300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSA 1811 First 300 Applicants Feb 8-12, 2016

Social Security Administration is looking for a few Criminal Investigators. This announcement is open to ALL United States citizens. The catch is they are in "less than desirable" locations but I guess if you want it bad enough you will make it happen! Omaha Nebraska, St Paul Minnesota, and Little Rock Arkansas. Only the first 300 will be considered.
    https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428456900

No disrespect was meant to people from or in those locations.

I have a colleague whom I went to CITP with and the stuff SSA OIG gets involved with is pretty expansive. His particular office is working cases ranging from ID Theft to human trafficking as part of a joint task force. A great agency to work for if you want to diversify your investigative experience.
    Last edited by kwaz; 02-08-2016, 07:14 AM.

Good heads up, Kwaz.
    Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 02-08-2016, 07:33 AM. Reason: I was wrong.

Comment

Thanks! Just applied.

Comment

Threw my hat in the ring as well...

Comment

ALCON, there are two separate announcements. One for GS7 and another for GS9.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
            Social Security Administration is looking for a few Criminal Investigators. This announcement is open to ALL United States citizens. The catch is they are in "less than desirable" locations but I guess if you want it bad enough you will make it happen! Omaha Nebraska, St Paul Minnesota, and Little Rock Arkansas. Only the first 300 will be considered.
            https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428456900

No disrespect was meant to people from or in those locations.

I have a colleague whom I went to CITP with and the stuff SSA OIG gets involved with is pretty expansive. His particular office is working cases ranging from ID Theft to human trafficking as part of a joint task force. A great agency to work for if you want to diversify your investigative experience.
            Omaha is considered less than desirable? Wow, I thought I won the lottery when I got Omaha, but that is after spending 4 years living in Willcox, AZ. We aren't talking about some small town in the middle of nowhere here. Omaha is quite nice.

Just noticed the job only goes to GS-12. That sucks. At ICE we work with SSA often due to illegal aliens often using stolen social security numbers and committing ID theft and fraud.
            Last edited by TheKansan; 02-08-2016, 06:52 PM.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I applied earlier today as well.

Comment

Anyone select the Little Rock location? That was probably the easiest questionnaire I've filled out in awhile

Comment

Didn't get to apply until nearly 3pm...we'll see

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Omaha is considered less than desirable? Wow, I thought I won the lottery when I got Omaha, but that is after spending 4 years living in Willcox, AZ. We aren't talking about some small town in the middle of nowhere here. Omaha is quite nice.

Just noticed the job only goes to GS-12. That sucks. At ICE we work with SSA often due to illegal aliens often using stolen social security numbers and committing ID theft and fraud.
                    Omaha can't be that bad! Peyton Manning yelled it 25 times yesterday!

Comment

I applied for both openings this morning, although admittedly this is my first time trying to tackle USA Jobs. I've been Google'ing like crazy trying to find good information about KSA responses. Quick question related to these specific listings:

One of them had over 80 yes/no questions on the questionnaire (the GS7 I believe). I was able to answer yes to the majority of these questions. Am I supposed to go back into my resume and write supporting statements for every single yes answer? Or does this really only apply to the 1-5 scoring method I've seen on other questionnaires (no experience->supervised others). Being that the opening is closing tonight, it seems nearly impossible to accomplish something like this.

Don't know if it's relevant to the question, but my qualifications are really just 10 point vet preference and a masters degree.
                      "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Comment

"Less desirable" was probably the wrong terminology for me to use. I probably should have said the listings aren't east or west coast centric. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
                          Anyone select the Little Rock location? That was probably the easiest questionnaire I've filled out in awhile
                          The GS-7 was far more difficult to fill out than the GS-9. I have no clue what I did in high school. Sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                            "Less desirable" was probably the wrong terminology for me to use. I probably should have said the listings aren't east or west coast centric. My bad.
                            A lot of east and west coast cities are what I would consider less desirable. Especially places like San Francisco.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Additionally, for people from middle America it is really difficult to get back there as an 1811. There are tons of 1811's in the 3 letter, cool guy agencies that would kill to get to Omaha, St. Paul among the many other cities in that part of the world. The sad truth is a lot of those men and women are posted to places where there is more of an 1811 presence: Southwest Border, NYC, DC, Miami, Los Angeles, San Fran, etc. Those individuals spend a great bulk of their careers battling to get back closer to home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10127 users online. 394 members and 9733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X