Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with TO's, do any of you mind saying your location preferences that you put on your wishlist?

I'm wondering if TO's are going out based on location.

Comment

• I put 5 fairly large cities, but also stated that I was willing to go anywhere nationwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHard View Post
        For those with TO's, do any of you mind saying your location preferences that you put on your wishlist?

I'm wondering if TO's are going out based on location.
        I picked 5 specific locations since I'm not willing to relocate anywhere at this point and time. I'm not sure how TO notifications are distributed but when it comes to the G, no news is good news until you hear otherwise.

Comment

• breaking news alert! breaking news alert!

The "1811 Lateral" vacancy announcement applicants are receiving final offers this week and next for the October class. There will be two FLETC classes for the Laterals. OCT and DEC.

It seems the "wishlist" and "dreamsheets" are just that. I've heard of one guy getting what he requested, most others are having to pick between the lesser f two evils (crappy locations)

Hope you dream of living in D.C. or the on the SWB. Because they have lots of room for you!

Comment

• Does any Deputies know how many classes will be in fiscal year 2017? We know two laterals and one basic as of right now. Anymore?
            Last edited by Njw85; 09-23-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcash87 View Post
              Finally received my paperwork and interview email. Here is part of the email some may find interesting. Best of luck everyone.

"After receipt and review of the applicant forms, the Human Resources Division (HRD) will begin setting up applicant Structured Interviews. HRD is accepting email requests through September 26, 2016 for the following dates and locations:
              1. October 17, 2016 – October 20, 2016 in Arlington, VA
              2. October 24, 2016 – October 27, 2016 in Atlanta, GA
              3. October 24, 2016 – October 27, 2016 in Sacramento, CA

Applicants who interview during the month of October may be eligible for a December 2016 Basic Training Class. HRD plans to hold other rounds of structured interviews as needed but have not yet determined the dates or locations."
              This probably will delay the USMS Recent Graduate announcement! There is no way the USMS will be finished with interviews before November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
                breaking news alert! breaking news alert!

The "1811 Lateral" vacancy announcement applicants are receiving final offers this week and next for the October class. There will be two FLETC classes for the Laterals. OCT and DEC.

It seems the "wishlist" and "dreamsheets" are just that. I've heard of one guy getting what he requested, most others are having to pick between the lesser f two evils (crappy locations)

Hope you dream of living in D.C. or the on the SWB. Because they have lots of room for you!
                Looks like it's going to be very reminiscent of the 2012 vacancy lol.

Comment

• Haven't heard anything about my interview date/location yet. Those who already interviewed, how long did it take to get your date/location from when you sent off your paperwork?

Comment

• Originally posted by ens189 View Post
                    Haven't heard anything about my interview date/location yet. Those who already interviewed, how long did it take to get your date/location from when you sent off your paperwork?
                    When I sent off my date request, I didn't hear anything not even a "thank you" email which I found strange because all the other emails I sent prior to that, I received a "thank you"email right away.

As a result, I send my date request multiple times thinking that it was getting lost in cyber space. Then the last time I sent it, I received a "thank you" email.

About 20 minutes later, I received the confirmation email but the thing is that I received more than one confirmation email and they were for different times but on the same date I requested. The emails were later rescinded and an email with a "confirmed" confirmation was send.

This made me think that they were receiving ALL the emails I sent but were not reponding and as a result scheduled me for more than one time thinking I was a different applicant and then realized I was only one person.

So to answer your question, it took roughly a week for me to get actual confirmation. I still don't really know if they got all the emails I sent or just the last one.

Maybe they have different people reading the emails and some people send responses and some don't.

I have no clue...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
                      breaking news alert! breaking news alert!

So the December class is just for laterals and not new hires?
                      That's a bummer as I was hoping for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHard View Post

When I sent off my date request, I didn't hear anything not even a "thank you" email which I found strange because all the other emails I sent prior to that, I received a "thank you"email right away.

As a result, I send my date request multiple times thinking that it was getting lost in cyber space. Then the last time I sent it, I received a "thank you" email.

About 20 minutes later, I received the confirmation email but the thing is that I received more than one confirmation email and they were for different times but on the same date I requested. The emails were later rescinded and an email with a "confirmed" confirmation was send.

This made me think that they were receiving ALL the emails I sent but were not reponding and as a result scheduled me for more than one time thinking I was a different applicant and then realized I was only one person.

So to answer your question, it took roughly a week for me to get actual confirmation. I still don't really know if they got all the emails I sent or just the last one.

Maybe they have different people reading the emails and some people send responses and some don't.

I have no clue...
                        Ok, thanks a lot for the response!

Comment

• Is there anyone left that sent the docs requesting an interview date back in the first round that is still waiting to hear ANYTHING back. I got passed up for that one, the Dallas interviews and now it looks like I got passed for interview dates they sent out this week.

Comment

• So looks like I may be pulling my application and freeing up a tentative offer for someone else. Got selected for an IG 1811 gig in a dream location. Best of luck, and I'll see you all at fletc!

Comment

• Originally posted by kyleman View Post
                              So looks like I may be pulling my application and freeing up a tentative offer for someone else. Got selected for an IG 1811 gig in a dream location. Best of luck, and I'll see you all at fletc!
                              Man, those are some of the most coveted positions in federal LE. Congrats bro!

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post

So the December class is just for laterals and not new hires?
                                That's a bummer as I was hoping for that.
                                I can't comment on any FLETC class for your announcement. The 1811 lateral announcement has a DEC class for the BDUSM since we don't need to go through CITP. the entry level announcement is seperate, you'll have your FLETC dates and well have ours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12213 users online. 457 members and 11756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X