Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
    Top Secret clearance
    DHS does it's own thing security clearance wise.....which is violation of what W. signed in regards to clearances back when he was still POTUS.

No matter what your level is, you will be re-cleared by them so it makes them feel warm and fuzzy.........

When I worked at the FAMS Op Center, I had (1) Clearance by DHS, (1) Clearance by TSA, (1) Clearance by FAMS, and (1) Clearance by FEMA because we use to go to their Op Center in downtown DC to do stuff...... all with separate badges.

DOD, DOJ, Commerce, Treasury, DOE, IRS, etc..... all took the DHS one.....

Stupidity at its finest...... get use to it with the FAMS and/or any DHS Agency.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
      staying awake for a 6-10 hour flight as you sit and watch movies.
      Pffffttt..... try longer than that with a good NWR to NRT flight.... with a show-time of 2 hours or so before the flight takes off........

Spend less than 24 hours at NRT.....then fly right back.....get less than a day off and start some short hops till you finally make your weekend......

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
        If you disclosed everything and have concerns in a particular area, then they are more than likely to extend an invitation to reschedule you for a follow up interview. If they deemed you untrustworthy, then you would have a "STOP" on your hiring process and you would know. The thing about polygraph is different for everyone because everyone has a different background. I have known people that had failed their polygraph and never had committed any crime, steal, cheat, or lied on their application.

I am not an expert on the polygraph portion, but I can say that it's a horrible feeling going through it. I know that most people thought it was painful waiting for the COE. The real pain starts after the polygraph interview. It doesn't kick in until you get home and waiting for the results of the polygraph. This hurdle is the most painful to wait for the results because it's a GO or NO GO station. Especially when you made it this far in the process and hope for a final offer, then you still have to be cleared and deemed fit for the position to get that phone call.

If you have a second chance to return for a follow up polygraph interview, then you are still in the race. Just be yourself and answers every questions the best you can and hope for the best. Good luck.
        As you stated, you may be invited for to retest. Keyword- MAY. However, you can also be disqualified. I believe the polygraph is great if used as a tool. However, if during the polygraph the applicant doesn't admit to any wrongdoing or isn't caught utilizing countermeasures, he should be given the benefit of the doubt and let a thorough background investigation uncover any issues.

Problem is, applicants are typically not given the benefit of the doubt and are automatically assumed as being deceptive or unsuitable. Which to me is ridiculous. If you've made it up to the polygraph, chances are you have your act together especially considering you've passed all the tests and interviews. Hell, the State Department doesn't use one and I don't see any issues there. ICE doesn't use one, no issues there. FAMS didn't use one, no issues there. When I mean issues, I mean serious things. Incompetent agents are in every agency, even ones with polygraphs.
        Last edited by Ironlion09; 06-12-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• I definitely appreciate the input/outlook on the job. Sounds like we have a good mix of experience in this forum. I do have one question, I have had a star over selection decision for about a month now. Everyone else seems to be moving along in the process or having their application stopped within a week or so. Any ideas on how long I should wait until I ultimately accept what it appears to mean? I am from the second announcement by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Catt View Post
            I definitely appreciate the input/outlook on the job. Sounds like we have a good mix of experience in this forum. I do have one question, I have had a star over selection decision for about a month now. Everyone else seems to be moving along in the process or having their application stopped within a week or so. Any ideas on how long I should wait until I ultimately accept what it appears to mean? I am from the second announcement by the way.
            you are on the 2nd ny/nj announcement and still havnt beeing contacted?

Comment

• That is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Catt View Post
                That is correct.
                that is very strange i may say. try maybe calling the tsa helpdesk and see whats up? you should be way past the conditional offer at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                  that is very strange i may say. try maybe calling the tsa helpdesk and see whats up? you should be way past the conditional offer at this point

What he said, most of us are at the polygraph stage either waiting for results or waiting for appointment.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                      I have a friend who is also from the 1st announcement that hasn't seen any movement and is still at referred for selection. He did his FOA in the beginning of May I believe.

I have no idea how they're doing things, if this is true then there's no Order by announcement as we thought.

Comment

• Anybody from the second announcement already done their medical and waiting for a poly appointment? I've got my medical on Wed and seems as if most of the people awaiting the poly are from the first announcement!!

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferywd1981 View Post
                            Anybody from the second announcement already done their medical and waiting for a poly appointment? I've got my medical on Wed and seems as if most of the people awaiting the poly are from the first announcement!!
                            2nd ny/nj done with poly now pulling my hair out waiting

Comment

• Shock troop how long after your medical did they schedule your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferywd1981 View Post
                                Shock troop how long after your medical did they schedule your poly?
                                Literally the next day

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4380 users online. 185 members and 4195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X