300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post

Does anyone know if the recent grad announcement will only be for those that have criminal justice related degrees?
    No, I doubt it matters as long as your within the 2 year time frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by j_shell View Post

I'm no expert but from my understanding the pathways program has 2 different routes. One is the internship and one is the recent graduates. The one coming up will be for recent graduates and sounds like a 1 year developmental program that will most likely turn into a permanent position. According to OPM:
      • Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
      • To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
        • Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
        • Demonstrated successful job performance.
        • Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
      https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...tes/#graduates
      Thanks for the info. I'm relieved their posting recent graduates since, I missed the first two announcements. Their must have been people sitting waiting for the announcement to open because I think each one only lasted 1 day.

Comment

• Originally posted by j_shell View Post

I'm no expert but from my understanding the pathways program has 2 different routes. One is the internship and one is the recent graduates. The one coming up will be for recent graduates and sounds like a 1 year developmental program that will most likely turn into a permanent position. According to OPM:
        • Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
        • To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
          • Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
          • Demonstrated successful job performance.
          • Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
        https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...tes/#graduates
        This program was the USMS Centralized Student Career Experience Program (CSCEP), or CO-OP. This program is no longer active. The USMS Recent Graduate Pathways Program will hire DUSMs that meet the requirements of the program, and send them directly to the academy for training, just like any other USMS open announcement.

Comment

• FYI:

The U.S. Marshals Service has over 2,000 applicants and will contact each applicant at the appropriate time in regards to their application and where they are in the process.

Please feel free to follow up if you have not been contacted in the next 60 days.

U.S. Marshals Service
          Human Resources Division, LEHSP Team

Comment

• Does anyone know if USMS are going to post any openings for DEO and AEO soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
              Submitted my paperwork from the emails that went out this week late last night. Wanted to do it as soon as I got it, but damn 16 hour day at work. If anyone who submitted and requested Arlington, VA wants to PM me, we can stay in touch to see if we move forward together and get an interview, just to keep each other in the loop, as well as maybe share a room. But at a minimum, keep each other posted on if we hear anything.
              I submitted everything within four hours of getting it and then received a confirmation e-mail the next day just saying they received my docs. I picked Arlington as well and I hope to hear something in the next few days as well. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
                Does anyone know if USMS are going to post any openings for DEO and AEO soon?
                It seems like the DEO's are being phased out, just like they were with every other agency that had them. AEO's I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post

It seems like the DEO's are being phased out, just like they were with every other agency that had them. AEO's I have no idea.
                  You may be right. The last time I saw a DEO vacancy was in 2014.

Comment

• People with a TO keep an eye out for contact from the medical department...

Today I received my instructions for the medical exam and got my appointments set up with the clinic I was referred to for the medical testing and the physical.

Best of luck to everyone in this next phase!

Comment

• Picked GA & got my confirmation email back.

Comment

• BOP jus offered me a job, it's weird how that works

Comment

• Got an email after sending in my documents and interview date that said thank you. Guess that's the acknowledgement and I'll wait to hear back with official date and time before making travel plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
                            People with a TO keep an eye out for contact from the medical department...

Today I received my instructions for the medical exam and got my appointments set up with the clinic I was referred to for the medical testing and the physical.

Best of luck to everyone in this next phase!
                            How much of a lead time do they give you on your appointments? I got my TO back in August and should be getting my Medical Scheduled soon.

Comment

• Has anyone interviewed last month not received a TO yet? Does not recieving a TO or word if you pass or fail likely mean you passed the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post

How much of a lead time do they give you on your appointments? I got my TO back in August and should be getting my Medical Scheduled soon.
                                You have a week to schedule everything, but there is no deadline for completion, probably because the various contract clinics have varying availability. I'm able to get the testing done next week but the location I was referred to only has a Doctor there once a week so the first week of October was his earliest appointment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6911 users online. 231 members and 6680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X