300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Hey guys, just thought I'd take the liberty to create a new Marshals thread for the upcoming announcement(s) so we can get away from all the nonsense on the old one. Let's try to be adults on this one.

I'm a recently-former intern for the U.S. Marshals so this new announcement has me really excited. Good luck to everyone when it finally drops!

Thanks for starting the thread. I'm just hoping I don't sleep through the posting and miss out!

Comment

As a former inter, do you have any contacts you can make to find out the date and time of the posting?

Comment

Originally posted by dsw2013 View Post
        As a former inter, do you have any contacts you can make to find out the date and time of the posting?
        Anyone I've talked to doesn't know of any particular dates. The last thing I heard was that there would be an announcement in the summer, which has since been confirmed by the posting on the Marshals website.

Comment

My border patrol classmate who got on with them said they pretty much exclusively hire vets. He was one, SF Intel.

I'm in the reserves but don't get vet status or points.

Good luck non-vets
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            My border patrol classmate who got on with them said they pretty much exclusively hire vets. He was one, SF Intel.

Good luck non-vets
            I've also heard that but I know a few that have no military background. I've also been told that they tried to really push hiring only those with military experience in the last announcement and it made the whole process a mess so they may try to shy away from that this time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ston View Post
              I've also heard that but I know a few that have no military background. I've also been told that they tried to really push hiring only those with military experience in the last announcement and it made the whole process a mess so they may try to shy away from that this time.
              Yeah I mean I'm sure it wasn't 100% vet but i m sure the nonvets had something seriously valuable or big to bring to the table. I still have 2 years on my degree so for the time being I'm a lowly high school graduate border patrol agent ha

honor first

Comment

Subscribed. Vet and LEO, Applied into 2012 and was placed in a "best qualified category". Never heard back after the first few emails. I believe two classes were pushed through. Ill also be putting in for this vacancy. Good luck everyone.

Comment

I saw this thread and my heart sank.... I thought there was a new announcement........

I for one cannot wait until the next announcement. 10-PT Vet., current LEO, Bachelors Degree, and tri-lingual. Hopefully I can get on with these guys before my hairline starts receding, and before my 30th birthday.
                  "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Good luck non-vets

From previous announcements, just being a vet wasn't even enough. You had to be able to claim disabled status.

Coming Soon! USMS Recent Graduate Pathways Program

Haha, great. I finished my master's degree two years ago this month, and I was never even referred for a single Pathways position I applied for. Considering vets get six years to apply, which may as well be eternity as far as this goes, there is absolutely no point to the program. They are hiring from the same exact pool of people who apply to any other position.

Going into the Army CID's program, not knocking vets, just the program. Just another useless Obama EO. The FCIP worked fine.
                    Last edited by Culper1773; 02-14-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
                      I saw this thread and my heart sank.... I thought there was a new announcement........

I for one cannot wait until the next announcement. 10-PT Vet., current LEO, Bachelors Degree, and tri-lingual. Hopefully I can get on with these guys before my hairline starts receding, and before my 30th birthday.
                      There will be this month supposedly. You sound like a shoe in for sure with that resume.
                      Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
                      From previous announcements, just being a vet wasn't even enough. You had to be able to claim disabled status.
                      i dont think my buddy had disabled, and if he did it wasnt one of those 30% that get you noncompetitive. ill message him tonight see if he can provide insight

honor first

Comment

i dont think my buddy had disabled, and if he did it wasnt one of those 30% that get you noncompetitive. ill message him tonight see if he can provide insight

I explicitly remember the e-mail saying that only disabled vets were being considered but I have no idea who they ended up hiring, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
                          I explicitly remember the e-mail saying that only disabled vets were being considered but I have no idea who they ended up hiring, obviously.
                          I know at least two that were hired in the last announcement in their home district with 0 military experience. They did have local LEO experience and worked on a federal task force.

Comment

Keep in mind that these upcoming announcements are targeting current federal employees. I am all for vets getting their preference, but those who are local/state LEOs may not have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                              Keep in mind that these upcoming announcements are targeting current federal employees. I am all for vets getting their preference, but those who are local/state LEOs may not have a shot.
                              Really? It doesn't say that on their site, is that inside info? I see they are going to go Pathways too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10165 users online. 356 members and 9809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X