Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hhs oig

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    Are you DHS already by chance?
    No sir. I just mentioned those listings as an fyi. I work for hhs....


    On that note HHS has a new vacancy for internal candidates only. This is the second one I have seen in the last year and to my knowledge they didn't hire anyone off of the last internal only vacancy and if they did it reached no where near the "many vacancies" they advertise.

    Comment


    • A new Recent Graduates opening went up today. It closes on Friday, or after the first 50 applicants. Location is Miami Lakes, FL.

      https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445412300/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Moose225 View Post
        A new Recent Graduates opening went up today. It closes on Friday, or after the first 50 applicants. Location is Miami Lakes, FL.

        https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445412300/
        Hopefully they actually hire someone instead of canceling the vacancy like so many other agencies.

        Comment


        • Just when you think you've seen it all from HR. lol In the middle of the day they changed it to "First 50 applicants." If that doesn't reek of already having a person in mind I don't know what does.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kwaz View Post
            Just when you think you've seen it all from HR. lol In the middle of the day they changed it to "First 50 applicants." If that doesn't reek of already having a person in mind I don't know what does.
            I saw the post come up the night before (I'm in the west coast), and it already stated the 50 first applicants.. So should I not bother applying to positions that post 50-150 first applicants? Does that basically mean they have an internal candidate already in mind? If thats the case I can scratch off 3 applications lol...

            Comment


            • Yes, it sure as hell does. But you may be one of the lucky few who get your chain yanked to come for an interview, blow some money on travel and a hotel, miss some work, just so they can fill there interview quota...

              Originally posted by jfkae View Post
              I saw the post come up the night before (I'm in the west coast), and it already stated the 50 first applicants.. So should I not bother applying to positions that post 50-150 first applicants? Does that basically mean they have an internal candidate already in mind? If thats the case I can scratch off 3 applications lol...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jfkae View Post
                I saw the post come up the night before (I'm in the west coast), and it already stated the 50 first applicants.. So should I not bother applying to positions that post 50-150 first applicants? Does that basically mean they have an internal candidate already in mind? If thats the case I can scratch off 3 applications lol...
                You are correct. They normally tell the candidate they want what time it's going to post so they can be one of the first. Last time I was at fletc it seemed like half the OIG agents were working in their office as a non-leo. All and all I think I have seen some of the shadiest hiring practices since I've been in the fed. I can see where it would get discouraging for an outsider trying to break in

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                  Yes, it sure as hell does. But you may be one of the lucky few who get your chain yanked to come for an interview, blow some money on travel and a hotel, miss some work, just so they can fill there interview quota...
                  This! The best is when you have Intel that the person is already been unofficially selected in their office and they act all surprised when you decline an in person interview knowing full well it would cost you all the things you previously mentioned. It's like what!?! You don't want to spend $500 on a plane ticket, another $100 for the hotel and miss work all for a job we have all but promised someone else. Who wouldn't want that!?lol

                  Comment


                  • Exactly, been there/done that, with this agency in particular. I started getting those funny vibes through indirect hints that I basically blew money, time, and leave to drive for hours even though they knew before I walked in that I wasn't getting the job. Almost wished I told them that when I started sensing it and just thanked them for wasting my time. It's terrible. I don't know how they can do this to people. My family could have definitely benefited from the money I wasted on that joke and I could certainly have used my leave from something worthwhile. What a sad way to treat people. Shame on them and shame on our country for allowing such deceptive and misleading behavior.

                    Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                    This! The best is when you have Intel that the person is already been unofficially selected in their office and they act all surprised when you decline an in person interview knowing full well it would cost you all the things you previously mentioned. It's like what!?! You don't want to spend $500 on a plane ticket, another $100 for the hotel and miss work all for a job we have all but promised someone else. Who wouldn't want that!?lol

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                      Exactly, been there/done that, with this agency in particular. I started getting those funny vibes through indirect hints that I basically blew money, time, and leave to drive for hours even though they knew before I walked in that I wasn't getting the job. Almost wished I told them that when I started sensing it and just thanked them for wasting my time. It's terrible. I don't know how they can do this to people. My family could have definitely benefited from the money I wasted on that joke and I could certainly have used my leave from something worthwhile. What a sad way to treat people. Shame on them and shame on our country for allowing such deceptive and misleading behavior.
                      Folks, I hate to come down on your theories but I find it a bit unfair that you have all this built up animosity to our heroes from HR. Their kids and friends need criminal investigator jobs just as much as the assistant director's nephew and the group survisor's cousin. How dare you gripe about the fraud err cronyism err fair and honest hiring practices across the government? I trust that Hilary has plans and individuals in place already so that the right thing can continue to be done í*½í¸‰

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                        Exactly, been there/done that, with this agency in particular. I started getting those funny vibes through indirect hints that I basically blew money, time, and leave to drive for hours even though they knew before I walked in that I wasn't getting the job. Almost wished I told them that when I started sensing it and just thanked them for wasting my time. It's terrible. I don't know how they can do this to people. My family could have definitely benefited from the money I wasted on that joke and I could certainly have used my leave from something worthwhile. What a sad way to treat people. Shame on them and shame on our country for allowing such deceptive and misleading behavior.
                        Same. When I first got into the fed and was taking interviews I was commended by employers for not even requesting telephone or skype interviews and automatically being gung ho in fronting the travel costs to and from interviews. It only takes one time to be burned and I can absolutely see why candidates request those now. I don't believe traveling to an interview on your own dime makes you any more or any less qualified for the position. It may even come across as a bit desperate?I don't know. I do know that one interview a month out of town can start to add up.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 9450 users online. 396 members and 9054 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X