300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hhs oig

Hiring right now for Vets on USAJOBS....

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425687900

Anyone know if there is a chance this goes to all U.S. citizens after the vet announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by dp215 View Post
      Anyone know if there is a chance this goes to all U.S. citizens after the vet announcement?
      I surely hope it is one after the Vet announcement.

Comment

Who knows? I will say this, though... they put up three announcements with 22 different locations, each of which have "multiple openings," so it looks like they are trying to hire a sizable amount of people.

Comment

HR told me once this current announcement closes, there will be a recent grad announcement soon thereafter. I followed up asking if an Open ALL will then open up.

IMO it's absurd that they'll offer a 7/9 1811 spot to a recent graduate, but not to folks who have much more experience. May sound like sour grapes to you, but if I'm building an agency for maximum efficiency and not a lot of cash, I'd hire the most experienced.

Comment

HR told me once this current announcement closes, there will be a recent grad announcement soon thereafter. I followed up asking if an Open ALL will then open up.

IMO it's absurd that they'll offer a 7/9 1811 spot to a recent graduate, but not to folks who have much more experience. May sound like sour grapes to you, but if I'm building an agency for maximum efficiency and not a lot of cash, I'd hire the most experienced.
            It is absurd only vets and now recent grads get in. The government said the hell with the US Citizens. I agree I would hire the most experienced aswell. One thing for the vets I can see if they had medical experience during their time with the military I'm all for it. If they Recent grad from their Master's Degree then yes give them a shot also. If it ain't one of those then experience US Citizens should get picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
              It is absurd only vets and now recent grads get in. The government said the hell with the US Citizens. I agree I would hire the most experienced aswell. One thing for the vets I can see if they had medical experience during their time with the military I'm all for it. If they Recent grad from their Master's Degree then yes give them a shot also. If it ain't one of those then experience US Citizens should get picked up.
              I'm not even upset about the Vets. They did their time and by all means if they're qualified, go for it. But recent grads? C'mon. It's hard not to sound butthurt but when you've been working towards a position like this for a few years and get told you can't have it because recent graduates get first dibs, it's a little bit shocking. Just my .02. Enough! haha

Comment

I'm not even upset about the Vets. They did their time and by all means if they're qualified, go for it. But recent grads? C'mon. It's hard not to sound butthurt but when you've been working towards a position like this for a few years and get told you can't have it because recent graduates get first dibs, it's a little bit shocking. Just my .02. Enough! haha
                Recent grads are easy to mode into HHS liking. People with experience ain't go for the BS because they been around to long to know how management BS works.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                  Recent grads are easy to mode into HHS liking. People with experience ain't go for the BS because they been around to long to know how management BS works.
                  HHS employee here. All I can say is don't put too much stock in these announcements. The last one went no where in terms of giving anyone a shot who didn't have medical fraud investigation experience. I encourage people to put in for it but certainly don't bank on them being proactive or expedient with the hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                    HHS employee here. All I can say is don't put too much stock in these announcements. The last one went no where in terms of giving anyone a shot who didn't have medical fraud investigation experience. I encourage people to put in for it but certainly don't bank on them being proactive or expedient with the hiring.
                    Thanks for the heads up. The questionnaire for this announcement did not seem to screen for medical experience at all. Is this something they evaluate at interviews? I would think if they wanted to save money they would have had questions oriented towards medical investigations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FutRTrPR View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up. The questionnaire for this announcement did not seem to screen for medical experience at all. Is this something they evaluate at interviews? I would think if they wanted to save money they would have had questions oriented towards medical investigations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      If I recall correctly the last one they put out was for HHS internal employees only and I did not hear or see them hire anyone from that list. Those guys didn't even so much as get a notification of vacancy cancellation, just nothing. What they did get when they called HR was the "we should be contacting for interviews in a couple weeks." The guys I know got that speech a couple different times before they just gave up. I have no insight as to why they do what they do but just know this HHS HR is just as defunct as every other HR in the federal government so don't expect straight shooters.

On a side note it will be interesting to see who they hire (if they do). Typically education is the second highest factor next to medical care fraud investigations experience. Masters degree holders definitely get a closer look, so it will be interesting to see how many 5 and 10 point vets with masters degrees apply/get the job.
                      Last edited by kwaz; 01-11-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Well Im a 10 pt vet with a Masters and Intel experience, I wonder how quick Ill get dropped lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texengland View Post
                          Well Im a 10 pt vet with a Masters and Intel experience, I wonder how quick Ill get dropped lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Texen, hopefully they fixed whatever the heck went wrong last go around and they actually take this round serious. Not that it matters because I'm just curious but is your intel experience law enforcement intel or military intel?

Comment

All with the military

Comment

I'm a 10 point preference vet as well and half way thru my masters degree. I know the education question asked if you have completed one year of graduate level courses. I have some investigative experience working for the bureau of prisons but no medical background. So who knows ! Best of luck to all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8393 users online. 379 members and 8014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X