300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shyn1504 View Post
    I ran across this online, does anybody know how true this? http://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-c...e-bill/81/text
    That has been introduced before and never gotten approved. Similar to the attempt to convert the pay band pay scale to a GS pay scale.

See below for previous attempts by Sheila Jackson the representative from Texas to get this passed.

H.R. 64 (113th): FAMS Augmentation Act of 2013

H.R.71 : FAMS Augmentation Act of 2011

Sure would be nice if it did get passed but doesn't look like it ever will based on the fact that it has been tried multiple times.

This part in particular would be great because it would mean that current FAMs would only have to do a short 2-3 weeks of follow on training to receive a CITP certificate. But like I said it will probably never happen.

"an air marshal hired before such date who has not completed the criminal investigative training program shall be required to attend an alternative training program, as determined by the Director of the Federal Law Enforcement Center, that provides the training necessary to bridge the gap between the mixed basic police training, the Federal air marshal programs already completed by the Federal air marshal, and the criminal investigative training provided through the criminal investigative training program. Any such alternative program shall be considered to have met the standards of the criminal investigative training program."
    Last edited by NCOForever; 05-10-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YouAreNeverOutOfTheFight View Post
      So I asked once before, and again I'm new to the forum, but for those who got the COE call and scheduled their med/poly and for those who already completed that part I have two questions. One, when you received the phone call does a start go over referred for selection, selection decision, and conditional offer all simultaneously? I have had a star over referred for selection for weeks. Then for those who got the call, and did their medical, have they said when the anticipated class should begin? And there was a rumor that they would do backgrounds while people are in the academy? If anyone with information can fill me in on some these questions it would be much appreciated!
      PMed you.
      Last edited by NCOForever; 05-10-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
        PMed you.
        I don't have a PM in my inbox...

Sorry just turned my PM on.
        Last edited by YouAreNeverOutOfTheFight; 05-10-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Just submitted my E-quip and required docs. Anybody completed the medical, drug screen mental eval & poly? If so PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBoombastic View Post
            Just submitted my E-quip and required docs. Anybody completed the medical, drug screen mental eval & poly? If so PM me.
            1st announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
              1st announcement?
              Yes first NY/NJ.

Comment

• Has anyone had any issues getting the pta form signed by a doc? I recently relocated (I have no primary care physician) and I have gone to 3 clinics in the city and each say 'OH NO WE CANT SIGN THAT!"....Seriously, I am 25 years old, work out 6 days a week. All I need a is a doctor to do is look at me and say 'yes' not actually perform the pt 'test' me which is something I don't believe they can differentiate. Only one physician said they could do it and it would be $200 out of pocket...the doc's office doesn't consider that 'preventative' so it cant be billed to insurance. This sounds crazy I know...I have had to re-schedule my office visit now 3 times and I am sure they are not happy...I have done several pt tests and medicals in the past and never had any issues till this...

Just heads up to anyone, make sure yourself you give yourself plenty of time to schedule your next step

vent done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                  Has anyone had any issues getting the pta form signed by a doc? I recently relocated (I have no primary care physician) and I have gone to 3 clinics in the city and each say 'OH NO WE CANT SIGN THAT!"....Seriously, I am 25 years old, work out 6 days a week. All I need a is a doctor to do is look at me and say 'yes' not actually perform the pt 'test' me which is something I don't believe they can differentiate. Only one physician said they could do it and it would be $200 out of pocket...the doc's office doesn't consider that 'preventative' so it cant be billed to insurance. This sounds crazy I know...I have had to re-schedule my office visit now 3 times and I am sure they are not happy...I have done several pt tests and medicals in the past and never had any issues till this...

Just heads up to anyone, make sure yourself you give yourself plenty of time to schedule your next step

vent done.
                  Look up walk in clinics, I had a similar issue, I paid 60 bucks.

Comment

• anyone from the 2nd NY/NJ announcement have any movement on the dashboard and/or get an offer yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                      anyone from the 2nd NY/NJ announcement have any movement on the dashboard and/or get an offer yet?
                      Nothing yet

Comment

• Happy this process is moving, but its moving a little faster than i hoped lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1337_SA View Post
                          Happy this process is moving, but its moving a little faster than i hoped lol

Are you still part of the first announcement? Hoping for any movement at this point. Going on a month and half wait after my Field office visit ...

Comment

• yea i am. Im also waiting on the last announcement as well bcuz those locations were more desirable imo, but I will press on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1337_SA View Post
                              yea i am. Im also waiting on the last announcement as well bcuz those locations were more desirable imo, but I will press on.

Did you go to the appointment already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                                Has anyone had any issues getting the pta form signed by a doc? I recently relocated (I have no primary care physician) and I have gone to 3 clinics in the city and each say 'OH NO WE CANT SIGN THAT!"....Seriously, I am 25 years old, work out 6 days a week. All I need a is a doctor to do is look at me and say 'yes' not actually perform the pt 'test' me which is something I don't believe they can differentiate. Only one physician said they could do it and it would be $200 out of pocket...the doc's office doesn't consider that 'preventative' so it cant be billed to insurance. This sounds crazy I know...I have had to re-schedule my office visit now 3 times and I am sure they are not happy...I have done several pt tests and medicals in the past and never had any issues till this...

vent done.
                                I am having the same problem right now. They have never seen this form and do not want to sign it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4923 users online. 310 members and 4613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X