300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
    Anyone with a TO receive any further contact yet on the next phases? I thought it was a little odd how every next step is "they will contact you", but the email said to read the TO very carefully. Anyways, I figure something should be happening soon; it's been two weeks and it's only about three months out from the rumoured first class.
    I think the wording of "read the TO very carefully" is referring to few times within the email that they state things like "this is not a job offer" "do not alert your employers at this time" etc, etc- to be sure that it is understood so there are no hurt feelings.
    use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• I hope for everyone's sake currently in the process the government does not shut down at the end of the month. Unfortunately for us who are already feds this has been an annual tradition.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
        I hope for everyone's sake currently in the process the government does not shut down at the end of the month. Unfortunately for us who are already feds this has been an annual tradition.
        I think we're good this time. The guys that interviewed me said they only picked up roughly 100 people from the 2012 announcement, and said the marshalsare planning to fill a lot of positions. They've got to be hurtin for bodies. But... never know..

Comment

• Originally posted by kyleman View Post
          I think we're good this time. The guys that interviewed me said they only picked up roughly 100 people from the 2012 announcement, and said the marshalsare planning to fill a lot of positions. They've got to be hurtin for bodies. But... never know..
          Agreed, everything I have heard and seen suggests a vastly different hiring push when compared to the 2012 failure. I am in the referred but no interview boat with the others...which is ironically a good thing for me because I just injured my back during a workout and can hardly stand. Something to keep in mind while you keep in shape everyone, push yourself but listen to your body and backoff if you need to. I'm out for atleast 2 weeks training and am so grateful I don't have the PT test in that timeframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
            Agreed, everything I have heard and seen suggests a vastly different hiring push when compared to the 2012 failure. I am in the referred but no interview boat with the others...which is ironically a good thing for me because I just injured my back during a workout and can hardly stand. Something to keep in mind while you keep in shape everyone, push yourself but listen to your body and backoff if you need to. I'm out for atleast 2 weeks training and am so grateful I don't have the PT test in that timeframe.
            No can do. Deadlifts and squats are my bread and butter. lol

Hopefully you heal up in time to do that PT test. It's most likely a month or more out before the pt even for those with TOs. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyleman View Post
              The USMS had at least 6 classes of 48 from the 2012 announcement. Definitely more than 100 were hired from that announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
                The USMS had at least 6 classes of 48 from the 2012 announcement. Definitely more than 100 were hired from that announcement.
                rgr, just goin off what the interviewers told me. thanks for clarification.

Comment

• Even the people doing the interviews don't have good Intel.

This hiring is so ****ed.

Why don't they just equip USAJOBS with a virtual roulette board?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• So what is the USMS looking for in terms of new hires? Military exp? Police exp? etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                      So what is the USMS looking for in terms of new hires? Military exp? Police exp? etc?
                      Nobody knows... They're just passing out lottery tickets basically...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                        Even the people doing the interviews don't have good Intel.
                        When I went to my interview, the interviewers said they were all Deputies who were just put on TDY to do interviews, so they said not to ask anything HR related as they had no clue.

While people are mentioning fitness, does anyone know the time standard for push ups and sit-ups? I'm assuming it's one minute but I can't find anything except for the standards.

Comment

• The time limit is 1 minute for the push-ups and sit-ups.
                          USMS timeline
                          Applied:June 2016
                          Rating 99
                          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                          Fed LEO (6 years)
                          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• A.) Did anyone else with a TO receive an email from someone in HR this afternoon?

B.) Did anyone else find it odd?

Comment

• Been quiet around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
                                A.) Did anyone else with a TO receive an email from someone in HR this afternoon?

B.) Did anyone else find it odd?
                                Yes and yes lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7227 users online. 386 members and 6841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X