Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone who interviewed in Texas received a TO yet?

    Comment


    • I did my interview in Virginia and haven't received any TO or any notification if I passed or failed. If I have yet to receive any notification is that good or bad news?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TryingHard View Post
        Has anyone who interviewed in Texas received a TO yet?
        I haven't.

        Comment


        • So I take it all the Texas interviews have gone out. Anybody know of anymore interviews coming up?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by j_shell View Post
            So I take it all the Texas interviews have gone out. Anybody know of anymore interviews coming up?
            Nope... radio silence...

            Comment


            • I just got my "fill out these forms and pick an interview date/city" email.......

              Comment


              • Recieved same email today. I know this has been discussed and I've done research. However with two newborn twins my time is limited. But just to confirm new marshals do not receive LEAP until the third year correct? So rough estimate of GL 7 deputy with locality anywhere between 43-48k until that third year.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post
                  Recieved same email today. I know this has been discussed and I've done research. However with two newborn twins my time is limited. But just to confirm new marshals do not receive LEAP until the third year correct? So rough estimate of GL 7 deputy with locality anywhere between 43-48k until that third year.
                  Correct. You will not receive LEAP until you are converted to a 1811. If you are hired under this announcement as a GL-7 the conversion will occur when you reach GS-11.

                  Comment


                  • Maybe someone on here can answer this. Currently a GS12 step 2/leap. If I take this position what will the pay structure be. Will I be set at GS7step10. The following year GS9 step10 due to (HPR) ? And then GS11 step ( Match highest previous rate)/ plus leap. Was wondering how this all works as it is a huge pay cut.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ski181 View Post

                      Correct. You will not receive LEAP until you are converted to a 1811. If you are hired under this announcement as a GL-7 the conversion will occur when you reach GS-11.

                      Thanks. Not very much at the outset first couple years. Something to consider.

                      Comment


                      • Got my email with forms today as well. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel Probably due to requiring people to go to corners of the country to interview.

                        Current Fed, some college but didn't claim on application, and a reservist but no vet points or vet status, so on paper I am basically a federal agent applicant and nothing else.

                        EDIT: The SF-86 in my email is only one page; isn't it supposed to be more?
                        Last edited by battlewagon; 09-20-2016, 07:44 PM.
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                        honor first

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          Got my email with forms today as well. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel Probably due to requiring people to go to corners of the country to interview.

                          Current Fed, some college but didn't claim on application, and a reservist but no vet points or vet status, so on paper I am basically a federal agent applicant and nothing else.

                          EDIT: The SF-86 in my email is only one page; isn't it supposed to be more?
                          Its the authorization for them to review your current SSBI and possibly use it instead of them doing a whole new one.

                          Comment


                          • ^rog, i was asking because it has the box in the corner saying put something in it and continue to next page.

                            Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                            Even the people doing the interviews don't have good Intel.

                            This hiring is so ****ed.

                            Why don't they just equip USAJOBS with a virtual roulette board?
                            Wouldnt be any less accurate than what people are speculating on posting here, so might as well.

                            I wonder if putting your 5 wish list spots in super hard to get areas would prevent you from receiving offers elsewhere? Talked to my BP classmate who is now a USMS, and he stated my home region is very tough to get. Some agencies will only offer you spots in the region or offices you apply in, some will acknowledge but offer you where they need places like the SWB, and some like USBP just completely disregard your wish list haha
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                            honor first

                            Comment


                            • My interview group consisted of myself (OFO), a BP Agent, and an ERO Officer. Looks like everyone is trying to get out of the immigration game.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by zerowill View Post
                                A.) Did anyone else with a TO receive an email from someone in HR this afternoon?

                                B.) Did anyone else find it odd?

                                Really?!....Care to share?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10387 users online. 505 members and 9882 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X