Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpagi27 View Post
      Do you guys know what your getting into by joining the FAMs? I mean, really sat down and thought about it?
      Hey cbpai27,

If you have experience or knowledge of this type of work, can you shed light on it? Or, you can even share your thoughts on joining FAMS.

Comment

• Or shed some light on the purpose of the poly

Comment

• I did mine in Houston. I was told that they would finish the paperwork by close of business. It only took two days for them to upload the dashboard. I was informed that it would take about a month (and it seems that a lot of others on here said it took a month) until I either receive a COE or rejection. It shouldn't take more than a week until they upload your interview/PFT/SAC interview results. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
            Where did you do your FOA? I did mine in Newark. I haven't seen any movement on the dashboard yet though. From what I gathered, I did well. Do you know when the FO you visited will be completed with their assessments? If im not mistaken I figured I wouldn't see anything for another week at least when they finish with that field offices deadline.
            I did mine in Houston. I was told that they would finish the paperwork by close of business. It only took two days for them to upload the dashboard. I was informed that it would take about a month (and it seems that a lot of others on here said it took a month) until I either receive a COE or rejection. It shouldn't take more than a week until they upload your interview/PFT/SAC interview results. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
              Anyone receive COE's for 3rd post yet (CHI, ATL, LA, DC) ???
              Not yet. Just referred for selection 06/08. When were you referred for selection?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
                The waiting is killing..... I have heard some mixed rumors about the third post, all are not flattering
                What do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                  Or shed some light on the purpose of the poly
                  I don't know if you have done any polygraph interview in the past or have worked for any type of Law Enforcement agency. The purpose of the polygraph is a tool used by most Law Enforcement to process applicants during the hiring process. Federal and Government agencies use polygraph testing to weed out job applicants. It's being used because all other Federal Law Enforcement Agencies use them for their new hire.

If you've provided correct/truthful answers in every security question for a Top Secret clearance then you should have nothing to worry about. However, if you leave out something or did not disclose everything, then this might be a indication to the agency that you are not telling the truth about yourself. This can come across as deceptive. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
                    I don't know if you have done any polygraph interview in the past or have worked for any type of Law Enforcement agency. The purpose of the polygraph is a tool used by most Law Enforcement to process applicants during the hiring process. Federal and Government agencies use polygraph testing to weed out job applicants. It's being used because all other Federal Law Enforcement Agencies use them for their new hire.

If you've provided correct/truthful answers in every security question for a Top Secret clearance then you should have nothing to worry about. However, if you leave out something or did not disclose everything, then this might be a indication to the agency that you are not telling the truth about yourself. This can come across as deceptive. Good luck!

what if you disclose everything but they still consider you "deceptive" in a particular field and if that person, let's say in theory, already has a TS?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                      what if you disclose everything but they still consider you "deceptive" in a particular field and if that person, let's say in theory, already has a TS?
                      If you disclosed everything and have concerns in a particular area, then they are more than likely to extend an invitation to reschedule you for a follow up interview. If they deemed you untrustworthy, then you would have a "STOP" on your hiring process and you would know. The thing about polygraph is different for everyone because everyone has a different background. I have known people that had failed their polygraph and never had committed any crime, steal, cheat, or lied on their application.

I am not an expert on the polygraph portion, but I can say that it's a horrible feeling going through it. I know that most people thought it was painful waiting for the COE. The real pain starts after the polygraph interview. It doesn't kick in until you get home and waiting for the results of the polygraph. This hurdle is the most painful to wait for the results because it's a GO or NO GO station. Especially when you made it this far in the process and hope for a final offer, then you still have to be cleared and deemed fit for the position to get that phone call.

If you have a second chance to return for a follow up polygraph interview, then you are still in the race. Just be yourself and answers every questions the best you can and hope for the best. Good luck.

Comment

• [QUOTE let's say in theory, already has a TS?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if you know how security clearance works, but a TS from different agency doest not show up on JPAS if it's not compatible. Even if you have already have a TS in the same agency, you still need to go through the same hiring process. You have to understand that not everyone on this hiring process is a first time FAMS. There are a few applicants that were prior FAMS whom left the agency to work for another federal law enforcement agencies. Since the announcement had opened to everyone, Prior FAMS re-apply for these announcements.

Your Military/DoD security clearance is different from DHS clearances, so even though you currently have a TS it's not the same. Example: A person that currently has a TS clearance and is valid for another 3 years, but got in trouble for domestic abuse charge. This has not been reported or update in JPAS. Would it right for an Federal Law Enforcement agency to hire this person because they already have a TS?

Well, this is the reason why the agency review the current updated SF86 and conduct the polygraph to ensure they are not hiring people with criminal background.

Comment

• They didn't poly when I got hired five years ago. But I'll tell you this, this place is becoming a joke. If you still think some haji is taking over a plane with knives and guns, then maybe this IS the place for you! Enjoy just being a number. Congress apparently is impressed with the numbers of flights covered.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                            I've done some similar work in the past so I'm on board. No problem. What about yourself?
                            I highly doubt you have done anything that involves travelling in and out of 5-7 time zones weekly, while staying awake for a 6-10 hour flight as you sit and watch movies. Yes this is the job. Doesn't sound like what you expected or sounds "easy"? It isn't hard as in difficult brain taxing work. But actually it will wear on you mentally and somewhat physically. Don't think so? Talk to me after you have been on 4+ years and on your way to Africa for the 10th time sitting in coach. Enjoy

This doesn't even include staying in decent shape if you plan to leave for another job someday, or not coming home exhausted to your family who haven't seen you in two days and expect you to spend time with them. Yes you may not have a family now. Again talk to me in a few years.

There is no job comparable to this for "similar work" except MAYBE flight attendant for the hours. Even they get more rest mandated though and less long hauls per month. Oh they also get like 2 hour breaks on long 10 hour flights, you won't.

Comment

• YOUNG416

thank you for your wise words. i really appreciate your descriptive post
                              Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
                                polygraph
                                Voodoo science..... Can't believe anyone in their right mind still uses a tool that is inadmissible in court......too weed out applicants........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12016 users online. 482 members and 11534 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X