300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with this? RE: Vision correction

All - in the process for IRS-CID right now. Awaiting Tentative offer.

I'm looking into eye correction as my eyes are garbage.

I'm not a candidate for LASIK but I am a candidate for ICL (implantable Collamer Lens).

All of the job vacancies specify standards for LASIK/PRK, but make no mention of ICL.

How can I make sure that ICL will be accepted by CI? I don't want to drop 8k for nothing.

Originally posted by dp215
    All - in the process for IRS-CID right now. Awaiting Tentative offer.
    Hi dp215,

I'm looking into eye correction as my eyes are garbage.
    Perhaps you could please be more specific -- e.g. myopia, astigmatism (e.g. in diopters of spherical equivalent, or of manifest refractive cylinder) -- or at least how far from 20/20 you are in acuity ...

I'm not a candidate for LASIK
    Can you perhaps specify the disqualifying condition(s)?

but I am a candidate for ICL (implantable Collamer Lens).
    Are you a candidate for any non-LASIK procedure that does not require artificial corneal implantation?

All of the job vacancies specify standards for LASIK/PRK, but make no mention of ICL.
    Obviously that's something you should check with the agencies to which you might wish to apply -- presumably they know all the candidate requirements.

How can I make sure that ICL will be accepted by CI? I don't want to drop 8k for nothing.
    You can ask the agency. Your eyes and vision are of course important anyway. Most tonic ICL recipients surveyed report doing well with them after years, but some get visible prismatic spectra effects and/or other unintended consequences.

Best wishes to you in your endeavors.
    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 01-13-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, take the advice of Monty regarding LE. He is NOT a cop, has NO experience as a cop, and has been proven wrong on every one of his LE posts.

Would you buy a gun from a drug dealer? No. The same applies to Monty. Listen to his "advice" at your peril.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Go here (Page XI-41) for a brief discussion of ICL and police work: http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/...ookmark#Phakic Intraocular Lenses

While these are California's standards, the principles supporting them are fairy universal.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9416 users online. 320 members and 9096 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X