Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally received my paperwork and interview email. Here is part of the email some may find interesting. Best of luck everyone.

"After receipt and review of the applicant forms, the Human Resources Division (HRD) will begin setting up applicant Structured Interviews. HRD is accepting email requests through September 26, 2016 for the following dates and locations:
    1. October 17, 2016 – October 20, 2016 in Arlington, VA
    2. October 24, 2016 – October 27, 2016 in Atlanta, GA
    3. October 24, 2016 – October 27, 2016 in Sacramento, CA

Applicants who interview during the month of October may be eligible for a December 2016 Basic Training Class. HRD plans to hold other rounds of structured interviews as needed but have not yet determined the dates or locations."

Comment

• Received my applicant paperwork and interview request yesterday. Already sent everything back, hopefully I hear something soon so I can book my flight before it gets too outrageous.

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
        I just got my "fill out these forms and pick an interview date/city" email.......
        I got the same one.

Comment

• Has anyone from the Dallas interviews heard back yet? Had my interview at the end of last week and haven't heard anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop_86 View Post
            Has anyone from the Dallas interviews heard back yet? Had my interview at the end of last week and haven't heard anything
            I interviewed in the middle of last week (Wednesday) and have not received anything as well.

Comment

• Any chance they're going by last names for interviews? Just hoping I didn't get passed up...or is it just luck of the draw as some have suggested.

Comment

• Originally posted by j_shell View Post
                Any chance they're going by last names for interviews? Just hoping I didn't get passed up...or is it just luck of the draw as some have suggested.
                They are not going by last name, at least not last name only.

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHard View Post

They are not going by last name, at least not last name only.
                  Thanks I was afraid of that

Comment

• Originally posted by j_shell View Post
                    Any chance they're going by last names for interviews? Just hoping I didn't get passed up...or is it just luck of the draw as some have suggested.
                    Don't think last name has anything to do with it. I know an M, P, and J who got their e-mails yesterday.

Comment

• So is this "December 2016" DUSM class going to happen? December is three months away....I don't know how HR is going to push people through and get the rest of the hiring process completed, considering some people are just now getting interview dates in October.

What are the next steps after the interview? The FIT test and the medical exam/drug test. What's after those steps? Is there a psychological exam? Final selection board? What about the background investigation? Those can take months to complete...

Comment

• Does anyone know how the pathways program work? Is this just an internship or a position that turns into a full time job?

Comment

• Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
                          Does anyone know how the pathways program work? Is this just an internship or a position that turns into a full time job?
                          I'm no expert but from my understanding the pathways program has 2 different routes. One is the internship and one is the recent graduates. The one coming up will be for recent graduates and sounds like a 1 year developmental program that will most likely turn into a permanent position. According to OPM:
                          • Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
                          • To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
                            • Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
                            • Demonstrated successful job performance.
                            • Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
                          https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...tes/#graduates

Comment

• Originally posted by ens189 View Post

Don't think last name has anything to do with it. I know an M, P, and J who got their e-mails yesterday.
                            Valid concerns, and as someone who will be interviewing next month I find it hard to believe I'll be in a December class.

That being said, many of us are current fed LEOs with recent backgrounds and I believe they intend to reuse those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

November 2016 for Recent Graduate.
                              Does anyone know if the recent grad announcement will only be for those that have criminal justice related degrees?

Comment

• Submitted my paperwork from the emails that went out this week late last night. Wanted to do it as soon as I got it, but damn 16 hour day at work. If anyone who submitted and requested Arlington, VA wants to PM me, we can stay in touch to see if we move forward together and get an interview, just to keep each other in the loop, as well as maybe share a room. But at a minimum, keep each other posted on if we hear anything.
                                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12187 users online. 407 members and 11780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X