Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA1998
    commented on 's reply
    I heard the cost of it all made HSI get cold feet.

• specialagentblog
    replied
    Does anybody have any insight as to why the FAMS to HSI career transition opportunity was canceled? I would like to be able to post some explanation as to what happened.

-SA Blog

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• App202054
    replied
    Originally posted by CUBroncs10 View Post
    Dumb question but do they let you listen to music while you do the run? I've taken a few PT tests and some have.
    They did tell us we were allowed to use ear buds if we had them, one person in the group that was running used them and no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• MP08
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I went to an urgent care the Doc didn’t really know what was needed. I just told her to give me a sports physical to say I was fit to do exercises and she went with it.

• Jdcsquared
    commented on 's reply
    I had trouble getting mine signed as well. Primary doctor would not sign it because no matter how I tried to explain he was adamant that it was a pre-employment physical. I ended up having to pay out of pocket at an occupational health clinic because health insurance doesn’t cover occupational health.

• nballstar
    commented on 's reply
    I went to my primary doctor for an annual physical. I had to explain what it was and she signed it. I would just tell them it’s just saying you’re not going to die if you do push ups or sit ups. The doc just might not understand what it means.

• CUBroncs10
    replied
    Did anyone have trouble getting the PT participation form signed? I’ve been to two sports clinics and they won’t sign it.

Leave a comment:

• NGPAPP
    commented on 's reply
    CUBroncs10 I didn't, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to. Can't hurt to ask.

• CUBroncs10
    commented on 's reply
    Dumb question but do they let you listen to music while you do the run? I've taken a few PT tests and some have.

• NGPAPP
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure what qualifies as a traditional treadmill, but I would describe it as a normal one that you would see in a gym. I don't recall the brand but I don't think you can rely on all the field offices having the same brand treadmill. Mine was done in the field office gym, and there were all different brands of equipment.

I would say, if you get the time, try and do a couple runs on a treadmill to at least orient yourself. To me it feels much different then running outside, and it showed during my assessment.

• App202054
    replied
    Hello Everyone, from reading this forum it looks like it is a pretty solid bet that the PT test is done on a treadmill.

Curious if everyone was on a traditional treadmill, and this may be an odd question but do any of you remember the brand? My experiences with treadmills vary. My assessment is this week. Fortunately I have been training outside and inside, just curious what to expect with the treadmill.

Leave a comment:

• specialagentblog
    replied
    I am now starting to make other sections of this blog aware of a resource for those who are looking at potential career broadening opportunities later on down the road (many officers make the switch to criminal investigations & make great 1811s due to their experience). The average starting age for 1811s usually hovers in the early 30s & for most, it is their second LEO job. Additionally, fed LEOs get to keep their retirement years, TSP contributions & often receive higher starting pay bands. I hope this is useful to everyone on this forum:

I run an online site that relates to all things "1811." It includes agency profiles, hiring advice, article links and videos pertaining to the Special Agent profession.

www.specialagents.org OR Type "Special Agents Blog" into Google

I currently have agency profiles for HSI, DEA, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, DSS, IRS CI, USPIS, NCIS and now OSI.

My goal is for this website to be a great resources for current, past and future special agents. Content suggestions (ie articles, links, books) are ALWAYS welcome as providing a central repository is the intended goal.

I wish the best to my fellow & future law enforcement officers; be proud of your service.
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• Appdin
    commented on 's reply
    Great info thanks for sharing.

• NGPAPP
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, thanks for providing

• Jdcsquared
    replied
    For those wondering about a timeline....I asked HR about this after my interview in the beginning of December. I was told that the selection panel tentatively convenes in the beginning of March, and academy dates are tentatively starting in September.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Jdcsquared; 01-07-2021, 06:41 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity and removal of photo

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4629 users online. 275 members and 4354 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X