300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted post**
    Last edited by X-man234; 07-12-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• deleted post**
      Last edited by X-man234; 07-12-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
        Well said brother!!!! It's either a YES or a NO from the hiring agency!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Spot on man but I'd ad that in this day and age it's either yes, no, or no answer at all lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by caseyp View Post
          Spot on man but I'd ad that in this day and age it's either yes, no, or no answer at all lol.
          Lmbo, you know your last line is true!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you cannot consistently shoot a 255 then it's probably not in your best interest to apply as that is their standard.
            Not a true statement.....

IF you get hired by the FAMS, you will shoot, and shoot, and shoot.....till you become very good down at NM. You will go thru buckets of ammo daily.....

Most firearms instructors prefer to have non-shooters over shooters as shooter don't tend to correct their mistakes as easily......

Comment

• You rarely see anyone get booted for shooting.. You spend your first 4 weeks everyday almost on the range at ACY.. In Artesia you only have to shoot a 225..

Comment

• Geez every one is a know it all...

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                  You have completely missed the point of what I wrote and how it relates to this job. You may have worked with a couple of guys on VIPR assignments before, but you are forgetting what FAMS primary mission is. They are a very small group of people on a plane, who are the only thing that stands to prevent the potential massacre of thousands of people. These situations are not the type of things that develop slowly over time, the threats will emerge quickly, without warning, and in a best case scenario, you may only have a couple seconds to react. There is no time to ask your partners what to do or how to react. If you are the type of person who looks to others to solve problems, you have no business being a FAM. There are many other jobs that this same person could be great at, but this is one very special job that requires people prepared and ready to act alone without hesitation.

I'm not saying anything other than, in my opinion (having been a FAM) this person is not ready to be a FAM at this moment.
                  I totally understand what you're saying, 100%. I just think that you never know what can happen and telling someone "no, they should not even try to apply", is not the right approach. Let the hiring officials decide that.

Comment

LOL I hate the "no answer" part!

Comment

• @X-man234 as you can see you're embarking on a profession where individuals have type "A" personalities, which in most cases can serve you well. You just have to know when & where to turn it on and off. Understand, we as LEO's can be self centered premadonna's and at times think our jobs/mission's are the most critical and no one else's comes close. When you crossover make sure you check yourself when you feel that coming on. If I can be of any advice to you, don't ever sell yourself short! You bring something to the table. You're just under 2 years in DOC, and you're in college. Keep it up. I'm willing to bet the things you see and deal with working with the inmate population on a daily, provides you with more experience and know how than you're giving yourself credit for. I'm willing to bet you would be to pick up on more things than most active FAMS could; and be able to make a spilt second decision on it. I have a soft side for corrections . Also don't come on a forum and ask about applying; just do it. Remember you determine the direction that you want your career to go. Just my .02 cent

Comment

• deleted post**
                        Last edited by X-man234; 07-12-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Just in case y'all didn't know, the FAM position that just opened up is for current federal employees only - unless I'm missing something, in which case, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
                            Just in case y'all didn't know, the FAM position that just opened up is for current federal employees only - unless I'm missing something, in which case, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
                            Link? I can't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                              Link? I can't find it.
                              That should be it. If not, just search "Federal Air Marshal" and click Federal Employees Only

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search?keywo...&search=Search

Comment

• [QUOTE=4ston;3798400]That should be it. If not, just search "Federal Air Marshal" and click Federal Employees Only

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search?keywo...&search=Search[/QUOTE

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425467200

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 329 members and 6030 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X