Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kkb0193
    replied
    Got my FO today with start date of 15 Jan 2023.

Leave a comment:

• illini372
    commented on 's reply
    Why would you give up your 1811 and move to FAM?

• NWcountry31
    commented on 's reply
    Due to the federal injunction still in place it's not required to my knowledge although the agency can change its mind. Recoil8 could you shed more light on that?

The PT test isn't a pass or fail, it's taking all scores into consideration. I don't believe it would disqualify you; however, it wouldn't look the greatest on your scoring. Again, this is my assumption. Unless you have an injury you're recovering from?

Anyone else have thoughts?

• Sam gerard
    commented on 's reply
    What kind of warrior can't complete a mile and half run?

• LEOWarrior
    replied
    Does anyone know if there is a vaccine mandate for this position? I know they probably do, being that you will fly with many different people on different airlines going to different states. I was just trying to see if anyone knows for sure? Also, is the PT hard…..if you don’t complete 1.5 miles and stop are you disqualified?

Leave a comment:

• Stay Frosty
    replied
    Can a DHS agency 1811 lateral over to FAM?

Leave a comment:

• MerJ68
    commented on 's reply
    I interviewed in September, haven’t heard anything back. I assume we will know sometime in October.

• GKaur
    replied
    How long does the background check take for the Air Marshals? anybody heard anything if you interviewed in august?
    does the background check time differ if raised in different country until 14..?​

Leave a comment:

• MerJ68
    commented on 's reply
    How far did you get before?

• mnrt175
    replied
    Could any FAMs that recently got hired and finished with the academy DM me? Have a non-OPSEC question…

Leave a comment:

• Exbpa340
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the link.

• Exbpa340
    replied
    Originally posted by IRONHORSE56 View Post
    From what I gather, highly likely FAMS will be moving to the GS scale and journey at 13. This is a great opportunity and the agency is changing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the likelihood of that bill passing the Senate is very low. Probably in the 5 or 6 percent range. It passed the house along party lines (not a difficult task) but took over a year to do so. The true hurdle will be to get 60 votes in the Senate in 3 months before the session expires. Keep in mind the Senate only has about 38 legislative calendar days left in the year and a similar bill has been sitting in the Senate for almost 1.5 years. The house bill was referred to the senate after passage in the house back in early May and there has been no movement. The good news is it will only be a short wait to find out.

If it does pass it will be a huuuuge pay increase.

Its probably much more likely that a similar bill (perhaps a bit watered down) passes in the future (5,10 or 15 years) to convert employees to the General Schedule. I can say confidently that the only way FAMS will go to GS 13 is if there is verbiage directing the grade in any legislation that passes. If the position is analyzed by OPM there is almost zero chance of a 13. Best case scenario would be a GS 12 and quite possibly a GS 11 if graded by OPM.
    Last edited by Exbpa340; 09-24-2022, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smokeybear83
    commented on 's reply
    Exbpa340 It passed the house and is sitting in the senate. Would be a nice switch for sure since it would add the step increases over time.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/903

• mnrt175
    commented on 's reply
    Potential applicant here. How exactly is the agency changing?

• Exbpa340
    commented on 's reply
    Has this been passed and signed?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3354 users online. 233 members and 3121 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X