Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the announcements are supposed to come out by region...are we going to be able to apply to several regions?

I don't understand what would prevent you from doing so if they are separate announcements and I figure most will try to do so to have a better shot at employment

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
      Since the announcements are supposed to come out by region...are we going to be able to apply to several regions?

I don't understand what would prevent you from doing so if they are separate announcements and I figure most will try to do so to have a better shot at employment
      I was thinking the same thing. I imagine nearly everyone is going to apply to all announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. I imagine nearly everyone is going to apply to all announcements.
        Seems it would make more sense to make one announcement and you could only select one region.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
          Seems it would make more sense to make one announcement and you could only select one region.
          You sure are asking a lot out of the government...

Comment

• Not sure if it has already been posted here but it was mentioned that the announcements are only open to federal employees and status candidates. They currently do not have plans for a civilian announcement, unless the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Federal employees and status candidates? Really, where is that information posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                Federal employees and status candidates? Really, where is that information posted?
                The last posting (2/16/16) was status and Vets only, but I don't think that means future ones will be. I imagine that the pathways one won't be the same way, but you never really know what the government is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
                  Do you have to have a degree to be eligible or does time as a LEO count in place of one?
                  No degree, 10 point vet fed Leo got hired from 2012 announcement.

Comment

Federal employees and status candidates? Really, where is that information posted?
                    Has yet to be posted on the USMS website. But it was mentioned they are working to update that website.

Comment

• Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
                      Has yet to be posted on the USMS website. But it was mentioned they are working to update that website.

thanks

Comment

The text of an apparent memo was posted on the 2012 DUSM thread that alluded to this as well.

http://forums.officer.com/t175516-549/#post3823617

Comment

• Confused by all the, "My name is in the hat" talk. The announcement hasn't posted yet, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                            Confused by all the, "My name is in the hat" talk. The announcement hasn't posted yet, correct?
                            There was a post that came out only for PR. An earlier memo already established that it would be a test for them to check their new process. A few more to follow this month apparently. So to answer your question - yes and no.

Comment

• So the salary is as advertised in the posting but I'm presuming the pay is hourly, not straight salary, correct? ie Time and 1/2 over 40 hours, etc? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshalwannabe View Post
                                So the salary is as advertised in the posting but I'm presuming the pay is hourly, not straight salary, correct? ie Time and 1/2 over 40 hours, etc? Thanks in advance.
                                Umm no. Unless things have changed you don't get OT (LEAP) until you make 1811, which I believe is in two years. Most 1811's is immediate, for some reason the Marshals haven't made that jump. This is the reason I'm seriously debating on applying or not. Like most Guys/Gals who are already in LE, it COULD be a huge pay decrease.
                                Last edited by 173rd_the_Herd; 02-19-2016, 07:35 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9796 users online. 359 members and 9437 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X