300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
    A 100 isn't necessarily the highest score attainable. The first time a position is listed, you could only get 100, but instead of completely rebuilding the assessment program, points get added and taken off over the years until only some HR guru has any idea what the max points can be.
    Exactly. Veteran's preference doesn't count on this type of announcement. The 101's we're seeing are just a product of the max point phenomenon you're describing here.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ive/vet-guide/
    A Word About VEOA

The VEOA gives preference eligibles or veterans access and opportunity to apply for positions for which the agency is accepting applications beyond its own workforce under merit promotion procedures. Access and opportunity are not an entitlement to the position and it is not a guarantee for selection.

Agencies announcing a position outside their workforces have three options for posting their vacancy announcements. Agencies can:

Post a merit promotion "internal" vacancy announcement. When posting a merit promotion announcement, the agency must include information concerning consideration under the VEOA. This option meets the intent of the law that allows preference eligibles or veterans to compete with "status" candidates for these vacancies announced under merit promotion procedures.

VEOA eligibles are rated and ranked with other merit promotion candidates under the same assessment criteria such as a crediting plan; however, veterans' preference is not applied. The appointing official may select any candidate from those who are among the best qualified. If selected, the VEOA eligible is given a career or career-conditional appointment, as appropriate.
    It seems like they're going by the online assessment scores for TO's anyway, because people with pretty drastically different scores are hearing back at the same time.
    Last edited by Updown; 02-13-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• I believe people are getting interviews based off the assessment score. The higher you score in your group/category the better chances of an interview. There were probably not a lot of non vets who scored super high, therefore, were seeing people with a score as low as 88's getting referred. Maybe it has a certain number of vets and non vets its pushing through. Also Im seeing people with non Criminal Justice degrees not get selected. Chime in!
      Last edited by Njw85; 02-13-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
        I believe people are getting interviews based off the assessment score. The higher you score in your group/category the better chances of an interview. There were prpbably not alout of non vets who scored suoer high, therefor, were seeing people with 88's get referred. Maybe it has a certain number of vets and non vets its pushing through. Also Im seeing people with non Criminal Justice degrees not get selected. Chime in!
        It's very difficult to understand what you wrote, but vets don't get any extra points on a Status Candidates announcement like this one. I don't know where degrees factor in.
        Last edited by Updown; 02-13-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I believe people are getting interviews based off the assessment score. The higher you score in your group/category the better chances of an interview. There were prpbably not alout of non vets who scored suoer high, therefor, were seeing people with 88's get referred. Maybe it has a certain number of vets and non vets its pushing through. Also Im seeing people with non Criminal Justice degrees not get selected. Chime in!
          I don't think this is true. I got a 97 and there are people with lower scores getting interviews. 5 point vet as well. As I posted before, I spoke to a DC recruiter who told me it was not going by assessment scores to his knowledge. I think it's just random.

Comment

• Just to add to the confusion of how this process works:

87 on assessment
            Ineligible under Merit Promotion
            Referred under Non-Competitive
            Received Tentative Offer day after I interviewed

Comment

• It has to be random. 84. 2 years CBP and a BA in CJ. Had interview on the 31st.

Comment

• Has anyone out there that received a tentative offer received any calls to, or start completing the next steps? I've been staring at my email/phone non stop for a week now.

Comment

• This message was deleted!
                  Last edited by Njw85; 02-13-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbsellards1 View Post
                    I don't think this is true. I got a 97 and there are people with lower scores getting interviews. 5 point vet as well. As I posted before, I spoke to a DC recruiter who told me it was not going by assessment scores to his knowledge. I think it's just random.
                    Sbsellards,

Did you get referred or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by kyleman View Post
                      Has anyone out there that received a tentative offer received any calls to, or start completing the next steps? I've been staring at my email/phone non stop for a week now.
                      Nope, not yet. They finished up the first round of interviews in VA today so the medical folks should reach out pretty soon.

Comment

Sbsellards,

Did you get referred or not?

I was referred under 3 hiring authorities. Never received any follow on emails for an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbsellards1 View Post
                          I was referred under 3 hiring authorities. Never received any follow on emails for an interview.
                          Exactly, you got an 97 and you were referred. Another round of interviews is going to be in two weeks from what I heard. Just sit tight. The USMS hasn't forgotten about you lol.

Comment

Exactly, you got an 97 and you were referred. Another round of interviews is going to be in two weeks from what I heard. Just sit tight. The USMS hasn't forgotten about you lol.
                            Yeah I'm not worried about it too much. I was just saying I don't think they're going by assessment score.

Comment

• 2012 all over again. People throwing out random theories and some reading it as fact.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Has anyone who got an interview invite to the second round received their interview confirmation yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9713 users online. 427 members and 9286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X