300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
    Umm no. Unless things have changed you don't get OT (LEAP) until you make 1811, which I believe is in two years. Most 1811's is immediate, for some reason the Marshals haven't made that jump. This is the reason I'm seriously debating on applying or not. Like most Guys/Gals who are already in LE, it COULD be a huge pay decrease.
    I believe this is the blind leading the blind. Until you reach 1811, you are correct that you do not get LEAP. However, for any time you work over 40 hours, you do get OT. However, because of what you will likely be doing before you get your 1811, you are unlikely to work any OT.

Basically, before 1811, you get OT for hours worked over 40... but don't expect to work any hours over 40.

Also, OT and LEAP are two very different things. LEAP provides a guaranteed payment of 25% of your base salary, regardless of how many hours you work (though, presumably, you will work at least 50). OT, however, is generally uncapped (c.f. AUO), so that if you work 80 hours in one week, you get 40 hours of regular time and 40 hours of OT (1.5x), which is much greater than LEAP.
    Last edited by 3.14 Beans; 02-19-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Blind leading the blind? I pretty much said what you did...lol Although I didn't know about the OT specifically. Thanks for your input.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
        I believe this is the blind leading the blind. Until you reach 1811, you are correct that you do not get LEAP. However, for any time you work over 40 hours, you do get OT. However, because of what you will likely be doing before you get your 1811, you are unlikely to work any OT.

Basically, before 1811, you get OT for hours worked over 40... but don't expect to work any hours over 40.

Also, OT and LEAP are two very different things. LEAP provides a guaranteed payment of 25% of your base salary, regardless of how many hours you work (though, presumably, you will work at least 50). OT, however, is generally uncapped (c.f. AUO), so that if you work 80 hours in one week, you get 40 hours of regular time and 40 hours of OT (1.5x), which is much greater than LEAP.

Another difference between districts. 1811s AND 082s can earn OT on Saturdays. And that happens every Saturday in the bigger, busier districts. Also Holidays. Personally, 6 days a week is a little draining, but the money's there if you want the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by do_some View Post
          Another difference between districts. 1811s AND 082s can earn OT on Saturdays. And that happens every Saturday in the bigger, busier districts. Also Holidays. Personally, 6 days a week is a little draining, but the money's there if you want the work.
          Online assessment completed. Let's see how fast the next steps take.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXICE View Post
            I completed mine last night as well. Same exact S**t as 2012 test. Hopefully since it is all done through this new system, test results will be provided quicker than last time! Good luck to all those who applied...

Comment

• After reading what everyone has been posting, it kinda sounds very difficult for me to even be considered after the exam, considering if they open it to the public....I'm 23 years old, with an associates degree field of study criminal justice (I took some extra electives), I don't have any experience in LE or military unfortunately like the rest of ya'll. Of course, it is a goal to get into the Marshal Service, I was really hoping for that Recent Graduate Pathways Program, of all things that would probably be my better opportunity to at least go that route compared to go for the all out Deputy position. Since I'm only 23, one of the benefits of that is I'm not married, no kids, no "tie downs" here in houston, except my family but they are aware of the path I'm choosing to go down so I'm down with applying anywhere and starting off doing anything so I can put some time in. From what I heard from a Marshal, is they are going to open the Recent Graduate Pathways Program in May, I'm really worried about the requirements and how they will go about selecting people and because I got my associates in May 2014 so my cut-off period is May 2016. So I'm not sure if I would have till the end of May or when May 1st 2016 comes around I'm already not eligible....I guess I'll just wait and see

Comment

• Anyone have a link to their physical fitness test? Do they give different tests for pre-employment and for the academy or just one test standard for both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

"You must score Minimum or higher in all sections of the fitness test in order to pass."

How do they measure body fat%? Anyone know?
                  Different methods give you different results so it would be nice to know what they use, skinfold etc.

I can pass all the physical requirements right now but I am right on the line in my age group for body fat%. I would suggest if your in the same boat, start catering your workouts toward fatloss and up the strictness on the diet.
                  I lost a lot of wait nearly 10 years ago, and now have loose skin that gives the appearance that I have a higher body fat percentage. When I was at FLETC, I was given the caliper test, and still scored fine.

Besides, I don't think the body fat test had anything to do with actually passing FLETC. We had several people who passed the PT, and were definitely overweight (or worse).

In terms of the US Marshals position, I gave up on this job, too competitive. A lot of the job duties sound very similar to what we are doing in ICE ERO.
                  Last edited by TheKansan; 02-20-2016, 07:07 AM.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TXICE View Post
                    Originally posted by kyleman View Post
                    I completed mine last night as well. Same exact S**t as 2012 test. Hopefully since it is all done through this new system, test results will be provided quicker than last time! Good luck to all those who applied...
                    yall were PR apps? don't tell me I missed another regional hiring

Originally posted by Tvas92 View Post
                    After reading what everyone has been posting, it kinda sounds very difficult for me to even be considered after the exam, considering if they open it to the public....I'm 23 years old, with an associates degree field of study criminal justice (I took some extra electives), I don't have any experience in LE or military unfortunately like the rest of ya'll. Of course, it is a goal to get into the Marshal Service, I was really hoping for that Recent Graduate Pathways Program, of all things that would probably be my better opportunity to at least go that route compared to go for the all out Deputy position. Since I'm only 23, one of the benefits of that is I'm not married, no kids, no "tie downs" here in houston, except my family but they are aware of the path I'm choosing to go down so I'm down with applying anywhere and starting off doing anything so I can put some time in. From what I heard from a Marshal, is they are going to open the Recent Graduate Pathways Program in May, I'm really worried about the requirements and how they will go about selecting people and because I got my associates in May 2014 so my cut-off period is May 2016. So I'm not sure if I would have till the end of May or when May 1st 2016 comes around I'm already not eligible....I guess I'll just wait and see
                    yeah unless you get in with the pathways, absolutely no chance

however, isn't the pathways for recent bachelor's grads, not associates?
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post

Thank you for the answer. So it looks like: year 1, huge pay cut. Year 2, less pay cut. Year 3, worth it. Year 4+, good to go.

There's something to be said for job satisfaction. I'm going for it. I'll put the wife back to work lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

from what I have read, if you have an associates, bachelors or anything higher you qualify. The only thing is applying within the two year time frame

Comment

• Did I miss the announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beenaroundtheblk View Post
                            Did I miss the announcement?
                            The one for Vets/Status applicants for Puerto Rico only....Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

I have watched it religiously since 2012. Don't feel bad I missed it too.

Comment

• No worries peoples mores a coming

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10211 users online. 315 members and 9896 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X