300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas343
    started a topic Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Hey guys,

Have been lurking around here for a while and kept up with the 'old' FAMS thread while it still was unlocked. Just wanted to generate some respectful discussion on the FAMS and possible hiring processes to come!

Has anyone heard much or have a guess as to when they might begin hiring? I've looked all over online and the closest thing I've found is some sort of budget that supposedly gives the TSA some $ in the next year to hire? Any idea if that's true?

Thanks and stay safe!

• invertedPanda
    commented on 's reply
    TSA is going through a re-org, including the OLE/FAMS. Hiring overall is pretty limited to just screening operations and HQ spots. It will be interesting to see the changes coming.

• Sheridan1
    replied
    What happened to this position? I think it's literally been years since the last announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Esco
    commented on 's reply
    It’ll be years if they ever hire again. They are getting smaller closing offices, etc.

• bellyer
    replied
    That is definitely not what I want to read. Fingers crossed something changes quickly and they decide to open up the process again and get a class scheduled!

Leave a comment:

• RustyJames
    replied
    I went to FLETC Artesia recently and the instructors we spoke to said that there were no FAM classes scheduled for the next two years. That could change, but as of right now, there’s nothing.

Leave a comment:

• bellyer
    commented on 's reply
    Gotta admit, seeing the FAMS thread at the top of the forum list due to an updated post had me hoping that a final offer call had gone out to someone or that there was movement in the process for those of us still in it asking for updated medical or something.

• pas207
    replied
    Anyone heard anything new? Rumblings at any of the offices?

Leave a comment:

• GenesisPure1
    replied
    Feel free to private message me and I'll answer any questions not related to Opsec. I'll let you know what we've been told about future announcements.

Leave a comment:

• Radio Raheem
    replied
    Good thing you guys took the poly for another agency. I hear CBP's poly system is totally FUBAR.

Leave a comment:

• Worm050
    replied
    I too received this email but about a month after I applied to CBP. The process couldn’t have been more simple. They reciprocated my poly. The eQip was the same. Just had to verify and submit. All I had to do was go to one interview(which was super easy) and a drug test. I went to a local Marine recruiter and had him proctor my PT test and sent that back right away. I’m now %85 done with the process. Just waiting for my background to go through. Everything else is complete. Hasn’t even been two months since applying and I was done with all MY steps by 4 Jun. Hopefully they won’t leave us hanging like FAMS did. Good luck to you all.

Leave a comment:

• J.C29
    commented on 's reply
    I just accepted an offer from CBP the other week. I applied back in January, so 5 months is pretty fast for an offer. My equip was saved from FAMS, so all I needed to do was update some dates, which didn't take long. I also didn't have to take the poly, because the one I took for FAMS was still good.

• bellyer
    commented on 's reply
    BP3 - Right. I get that. The nice thing about the FAMS possibility that I've got is that there is no need for me to relocate. I live five miles from the FAMS office that I have been in the hiring process for, but there are no CBP locations being hired for anywhere near me. FAMS I wouldn't have to relocate. CBP I would have to.

• BP3
    commented on 's reply
    bellyer CBPO’s are classified as 1895s, so they are not eligible for LEAP like 1811s and 1801s are. Just like CBPO, unless you are being hired into a supervisory position, FAMS will not cover your relocation expenses.

• mark06ls2
    replied
    This was the email I received today in regards to the CBP/BP process. I was pending a drug screening before they cancelled our process.

Through CBP’s close partnership with TSA, we were notified that you successfully completed multiple steps in the FAMS hiring process and come highly recommended. Since CBP’s hiring steps are similar to a FAMS candidate, approval has been granted for you to skip certain steps in the CBP hiring process, including the Background Investigation (e-QIP) and Polygraph Exam!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11996 users online. 492 members and 11504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X