas are going to request to move somewhere else with the new hiring drive so just because the SWB or DC area is full doesn't mean you won't get sent there, they may send many new hires just to permit movement to more senior DUSMs to better areas. TOs are useless at this point, they will continue to interview and rate people until the end of this month. You could be number 1 today and number 2,000 on the 30th. Stop stressing over it. All of the questions are quite useless until they actually call you and offer you a location. You'll either accept or wont.

GL to everyone in this long crazy process
                  USMS timeline
                  Applied:June 2016
                  Rating 99
                  Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                  Fed LEO (6 years)
                  USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                  Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

the PT test was

pushups (One marshals will have a fist at your chest level, you lower until chest hits his hand) 1 min

Wow 40 in a minute is really cranking them out. Thanks for the info. And that's surprising they so the interlocked fingers behind head; military stopped doing that a while ago along with other agencies due to strain and injury to the neck.

​​​​Thanks again.
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Wow 40 in a minute is really cranking them out. Thanks for the info. And that's surprising they so the interlocked fingers behind head; military stopped doing that a while ago along with other agencies due to strain and injury to the neck.

​​​​Thanks again.
                      Agreed, 40 in a minute is no slouch, ive increased how often I'm training abs just to be safe.

Comment

the PT test was

No body fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbsellards1 View Post

No body fat?
                          Not on the pre-employment PT test.

Comment

• How many applicants were at the PT test?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                              How many applicants were at the PT test?
                              There were two of us at mine, my other buddy hd just him and a friend.

Comment

• Where was the PT test conducted at? A location near your current residence?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7311 users online. 388 members and 6923 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X