• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JobberStatus View Post
    I'll jump in on this...

5 yr fed police
    89 on assessment
    non-vet

interviewed last Mon, TO on Friday...

wish I knew what exactly the TO meant, if it means "going" to get hired pending successful med/bi/fit, or if it simply means in the smaller pool of applicants- perhaps now a couple hundred of us, down from several thousand?
    Yeah just means you're in a smaller pool, a TO doesn't guarantee you'll get hired just that you can continue on with the process

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JobberStatus View Post
      I'll jump in on this...

5 yr fed police
      89 on assessment
      non-vet

interviewed last Mon, TO on Friday...

wish I knew what exactly the TO meant, if it means "going" to get hired pending successful med/bi/fit, or if it simply means in the smaller pool of applicants- perhaps now a couple hundred of us, down from several thousand?
      It is my understanding that a TO basically means you have a job as long as you pass the rest of the process. I don't think they will pull the offer as long as you pass everything.

Comment

• For those that haven't received an interview yet, don't lose hope. Spoke to a recruiter out of DC who told me they will be using this list to interview/hire for a while. I asked if they were going by scores and he made it sound like the first group was really just random. I have not received an interview offer and my background is:

Current GS-12 Fed Leo
        97 score
        5 point vet pref

Comment

• Judging by every thread from the previous announcements, they will continue to do interviews until November as their first email stated. In the mean time they will issue more and more TOs as people pass along in the process. As more and more people interview, others that were offered a TO can still be bumped down the list as scores come in.

Alot of people made it through the entire process incredibly fast on previous announcements to never get a call or a class date as they were bumped down the list from other applicants.

The TO is a really good sign but certainly not a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination. Interviews will keep going out for the next couple of months until the end of November as previously discussed.

Keep the running shows on.
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
            Judging by every thread from the previous announcements, they will continue to do interviews until November as their first email stated. In the mean time they will issue more and more TOs as people pass along in the process. As more and more people interview, others that were offered a TO can still be bumped down the list as scores come in.

Alot of people made it through the entire process incredibly fast on previous announcements to never get a call or a class date as they were bumped down the list from other applicants.

The TO is a really good sign but certainly not a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination. Interviews will keep going out for the next couple of months until the end of November as previously discussed.

Keep the running shows on.
            the email also stated that you'd have to be interviewed during the August dates to be eligible for a December class. of course, ultimately they can do what they want, but I have to assume that those that made it to an August date and received a TO are in a much smaller pool than those that didn't.

or wishful thinking.
            use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• The email for the second round of interviews also stated eligibility for a December class.

Comment

• Hopefully the interview emails keeps rolling out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Delete>>>>
                  Last edited by matt_laut; 03-04-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
                    Congrats too all the candidates who got TOs, have anyone heard when the next applicant pool should open up? Either regular applicant pool or Recent Grad applicant pool?
                    November 2016 for Recent Graduate.

Comment

• Does anyone have any information on how many applications the USMS will accept for the Recent Graduate announcement? Maybe 5000 like the last?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                        Does anyone have any information on how many applications the USMS will accept for the Recent Graduate announcement? Maybe 5000 like the last?
                        Also how strict are they about the 2 years from graduating rule?

Comment

• For those of you who interviewed in the first round, how long did it take to hear back with your confirmed interview date after you submitted your availability date email?

When I sent my "unable to attend" email in the first round, I received a reply email the next day. I sent my availability date email for the second round two days ago but haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Covert_13 View Post
                            Also how strict are they about the 2 years from graduating rule?
                            Im pretty sure OPM is strict about that. Its a rule for being qualified. If you graduated over two years ago, I would not waste my time and apply simply to be told, "no."

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHard View Post
                              For those of you who interviewed in the first round, how long did it take to hear back with your confirmed interview date after you submitted your availability date email?

When I sent my "unable to attend" email in the first round, I received a reply email the next day. I sent my availability date email for the second round two days ago but haven't heard anything.
                              I asked for anything after October 1 and never recieved a response, not even a "Message recieved"
                              USMS timeline
                              Applied:June 2016
                              Rating 99
                              Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                              Fed LEO (6 years)
                              USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                              Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• I think the interview went well. Time to play the waiting game.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8252 users online. 362 members and 7890 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X